Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 27

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

We have said several time in several threads that "Yes" that support for controllers with a onboard Mic jack (NS7 included) will be supported. For various reasons it did not make the completion list in the latest version. But it still is on the list of things to do.

And if you want to complain to Numark .. please do it elsewhere, this is not Numark and not their site. This thread is provided as courtesy to our Numark CUE/VV and hardware users. It is not a complaint forum for voicing opinions on what and how Numark conducts their business. Please take that up with Numark directly and not here.

Posted Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 6:35 pm
Hey,

I recently bought the numark total control, with the DJ IO sound card, ive installed the sound card like the manual says, im using numark CUE and Virtual DJ, ive set it up like it says (Using ASIO driver in the sound ouytput) and both decks are playing through the headphones, no sound is coming from my pc speakers, ive also tried using the 2 sound card method but the Numark soundcard doesnt show up, is there something im doing wrong?? the sound card is connected to my PC via USB only, is there anything else I need to connect?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 12:26 pm
ruckuzHome userMember since 2009
hey,
i have the Numark Mixdeck, VDj 6.0.7. and it keeps freezing for about a second to 2 seconds periodically (say every 3-4 mins). any help as to why it freezes up and it really annoying. thanks

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 6:10 pm
ruckuz wrote :
hey,
i have the Numark Mixdeck, VDj 6.0.7. and it keeps freezing for about a second to 2 seconds periodically (say every 3-4 mins). any help as to why it freezes up and it really annoying. thanks

The occasional freeze is typically do to CPU spikes caused by using a Wireless Network Interface or some type of driver conflict. Disable any Wireless interfaces (including Bluetooth) and play with it some more. Also, since you are an user with an additional controller with built-in audio, you may find that you might have to uninstall the those drivers and MixDeck, reboot and just install the MixDeck drivers to get rid of the pauses.

Posted Fri 26 Mar 10 @ 6:44 pm
I own the numark mixdeck and it performs perfect with vdj 6.07 no freeze at all. I am using a hp laptop w/ windows xp 1gig of ram and pent 4. I dont use video yet.
In device manager turn of the wireles card. All virus pertection and windows update and fire walloff. The audio seems to be better now that i am using the mixdeck w/ 6.07. I was using the hercules mik2 before. the hercules performance has gotten better in 6.07. the jog wheels more on point for skratching or cueing a audio track.
I just want to say 6.07 works fine for my needs with the mixdeck or the hercules mk2. the fact is with vdj u can rock a party with no controler at all. All u need is a good sound card. Hell u dont even need talent just material and vdj and a audience. I am hooked on vdj !!

Posted Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 3:11 am
jamieg93ControlleristMember since 2010
I have a Numark omni control and have the latest drivers etc. however i cannot get any software either traktor le 3 or virtual dj 6 to scratch using the jog wheels and i have phoned and googled my brains away trying to resolve this please help.

Posted Sat 27 Mar 10 @ 7:47 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cstoll wrote :
We have said several time in several threads that "Yes" that support for controllers with a onboard Mic jack (NS7 included) will be supported. For various reasons it did not make the completion list in the latest version. But it still is on the list of things to do.

And if you want to complain to Numark .. please do it elsewhere, this is not Numark and not their site. This thread is provided as courtesy to our Numark CUE/VV and hardware users. It is not a complaint forum for voicing opinions on what and how Numark conducts their business. Please take that up with Numark directly and not here.

I being using itch and as my fellow dj said is not a competition for virtual Dj or Virtual vinyl. I really think the virtual Dj team are doing a great job supporting all this threads. Sooner or later we are going to have a perfect program and we all are going to be happy. We only need to give the teamers the support they deserve for doing a great job.

Posted Sun 28 Mar 10 @ 9:31 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ddibbern wrote :
I have a Simple Question, and would like a simple answer... Is there a planned fix / update for VV that will allow the Mic to work with the NS7? I am still running 6.0.5 because I heard nothing but horror stories about going to 6.07. I am SOOOO happy with my Mac Book Pro and VV 6.05 on my NS7, if only the Mic/AUX inputs would work it would be perfect as far as I am concerned.

What really bugs me is that Numark released Cue. It was really good, and Serato was the enemy... CUE vs SERATO, and now Numark seems to be in bed with Serato and ITCH whuile still supporting CUE? ALA Tiger Woods and Jessie James..... :)

Come on Numark, you found a GREAT product with CUE / VV, and you made a great product the NS7, now why did you go to ITCH, not even a "real" DJ program, it's a wanna be program. i would expect it to be bundled with the ION Discover DJ'ing hardware!

I really dont understand why you went with ITCH.. It's NOT better, sexier or cooler. It doesnt taste as well, or even put out as well, and it is not the same class of software as VV. If you are gonna jump in bed with Serato, at least make it work with SCRATCH LIVE and give us an upgrade path so we could run VV and Scratch, not itch. I really feel as if ITCH ois the red headed stepchild bastard kid from next door who wants to play with my expensive toys, but cant hang with the big boys!

You go VV team, you guys make a rockin product!

Its not really the case of one product VS another each product has its target market and use.
People have different needs and as a hardware supplier we have to do our best to meet all users needs.
We are committed to continuing support for Cue and VV moving forward. Im glad your happy with your VV setup.

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 1:43 pm
jamieg93 wrote :
I have a Numark omni control and have the latest drivers etc. however i cannot get any software either traktor le 3 or virtual dj 6 to scratch using the jog wheels and i have phoned and googled my brains away trying to resolve this please help.

Hello, have you enabled scratch mode on the controller?

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 1:43 pm
its_skee wrote :
Hey,

I recently bought the numark total control, with the DJ IO sound card, ive installed the sound card like the manual says, im using numark CUE and Virtual DJ, ive set it up like it says (Using ASIO driver in the sound ouytput) and both decks are playing through the headphones, no sound is coming from my pc speakers, ive also tried using the 2 sound card method but the Numark soundcard doesnt show up, is there something im doing wrong?? the sound card is connected to my PC via USB only, is there anything else I need to connect?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello, what is your specification and what versions do you use?

Posted Wed 31 Mar 10 @ 1:47 pm
Thank you Numark, for my VV that ROCKS my NS7 on my Mac. I didnt mean to complain, it is GREAT!

Posted Sun 04 Apr 10 @ 2:28 am
xrdjxHome userMember since 2010
Is the Numark X7 in stores yet?

Posted Mon 05 Apr 10 @ 4:48 pm
I just bought the Numark MixDeck and this controller rocks. I connected it to VDJ and it is playing like a charm. However I have two minor issues.

1. The "bleep" switch does not work properly. Instead of reversing the part I want to bleep and jumping back to the continuos point, the song goes in reverse and then it continues from the point it stopped reversing. I checked the command and the "dump" is assigned to the switch. So, I don't know what is going on here.

2. There is no "sync" button. I would really like to have this feature.

Is anybody having these same issues? If not, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
BigReg

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 5:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The BLEEP / Reverse are 2 modes of one switch -- are you pushing and holding the switch in the UP position? (Bleep) If you are flipping down where it locks then that is Reverse and not Bleep.

Re-assign TAP to Sync in the mapper -- or pick a different button and assign it sync

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 7:22 pm
Yes, I am flipping the switch up and it reverses, instead of bleeping. It works fine, when I use CD's or a USB flash drive. However, it is not working with VDJ for some reason.

Do you have any ideas on what I need to do to get it to operate?

Posted Tue 06 Apr 10 @ 9:28 pm
Do you have safe mode enabled in CONFIG -> Sound Setup ?

If so, try unticking it.

Posted Wed 07 Apr 10 @ 11:45 am
DJSQUZZHome userMember since 2010
Can a Numark TTUSB be used for timecode records, i know its not meant for scratching, but i have an insanely low budget and i would like to try some timecode scratching

Posted Thu 08 Apr 10 @ 2:33 pm
You will need a 4-in/4-out ASIO sound card for timecode vinyl use, such as Hercules DJ Trim, Native Instruments Audio 4 DJ, ESI Maya44 USB, etc.

You also ideally need direct drive turntables.

The sound card in USB turntables is not suitable for timecode - It's only intended for 'ripping' vinyl to MP3, not live DJ performance.

Posted Thu 08 Apr 10 @ 9:26 pm
cstoll wrote :
The BLEEP / Reverse are 2 modes of one switch -- are you pushing and holding the switch in the UP position? (Bleep) If you are flipping down where it locks then that is Reverse and not Bleep.

Re-assign TAP to Sync in the mapper -- or pick a different button and assign it sync

Thanks cstoll

I made these changes and it works perfectly. In my opinion, this is the best controller on the market. Everything is right at your finger tips and being able to switch from CD to USB to PC is priceless. Pluse, you can add a Ipod. This controller is sick. If you ain't got one, better get it!

Big Reg

Posted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 12:40 pm
DJ Vora, your problem is not related to Numark hardware, so please don't post in here or other threads that have nothing to do with your issue. Open a new thread or search for the right thread about VirtualDJ CPU usage.

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 11:45 am
32%