Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 26

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The Numark MixDeck is 2 NDX-800s in an All-in-One unit with a mixer between them. So, with the addition of the MixDeck to the next version - there will be also added the NDX-800.

And Yes, the Jogs are touch sensitive.

Posted Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 5:42 pm
Hi

I have posted this under the mac forum as well as that is the operating system that I'm using.

Problem that I have is the Numark Omni..... just downloaded the newest version of VDJ 6.0.7 hoping the problem had been fixed, but no such luck.

I have just spent just over an hour mapping the omni as native support has it mapped in the strangest way ever, the eff knobs are doing pitch and fast search and all sorts of weird stuff.

I want to set it up as the total control unit was so that these knobs can control both the effects and samples.

the only parts I can't get to work is this, is there a special way to set it up? can i download a xml. file with it already done? how do i save my xml. and reload it? can't get this to happen either.

thanks

Posted Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 3:17 pm
hi ,
i was hoping 6.07 did the trick but also this update no luck,

will the start time/stop time (delay) knobs on the ns7 eventually work??

thanks

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 1:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
s.waterreus wrote :

Did what trick?

Start/Stop knobs ... on the list of to do ... but not a priority.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 1:41 pm
cstoll wrote :
s.waterreus wrote :

Did what trick?

lol.... the trick of making it work, but thanks for the reply, i'll just patiently wait.

Posted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 2:22 pm

Posted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 3:35 am
chfocusPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Does the microphone work with ver6.0.7

Posted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 5:21 am
nsviperHome userMember since 2009
Ok I got 2 Numark Axis 9's(with blue lights, MIDI out and in and Digital) and connected them with my Hercules MK2 to use it as a mixer and use it with VDJ Timecode. After 1-2 hours trying to sort out a problem i found out it was that i had to get the PRO grade TimeCode. But now..i can't use any effects from the player and when i hit Pause it just starts skipping the song back and forward and I can't CUE. Any idea on what is wrong? Also when i play it without timecode with normal Audio CD that i have burned the Bass is SO high that it distortes the whole sound.

Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 5:38 pm
Effects built into the CD players CANNOT be used with timecode (Except for reverse, bleep and possibly 'chop')

Why? Because they are applied to the timecode signal itself and corrupt it. The same also applies to master tempo/keylock on the CD players too.

You must use the effects built into VirtualDJ itself and if you wish to use master tempo/keylock, activate this feature within VirtualDJ itself.

If you wish to be able to trigger VirtualDJ effects from the CD player, then you would need a MIDI capable CD player or controller.

For best results, make sure that the CD players are set to scratch mode (So that the 'stutter' frame cueing is disabled.)

Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 2:47 pm
nsviperHome userMember since 2009
Well actually my players HAVE Midi..they have MIDI in/out. And what about the sound does anyone have any ideas about it?

Posted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 4:04 pm
well... good morning at first.
here my problem:
on last weeks tuesday I decided to start my dj-career by buying the Total Control - on friday evening I finally got it.
after formating my desktop-pc and reinstalling windows xp (pro, SP3) I tried to connect the Total Control to the computer. windows did recognise the Total Control as an USB-Verbundgerät (don't know the english translation) and as an USB-Audiodevice.
But no lights lit at the Total Control. Now, after spendig my whole sunday searching forums, trying nearly everyting, still nothing works.
except one thing: the lights near the mids and the treble are lit... wooohooow... -.-
Total Control is not able to be used in Traktor, not with the Cue-Demo... I could cry... or should I say puke? :O

I even tried the link skyfxl posted with the regedit - no effect at all

Can anybody tell me what I could do to make it work?

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 2:28 am
HaHa... the german support told me to update the firmware and sent me the firmware (I allready got on my pc)...
hmm ok... what if the Total Control still doesn't work!? -.-

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 8:50 am
nsviper wrote :
Well actually my players HAVE Midi..they have MIDI in/out. And what about the sound does anyone have any ideas about it?

Yes, they have MIDI ports (On some models), but they are NOT MIDI controllers. The MIDI in/out on these are for linking two CD players together or controlling the CD player using a MIDI keyboard.

The Axis 9's cannot SEND MIDI to VDJ, which is required to be able to control the software directly without timecode, trigger effects, etc.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 1:21 pm
TBathePRO InfinityMember since 2007
chfocus wrote :

The microphone still does not work with 6.0.7. Ever since I updated to the new version my NS7 has a delayed start when pressing play. It almost fades into the song instead of starting off at the actual BPM. My scratching functionality is also lost now. At the end of my gig Friday I launched Itch and the scratching was working fine. Not sure what changed in the new version that made it start acting like this. Hoping its a minor setting I can change and not an actual glitch with 6.0.7.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 3:23 pm
TBathe wrote :
chfocus wrote :

The microphone still does not work with 6.0.7. Ever since I updated to the new version my NS7 has a delayed start when pressing play. It almost fades into the song instead of starting off at the actual BPM. My scratching functionality is also lost now. At the end of my gig Friday I launched Itch and the scratching was working fine. Not sure what changed in the new version that made it start acting like this. Hoping its a minor setting I can change and not an actual glitch with 6.0.7.

I HAVE the same problem, i ended up having to revert to 6.0.5 because the elay was really messing me up at the bar saturday night, does anyone have a fix yet, are there any settings to play with i played with all of them but it didnt change a thing, someone please help.

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 11:36 pm
Hi i have a numark omni control, and have recently purchased some american audio hp700 headphones. The thing is i cannot get them to preview in one side of the omni whilst the other side is playing out loud.
I have looked at the settings and have looked at the diffrent inputs, outputs etc none of them let me listen to the music in one side on my headphones, and play the other side on my speakers.

Any advice?

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 1:57 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
janjuhar wrote :
Hi i have a numark omni control, and have recently purchased some american audio hp700 headphones. The thing is i cannot get them to preview in one side of the omni whilst the other side is playing out loud.
I have looked at the settings and have looked at the diffrent inputs, outputs etc none of them let me listen to the music in one side on my headphones, and play the other side on my speakers.

Any advice?

Hello,

You need to do this:

Inputs : none
Outputs : headphones
Card : Asio
Driver : Numark USB
Channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones.

Posted Thu 18 Mar 10 @ 3:01 pm
Hi, this is my first post so fingers crossed somebody can help ! I am having a connection problem with my total control hardware. i am using vdj 6 pro and when i plug in the total control, the computer recognises the device (it makes the noise and is visible in device manager as a composite device) but when i start vdj6 up, the total control doesent light up ? If i go into mapper and choose rescan for new device, still nothing until i do the following......
UNPLUG THE USB CONNECTION FROM BACK OF TOTAL CONTROL, WAIT 5 SECS, PLUG IT BACK IN, THEN GOTO MAPPERS- RESCAN FOR NEW DEVICES, AND IT FINDS IT AND LIGHTS UP EVERY TIME ! I hope someone can help please.............

system spec

SONY VAIO PCG-7183M
DUAL CORE 2.1 GHZ
4GB DDR2
320 HD
WIN 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT

USED SOLELY FOR DISCO'S, BRAND NEW 2 MONTHS AGO, ONLY SOFTWARE INSTALLED FROM NEW IS VDJ6, DJIO DRIVERS, FIREFOX, NOTON 360 (BOTH THE NOTON AND THE INTERNET ARE DISABLED DURING A SHOW)

REGARDS J

Posted Fri 19 Mar 10 @ 4:27 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
acw_dj wrote :

About the problem with Numark Total Control and Windows 7 64 bits... Numark don't tell in it's web site that Total Control Works on Windows 7 and 64 bits... but if you already got it working as it is, I can only advice you to upgrade your firmware:

http://www.numark.com/totalcontrolfirmware

Do not upgrade your firmware before speaking to Numark support it is not needed.
The Total Control is class compliant and uses windows drivers.

If some one cant get it connected they are likely to have a IRQ issue or software conflict
We are aware that the installation of a logitech webcam can interfere with midi on 64 bit os.
If you are stuck drop a line to support@numark.com

Cheers,

Posted Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 2:26 pm
I have a Simple Question, and would like a simple answer... Is there a planned fix / update for VV that will allow the Mic to work with the NS7? I am still running 6.0.5 because I heard nothing but horror stories about going to 6.07. I am SOOOO happy with my Mac Book Pro and VV 6.05 on my NS7, if only the Mic/AUX inputs would work it would be perfect as far as I am concerned.

What really bugs me is that Numark released Cue. It was really good, and Serato was the enemy... CUE vs SERATO, and now Numark seems to be in bed with Serato and ITCH whuile still supporting CUE? ALA Tiger Woods and Jessie James..... :)

Come on Numark, you found a GREAT product with CUE / VV, and you made a great product the NS7, now why did you go to ITCH, not even a "real" DJ program, it's a wanna be program. i would expect it to be bundled with the ION Discover DJ'ing hardware!

I really dont understand why you went with ITCH.. It's NOT better, sexier or cooler. It doesnt taste as well, or even put out as well, and it is not the same class of software as VV. If you are gonna jump in bed with Serato, at least make it work with SCRATCH LIVE and give us an upgrade path so we could run VV and Scratch, not itch. I really feel as if ITCH ois the red headed stepchild bastard kid from next door who wants to play with my expensive toys, but cant hang with the big boys!

You go VV team, you guys make a rockin product!

Posted Thu 25 Mar 10 @ 3:10 pm
31%