Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djlivstrong wrote :
I recently purchased a pair of Numark tt-200's. One of them however is not rotating smoothly. There seems to be a jerk on it every 1 1/2 rotations and I would like to know if it is a common problem and what steps I can take to fix it. If possible recommend the proper replacement part.

I have not seen this before I would recommend writing to support@numark.com or calling support directly.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 7:31 pm
DJPJH wrote :
Hi

Recently bought a Numark IO to use as an external soundcard with Virtual DJ. Works just fine with VDJ, but I find WM player and spotify don't work with it (the songs just don't play - it doesn't say there is an error, they just stay at 0:00) When I reset my laptop, it seems to work again, but only for a short period of time. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Phil

Which OS are you using?

Posted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 7:33 pm
mjh99ent wrote :
Is There a MIDI map for the new V& or the MixDeck that is available?

This will be made available in the future.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 7:34 pm
djmidzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello i have an asus computer with a quad core processor with plenty of memory..... I run virtual vinyl 6.03 and i cannot find any drivers for my soundcard(numark vv soundcard)....i am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit ... so it should work. can you help me fix this problem

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 2:23 am
Hey durdeesmurdee!

Actually it sounds like a grounding problem. If you are running on a laptio, try to remove the power supply and run off battery for a few minutes. The USB port will power the VV box, so unplug that from AV power as well. If that works, then plug them back in to the same powerstrip and isolate the ground (ground isolator, adapter plug, etc.) and see if that helps. Make sure VV is grounded to the mixer as well via grounding post

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 9:27 am
no im running on a desktop powering via the usb cable,,,,,, ive heard of vv interface driver problems before. but not for a 32bit operating system

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 9:34 am
for al the complainn about the NS7..... OMG, I did 3 gigs last weekend, all with my NS7, My VDJ, my trusty MAc, with Music, Video, and Karaoke without a single problem except no mike!

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 9:35 am
ddibbern wrote :
Hey durdeesmurdee!

Actually it sounds like a grounding problem. If you are running on a laptio, try to remove the power supply and run off battery for a few minutes. The USB port will power the VV box, so unplug that from AV power as well. If that works, then plug them back in to the same powerstrip and isolate the ground (ground isolator, adapter plug, etc.) and see if that helps. Make sure VV is grounded to the mixer as well via grounding post

When you say "Make sure VV is grounded to the mixer as well via grounding post" Do you mean ground the VV box like I would TTs? I am using cd players. I have never had a power supply for my VV. Confirm this.............^ and I would be sure to try it.

Thanx

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:29 am
djmidz wrote :
hello i have an asus computer with a quad core processor with plenty of memory..... I run virtual vinyl 6.03 and i cannot find any drivers for my soundcard(numark vv soundcard)....i am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit ... so it should work. can you help me fix this problem

djmidz, I think that the drivers are on the OEM install disc that came with the system. I had that prob recently. If you download VV or VDJ from here or Numark the drivers are not in the software.This was on XP. Try the disc that came with the package.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 10:36 am
STILL NO LUCK WITH THIS WHOLE PROBLEM...I CANT FIND MY ORIGINAL DISC........DOES THE VV SOUNDCARD WORK WITH WINDOWS 7 32BIT......OTHERWISE XP HERE I COME AGAIN ...PLEASE HELP

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 6:29 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
skyfxl wrote :
This issue is known and was down to a VDJ/CUE bug to my understanding it should be already solved in 5.2.1 x and the new mappings in V6 use a different way to communicate with the unit.

Do you know when they going to solve the problem with vdj to work with the ns7. The 6.0.5 still have the issues.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 8:51 pm
DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
djselvin wrote :
please somebody can help me with this,i have numark virtual vinyl i try auto config & this erros display i call numark they dont help me the say i have to buy some ,i use 2 denon s1200,laptop sony 32 bit vista,mixer denon,i try defierent ways,diferent version & the same,the software put crazy,skip sound,please help me,thanks

Are you using the AC Power cable of the Virtual Vinyl Box??

I'm a Virtual Vinyl User with a Vista 32bit, 6.0.3v and I have 0% of problems. Any "???" PM...

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 9:51 pm
bash71Home userMember since 2006
i've been using virtual dj for a while now with no problems on my home pc running windows xp.
I recently installed windows 7 and re-installed virtual dj,but now when i run vdj it doesn't find/recognize my numark 950 usb mixer?

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 11:24 am
bash71 wrote :
i've been using virtual dj for a while now with no problems on my home pc running windows xp.
I recently installed windows 7 and re-installed virtual dj,but now when i run vdj it doesn't find/recognize my numark 950 usb mixer?

Hello you will need a fully licensed version to use a USB mixer.

Posted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 2:03 pm
mjh99ent wrote :
djlivstrong wrote :
I recently purchased a pair of Numark tt-200's. One of them however is not rotating smoothly. There seems to be a jerk on it every 1 1/2 rotations and I would like to know if it is a common problem and what steps I can take to fix it. If possible recommend the proper replacement part.

My TTX had a similar issue. It was due to the rubber underneath the platter rubbing against the frame of the unit. I took an x-acto knife and cut it down and it's been fine since.

Thanks I'll check that and see.
I emailed technical support and they never sent a reply. I hope this works because I really don't want to have to buy a new motor.

Posted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 6:48 am
mjh99ent wrote :
djlivstrong wrote :

My TTX had a similar issue. It was due to the rubber underneath the platter rubbing against the frame of the unit. I took an x-acto knife and cut it down and it's been fine since.

Ok when you say the rubber underneath the platter rubbing against the frame do you mean the rubber lining around that surrounds the platter is causing friction when it is spinning or do you mean something else?

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 8:38 am
yup, that's exactly what I mean. The rubber lining was rubbing against the metal cover directly underneath it. I cut it back about 5mm and it's been fine ever since.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 1:16 pm
hey
i have a icue dj system ive installed the cd, plugged in the equipment opened up the icon on the computer added the serial number and then get a message saying "protection error %i". could someone please help me with this problem

thanks

Posted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 5:13 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 5:20 pm
ok so question for those usin ns7 n windows 7 working "great"...id like to know i installed in one computer...works ok but i get skips [just like used to on my xp one]...i still install it on mine on all different usb ports n i still get error 0x0006

please advise?

to the numark rep...man this seriously needs a windows 7 driver considerin thats the only os being sold on retail stores, my backup [os xp] finally died last week, and i cant go buy a new one either because its windows 7 n you dont support it yet
any ideas on when this might happen? thanks

Posted Sat 30 Jan 10 @ 3:55 pm
28%