Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
To all the people buying Numark NS7. My brother in love work for microsoft and we spended quality time yesterday checking everything on my computer. He told me that nothing was wrong with the hardware (NS7), but he recommended me to upgrade from window vista to window 7. I was running window vista home premium 64 bit when I purchased my NS7 and I was having a lot of problems. I talk to someone from Numark and also recieved advise from serato peolpe. There is nothing wrong with the hardware NS7. Window vista 64 bit is not good. I also check on youtube and most the people that had latency and drop out problems swicht to window 7. If you wand to learn more go on youtube and search on window 7 with Numark NS7. I just finished my installation of window 7 Ultimate 64 bitand I'm not having any drop out or latency problems up to now. For more information also look for Dj esco on youtube. I had learn a lot from this guy.

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 10:30 pm
I recently purchased a pair of Numark tt-200's. One of them however is not rotating smoothly. There seems to be a jerk on it every 1 1/2 rotations and I would like to know if it is a common problem and what steps I can take to fix it. If possible recommend the proper replacement part.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 6:39 am
Colin1Home userMember since 2010
Hello everyone,
ive been on this site many times for VDJ help. The problem im having although i havent seen anyone else with the same issue yet. I just got Numark's DJ IO, and im trying to figure out how to record in VDJ 6.1 while using my mixer. i currently have my 2 channel mixer hooked up to DJ IO and VDJ recognizes its there, even in the recording settings. Although once I set the recording settings to line in, then select the Numark DJ IO sound card, i click "start recording" and it says soundcard unavailable.

VDJ recognizes that i have DJ IO downloaded, and i even check my comps sound settings and it says the DJ IO is up and running. I basically want to be able to move my cross fader and have it go from channel one and two and for the recording to match what i hear through my out put speakerrs.
I am unable to get around this and am very frustrated. Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 7:33 pm
I'm looking to upgrade to a time coded set up and was wondering if a mixer with USB outputs would work as a or with my computers sound card.
Something like this.....
http://www.midweststereo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Numark-DM-950-USB&click=2

Could I just hook the turntables to the mixer and then the mixer's usb master output to my computer??? Or do I need an external sound card like a Maya44(I don't want to spend $120 on a sound card if this will work for only $99)

Any help would be great!!
Thanks

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 9:41 pm
How do you use the headphones when using TOTAL CONTROL?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 2:29 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
michael_faithless26 wrote :
How do you use the headphones when using TOTAL CONTROL?

You need at list a soundcard that has 2 outputs or 2 soundcards.
DJIO/Audio2/Audio4,etc, are just example to those. If you're using desktop yours might have 2 x 2 stereo output, just check on it.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 6:35 am
You need at least a soundcard that has 2 outputs or 2 soundcards option.
DJIO/Audio2/Audio4,etc, are just example to those. If you're using desktop yours might have 2 x 2 stereo output, just check on it.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 6:36 am
Ok.. lets face it , ITCH sucks! I really really really want the Mic to work with my NS7 and VDJ! and for songd to stop burbing when I load/surch on my Mac. But I do love my NS7! I am running Win XP Pro (stable as ever and no issues! and Mac OS Leppord) Is there a firmware update?

Does anyone else have a problem with the USB port on the NS7? Mine is "loose" and doen not always make connection. I would LOVE a right angle usb cable sothere is no stress on teh connection, seems bad if my $1300 professional NS7 goes bad because of a little USB connection!

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 10:36 am
just go the mixdeck yesterday from guitar ctr can u tell me how to activate the auto start for the cross fader.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 11:38 am
Is support for the new V7 in the works? I'm thinking of using this to replace timecode on my CDX's.....at the very least will a MIDI map be available so I can mae my own mapping file?

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 7:21 pm
I am getting some terrible sound from my virtualvinyl sound card. I here things like high pitched noises and static. What is the problem?

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 8:47 am
If you're using timecode, it could be the timecode signal.
Check if you have connected the pass instead of out, else remove pass connection and use only the out.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 1:16 am
Sup Ranes? I have everything connected correct. I use every in and out of the unit. I actually can set it up blind fold no hands with my teeth! LOL!!!
I hear things like buzz and cuuuuuuuusssssssss. I even here when i type. Things like that. Thanx for the suggestion. Any other thoughts?

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 2:50 am
Is There a MIDI map for the new V& or the MixDeck that is available?

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 4:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
They just were announced this weekend ... can we have some time ??? LOL .... :)

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 5:04 pm
djlivstrong wrote :
I recently purchased a pair of Numark tt-200's. One of them however is not rotating smoothly. There seems to be a jerk on it every 1 1/2 rotations and I would like to know if it is a common problem and what steps I can take to fix it. If possible recommend the proper replacement part.

My TTX had a similar issue. It was due to the rubber underneath the platter rubbing against the frame of the unit. I took an x-acto knife and cut it down and it's been fine since.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 6:06 pm
cstoll wrote :
They just were announced this weekend ... can we have some time ??? LOL .... :)

You know me Cstoll, always eager to jump on the new toys. I was just curious if anyone knew if Numark posted a MIDI map yet. I'm thinking either migrating to the V7 and waiting for the X7 release, or going with the MixDeck and plugging in my vinyl as needed. feel free to send me some demo equipment :P

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 6:10 pm
DJPJHHome userMember since 2010
Hi

Recently bought a Numark IO to use as an external soundcard with Virtual DJ. Works just fine with VDJ, but I find WM player and spotify don't work with it (the songs just don't play - it doesn't say there is an error, they just stay at 0:00) When I reset my laptop, it seems to work again, but only for a short period of time. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil

Posted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 8:19 am
Here we are, I'm fed up of this muck of ns7, I am going to fire this shit to start again with pioneer, one truth disaster I am degouté to have bought numark, my RMX worked 100 times better.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 1:06 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Whats your issue with the mapping? Does itch work?

Posted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 7:24 pm
26%