Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 25

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
babar39000 wrote :
I would like to know when numark ca to decide has to bring out a new windows 7 driver for ns7, I hear " one work above " But SKYFXL a date of release or I have to sell this ns7?

Its out now check the website.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 9:23 am
djrps wrote :
I have a macbook pro os 10.5.8 processor-2.4 Ghz & 4gb memory
I have the total control & virtual vinyl. When I use them both together my program always crashes! Guaranteed!!!!! If I only use the total control it works fine except for the key lock. It transposes the music really bad. I dj on air on radio & have tried to use it like 5 or 6 time changing the settings trying to make it work. But I have had no success. It just keeps crashing & again it only crashes when I use both the total control & virtual vinyl. I use this combo because I dj with music videos. At this point I feel as if I got shafted $750 for the purchase of these products that just do not want to work. If there is any setting or any info you can give me to make this work. I have serato but also purchased this thinking it would be a better & cheaper alternative to purchasing the serato mixer so I can mix my videos. At this point it looks as if I was wrong! Bad investment.

Please help a brother out.

Thank you,

DJ RPS

Which version are you using?

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 9:24 am
KEVWEBNY wrote :
Any info on numark mixdeck mapper for vdj??? I have the mixdeck and i think it is good stuff. Touch sentive jog wheels are great for scratching and cueing. The whole unit just feels right caint explain it.

I understand Virtual DJ currently has a unit and is working on it.

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 9:24 am
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hey skyful is vdj working on the singel ns7 players

DJ AJMM

Posted Wed 17 Feb 10 @ 6:43 pm
DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am having the same problems that some others are having with the Numark iCDX
I am running a toshiba laptop with win7, the latest ver of VDJ 6, I have upgraded the firm ware on both of my iCDX's, urei 1601s mixer, and audio DJ 8 SC. When I depress the iCDX platter one of two things happens. First: the wave form will go crazy and jump all around, or Second: a completely different song will randomly load. It seems to always be the deck on the left. If anyone has any recent info on this let me know.
I am running both iCDX's off of a powered USB hub
Thanks

Posted Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 8:52 pm
DJJAMM wrote :
hey skyful is vdj working on the singel ns7 players

DJ AJMM

I understand they are.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 1:20 pm
djrpsCUE userMember since 2007
skyfxl wrote :
djrps wrote :
I have a macbook pro os 10.5.8 processor-2.4 Ghz & 4gb memory
I have the total control & virtual vinyl. When I use them both together my program always crashes! Guaranteed!!!!! If I only use the total control it works fine except for the key lock. It transposes the music really bad. I dj on air on radio & have tried to use it like 5 or 6 time changing the settings trying to make it work. But I have had no success. It just keeps crashing & again it only crashes when I use both the total control & virtual vinyl. I use this combo because I dj with music videos. At this point I feel as if I got shafted $750 for the purchase of these products that just do not want to work. If there is any setting or any info you can give me to make this work. I have serato but also purchased this thinking it would be a better & cheaper alternative to purchasing the serato mixer so I can mix my videos. At this point it looks as if I was wrong! Bad investment.

Please help a brother out.

Thank you,

DJ RPS

Which version are you using?

I am going to install 6.0.3 unless you say other wise

Posted Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 3:56 am
Hello,

is there any possibility to run the VirtualVinyl Box under Windows 7 64bit?

The card is shown in the Hardware-Manager, but there are no drivers for it.

LG Daniel

Posted Tue 23 Feb 10 @ 10:56 am
When I press my "sync" button at random times i hear static when i push the button; has anyone else encountered this problem, is there a fix? Also is there any way to make the scratching much tighter and responsive like it is when you scratch on itch?

Posted Sun 28 Feb 10 @ 6:41 pm
thauchHome userMember since 2010
Hey everyone. I just bought an NS7 and started my virtualdj trial before I buy to make sure it works.
All the mapping seems to work fine. I do have an issue though.

When a song on Deck A is playing and I load a song on Deck or vice versa, the song on A breaks up a little bit. Only for the first couple seconds when it's loading. I do have the platters set to vinyl (spinning). I tried settting it to CD and it helped a little bit but still hear it sometimes.

Sometimes I hear it randomly when I'm playing too. I get a little static or can hear a little break up. I do use Keylock which I read some people have found it to be that. I hear it sometimes with and without.

I hear it through the Cue, Booth, and Master Out.

In VDJ settings, I have under Performance, the slider on the 2nd notch from the left, Sound Card Latency is Auto, and both safe mode and overclock are unchecked. (As I was typing, I realized I haven't tried to turn the Preset slider down to the 1st notch (fastest) yet. Will try after I post.)

In the ASIO config I have tried a couple settings, 128 samples, 512 samples.

Most of my trial and error has been from reading on this forum.

I have updated the NS7 Firmware to 1.03 I believe it is (came with 64bit drivers.) I also read that 64bit could be an issue. I made a partition on my laptop and put 32bit Windows 7 on to try it but getting an error installing the driver, 0x000006 or something.

I just bought an ASUS G72GX Laptop which I'm using. Specs are good so I don't think it's a speed issue although I see the CPU increase when the songs are loading to about 80%. It sits I would say around 20-25% normally when playing.

Intel P8700 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo
6GB DDR2
GTX 260M

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B2+Duo+Processor+-+Black/9556125.p?id=1218124208054&skuId=9556125&st=g72gx&cp=1&lp=1

I have an opportunity to start working at a local bar that my friend's parents own and would love to have my NS7/VDJ setup. I just have to cure this audio glitch and I will purchase VDJ and have a great setup.

Thank you to these forums for all your help. I have done a lot of searching and reading on here. It's great!

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 5:04 pm
LOKKING AT GETTING THE NEW NDX800, ANY IDEA ON WHEN IT MAY BE MAPPED TO VDJ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought a pair of the NDX800's and they are AWSOME!

I would compare them to the Pioneer 800s but better. Yeah, I know I'm gonna get a lot of lip from those who are in love with Pioneer but think of the Pioneer 800s with MIDI control, USB and flash/thumb drive connections and more effects.

My one and only complaint is the red light around the platter. When the music is playing it's only purpose is decoration which I personally feel it takes away from how great everything else is. It's petty but I had to bring it up.

I am amazed at how good these things are. Read the specs. EVERYTHING works as it should. Even the platter gives you amazing control if you like to scratch.

The only thing I haven't been able to do yet is setup up MIDI control for the platter to be sensitive enough to scratch with. But I think this is a limiition of MIDI itself. MIDI was original setup to be used with buttons and now knobs but not with platters for scratching. If you can help me with this, send me a message.

If anyone has questions for an actual owner/user, just ask.

I still can't believe the price... BTW I bought them during a Presidents Day Sale and got 15% off so I ended up paying $339 each with free shipping!!! UNBELIEAVABLE!

I have owned Denon, Numark, American DJ, and stil use technic 1200s and have used/owned MIDI controllers and I have not been this excited over a piece of equipment in a long time. Can you tell? LOL

NDX800's are the best bang for your buck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Numark NDX800, 2 Technic 1200 MKII, Behringer DJX750, Total Control, Toshiba 4 GB Centrino 300 GB HD, Virtual DJ, Sony Acid Pro 6, (speakers, lights, etc not included)

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 7:49 pm
1 post in 1 thread is enough ... thank you ...

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 8:08 pm
I have been using a C3USB mixer with virtual dj for about a year. I can only get the usb sound card to work in Windows XP or Vista, however I want to use Mac OSX. Under Max OSX only 1 soundcard is recognized, not 2, (mac demo version).

My question is, will the C3USB sound cards work under Mac OSX using VDJ6? I want to know before I spend $200 to upgrade to VDJ PRo.

Thanks

Posted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 12:54 pm
I just got my mideck and I have all the basics coded except the scratch. However, I am running timecode or I can plug in my SCS.3 for scratching. After I create a device file I can work out the fancy stuff. Cstoll a little help here.....

Posted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 10:12 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Quote :
Cstoll a little help here.....

You should research the forums. MixDeck is already under develomemt and will be in the next version release.

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 11:04 am
cstoll wrote :
Quote :
Cstoll a little help here.....

You should research the forums. MixDeck is already under develomemt and will be in the next version release.

sometimes theres no answeres in the forums though
and its great to have the back up of the rep

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 4:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's been posted 3 times by me in three different threads ... anyhow ... :P

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 5:22 pm

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 5:23 pm
cstoll wrote :
It's been posted 3 times by me in three different threads ... anyhow ... :P

I just meant in general :P

Posted Thu 04 Mar 10 @ 6:09 pm
TONYspinningG wrote :
LOKKING AT GETTING THE NEW NDX800, ANY IDEA ON WHEN IT MAY BE MAPPED TO VDJ?

You can map it yourself using VDJ's mapping function. Only thing I do not know about is the platter, if it is tuoch sensitive in VDJ midi envoironment.

Posted Sat 06 Mar 10 @ 5:04 pm
30%