Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 28

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
acw_dj wrote :
DJ Vora, your problem is not related to Numark hardware, so please don't post in here or other threads that have nothing to do with your issue. Open a new thread or search for the right thread about VirtualDJ CPU usage.

I'M VERY SORRY. I did it, but was closed by a Senior Moderator for helping me.

Thanks for everything. The problem is solved, it was the Display Driver. Toshiba don't have a Display Driver for XP for my model (Satellite L305D-S5934) and in the ATI Web only give me a software with the generic driver. I just put back the Factory OS (Vista) and everything is back to normal...

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 1:02 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Numark MixDeck question

I just got mine unit like an hour ago. Here is what I am trying to figure out how to setup:
How can I make Jog-wheels more accurate for scratching in Virtual DJ? I have setup latency to fastest, but it still gives me delay.

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 2:48 pm
Like I said. I have Numark MixDeck paired with MacBook 13" 2.2GHz (black), 2 GB of RAM.
Runing Virtual DJ 6.0.7 on Windows 7 32bit

And I can not get jog-wheels to scratch accurate. I tried to tweak settings, but no matter what I do it's latency goes to way behind to scratch.
The sound responds a part of a second after my hand movement.

My settings are following:
- Inputs: none
- Outputs: external mixer
- Sound card: Asio (MixDeck Asio driver) Ultra-Latency asio -> clicked
- Asio config: 256 samples - 6.8ms/37.8ms

- Options tab -> Jog Sensitivity 250%

Performance tab
- Presets -> fastest
- Latency -> auto
- Scratch -> optimize for: latency

How can I get it to scratch on point with Virtual DJ?
At least on the level like it can scratch with a audio CD inside.

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 8:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Always use the Latency setting on AUTO in the Performance tab. And use the driver's setting to change the latency/buffer settings. Also, always start with the driver's defaults.

Thenadjust VirtualDJ's Scratch Sensitivity option on the Config -> Options tab. Move the slider left for tight - move right for loose. If you can't find a happy point then you can start making small adjustments to the driver's latency/buffer settings. But I recommend after going higher 1 setting on the drivers come back to the sensitivity settings.

Posted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 10:24 pm

Thanx for your help cstoll.
If you read again, you will find out that is exactly how I set it up.
I am not happy with jog-wheels performance in Virtual Dj At all.
It gives a small delay and makes it useless to really scratch.
I don't know is it up to Numark or Virtual DJ, but I know that when I scratch on it's jog-wheels by using simple audio CD it preforms OK.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 12:52 am
Super- wrote :
- Asio config: 256 samples - 6.8ms/37.8ms

- Options tab -> Jog Sensitivity 250%

Performance tab
- Presets -> fastest
- Latency -> auto
- Scratch -> optimize for: latency

Ok, sorry ... cross-eyed in my reading I guess :(

But, 250% seems a bit high ... hmmm ... don't have to have it that high for the one I have. But, I will agree that the platters on the unit are a bit tight.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 3:53 pm

Well no matter if I set it to 100, 150, 200 or 250% it sound still goes too way behind for a decent scratching and cutting.
Only CD goes well if you follow the LED circle light marker.
I wonder if it's same with the NS7/V7 unit using Virtual DJ?

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 8:45 pm
Please don't quote the message right before your post ... it adds nothing to the dialog.

The NS7/V7 units are totally different beasts. I would not even compare them to the MixDeck.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 8:53 pm
I have the Numark DM-950 USB. Before I plug it in I want to know will this mixer work with VDJ. I dont want to smoke the usb connection
over program error. Thanks.

Posted Sun 18 Apr 10 @ 10:38 pm
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Out of the box the Numark Omni controller only loop buttons and FX buttons control cue and do nothing respectively. I tried remapping using mapper tab but button does not function after change. How can I map via midi? What is the format for setting up the xml file. When using the mapper trace application I get this when I press the LOOP IN button: 90 49 7F 00, 90 49 00 00. How do you incorporate this into a midi xml file?

Posted Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 10:10 pm
arzee1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have the Numark Omni with the VDJ demo. I will purchase the version if someone can please give me the format for the xml file to map via midi notes? Using the midi trace program I come up with this 90 49 7F 00, 90 49 00 00 for the Loop In button. How do I use this format to map the commands?

Posted Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 3:41 pm
TacoDjLE userMember since 2010
Just purchased an ION iCUE. using both cue & virtual dj software. im wondering if anyone knows what the correct configuration for cueing up the music in my earphones (connected to front panel pc) and playing through my speakers. i have one soundcard connected to windows based pc.
i've tried all available settings, but all i get is the same sound through both my speakers & headphones.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 10:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TacoDj wrote :
Just purchased an ION iCUE. using both cue & virtual dj software. im wondering if anyone knows what the correct configuration for cueing up the music in my earphones (connected to front panel pc) and playing through my speakers. i have one soundcard connected to windows based pc.
i've tried all available settings, but all i get is the same sound through both my speakers & headphones.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Howdy
What soundcard do you have is it a 4.1 or 5.1?

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 1:48 pm
TacoDjLE userMember since 2010
hi

it's an asus soundmax 5.1

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 5:52 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello! I just want to let my fellow Djs know that I had upgraded my computer from a hp which has an AMD processor, to a Dell studio Blue label edition with intel core i5 processor. Since I did the upgrade virtual dj is working pretty good with the numark ns7. I already recorded two Cds of 80 mins each and the sound quality is perfect. Also I'm in the process of doing video and I think the virtual Dj is going to do perfect with videos too. The only recomendation I will suggest to any one using the intel core i3, i5, or i7, make sure that you update your bios.

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 9:29 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
arzee1 wrote :
I have the Numark Omni with the VDJ demo. I will purchase the version if someone can please give me the format for the xml file to map via midi notes? Using the midi trace program I come up with this 90 49 7F 00, 90 49 00 00 for the Loop In button. How do I use this format to map the commands?

Hello,

You are doing thing wrong in here. With VirtualDJ Trial just go to CONFIG--- MAPPERS and select the button you want to assign. then put LOOP_IN in action and that's all. With VirtualDJ is very easy to map any midi device. You don't need any midi trace to do this with Numark Omni Control.

Posted Sun 25 Apr 10 @ 12:10 pm
MIXDECK is awsome....but software is a problem. LE suck's......VDJ seems ot work pretty good, I would reccomend anyone try it. but heres my question. I can still lock up the midi control on the mixdeck---computer? Any way to reset this short of shutting everything down?

Posted Sat 08 May 10 @ 2:43 pm
Does the Mic / aux input work onteh NS7 yet?

Also, any special tricks on getting the ION Discover DJ to get "found", 6.0.8 does not see it. i got it for my 4th grade son, target is blowing them out at $32

Posted Mon 10 May 10 @ 10:39 pm

Posted Tue 11 May 10 @ 12:33 pm
Sorry-

My BAd!

Posted Tue 11 May 10 @ 2:15 pm
34%