Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 20

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

I have just bought a NS7 and the NSFX is on its way as well. I have the following questions:

When will Cue/VDJ support the FX module from Numark that comes with the NS7?

When will there be an update from ITCH including the beat matching, I know that in de version for Denon it is already in.

Secondly the implementation of the NS7 is not yet complete (or instance the 2 knobs for the plattern start/stop speed are not workinng). When will there be a patch?

Last issue is the USB driver, this one is very CPU power consuming, If I use my Motu 828mk2 with 8 outputs at the same time on very low latency (252) then the CPU load is only 10%. Your driver is using 60%.

Regards, GWsound

Posted Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 9:41 am
loaded Virtual Vinyl, hook it up like it said. All I hear is the time code sounds. Music or videos don't responed to cd players. I have a Maya44 internal sound card do I need to use it?

Window XP
Daul core
4gig ram mem.
350gb hard drive running OS
(2) 1.5tb hard drives for files
Maya44 sound card

(2) Denon DNS5000 players
4 channel mixer

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 1:52 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A friend of mine is thinking of getting the HDMIX. All his music is on mini discs.
Someone told him he could not rip them, but rather he would have to play
each song and record it as it plays. He has a portable mini dis player.
My thoughts are that any ripper could be used just as in a regular cd.
Can anyone give more insight please?

Posted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 10:28 am
Yes, he will need to record each song as it plays, just as he would for recording a vinyl record.

This is because unlike CD-ROM/DVD, mini disc cannot be connected to a computer and act as disc drive, which would allow direct and fast digital 'ripping' of the data on the disc.

Posted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 12:51 pm
dynratPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have the Numark DJIO and am trying to run Virtual DJ 6 Pro. In the config I select the Numark USB as the sound card. I am running a dual RCA to stereo 1/4" cable into my mixing board. The problem I am getting is that I'm only hearing one side of the sound. Do I not have this configured properly. The setup works fine when using PCDJ, but has this problem set up exactly the same way in Virtual DJ. Need help.

Posted Fri 01 Jan 10 @ 10:11 pm
i have many problems with my ns7,when i load music,the music cut.
The ns7 works very well with itch.

my laptop is a hp dv7,windows 7 64 bits,4go DDR3,core 2 duo T6600.I don't know how to do,i like using vdj but itch works better.
devellopers work on NS7 using?

The sound and response on scratching with ns7 are better.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 1:17 pm
I'd like to know when numark make a real working 64bit driver for ns7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 5:45 am
Today I bought the NUMARK OMNI Control and im trying to get it to run with VDJ 6.0.1 on my MACBOOK Pro.
I've installed all the Drivers that it comes with and i have the mappers to work it and i can get the "Controller" to work fine, Cross fader, pitch ect.... But the problem im having is that i cant get any audio out of the built in soundcard outputs. Every time i select "Numark USB Audio Device" as the Sound card in the config menu all i get is an error message "Error in the Sound Driver of CoreAudio".

What on earth is wrong?!?!? Please help me because i love this controller but if i cant get it to work then its going back to the store. :(

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 12:13 pm
babar39000 wrote :
I'd like to know when numark make a real working 64bit driver for ns7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 64-bit driver is not very good, mine is better with 32-bit.

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 6:54 pm
does it work on windows 7 64 bit???

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 11:25 am
DjeemmHome userMember since 2007
With Stealth Control:

Is it possible to map it in such way that rather than working ridiculously like Traktor it can work just like Total Control on VDJ. I found it so annoying to have like 10 different buttons for searching-fast forwarding etc. and no control for sampler and effects. Thanks..

EDIT: Actually if someone can delete this i better open a thread rather than a post inside Numark thread. Thanks..

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 2:33 pm
In VDJ Pro, you can map it any way you like to suit your own preferences via CONFIG -> Mappers.

Where possible, the default mappings are mapped to match the functions written on the buttons.

For further information about mapping, please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 2:38 pm
DjeemmHome userMember since 2007
Was it done for Stealth Control before though? I don't want to spend hours on something that was already done. Where can I check that? Under download?

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 4:44 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GWsound wrote :
Hi,

I have just bought a NS7 and the NSFX is on its way as well. I have the following questions:

When will there be an update from ITCH including the beat matching, I know that in de version for Denon it is already in.

Secondly the implementation of the NS7 is not yet complete (or instance the 2 knobs for the plattern start/stop speed are not workinng). When will there be a patch?

Last issue is the USB driver, this one is very CPU power consuming, If I use my Motu 828mk2 with 8 outputs at the same time on very low latency (252) then the CPU load is only 10%. Your driver is using 60%.

Regards, GWsound

Hi There,

For the NSFX it would be a case of mapping it to your personal preference.
I suspect a future update would include a template. I understand V2 Itch will offer this functionality.
Virtual DJ does not have this feature so it would need to be added. Itch has a lower CPU tax on the driver as it is able to communicate with it at a lower level. Have you tried adjusting your performance settings in VDJ?

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:16 am
djmistro1 wrote :
loaded Virtual Vinyl, hook it up like it said. All I hear is the time code sounds. Music or videos don't responed to cd players. I have a Maya44 internal sound card do I need to use it?

Window XP
Daul core
4gig ram mem.
350gb hard drive running OS
(2) 1.5tb hard drives for files
Maya44 sound card

(2) Denon DNS5000 players
4 channel mixer

Did you connect to the passthrough inputs? You need to make sure you are connected to the input channels.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:16 am
dynrat wrote :
I have the Numark DJIO and am trying to run Virtual DJ 6 Pro. In the config I select the Numark USB as the sound card. I am running a dual RCA to stereo 1/4" cable into my mixing board. The problem I am getting is that I'm only hearing one side of the sound. Do I not have this configured properly. The setup works fine when using PCDJ, but has this problem set up exactly the same way in Virtual DJ. Need help.

I would recommend making sure you have the latest updates for V6 or the new trial for best performance.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:17 am
babar39000 wrote :

The current 64 bit driver supports Windows Vista and XP 64. We are currently testing Win 7 64 drivers.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:18 am
Casam0nkey wrote :
Today I bought the NUMARK OMNI Control and im trying to get it to run with VDJ 6.0.1 on my MACBOOK Pro.
I've installed all the Drivers that it comes with and i have the mappers to work it and i can get the "Controller" to work fine, Cross fader, pitch ect.... But the problem im having is that i cant get any audio out of the built in soundcard outputs. Every time i select "Numark USB Audio Device" as the Sound card in the config menu all i get is an error message "Error in the Sound Driver of CoreAudio".

What on earth is wrong?!?!? Please help me because i love this controller but if i cant get it to work then its going back to the store. :(

Hi, you need to ensure you are using the latest version of VDJ for best performance.
If you have snow leopard I would recommend updating your omni control drivers at www.numark.com/omnicontrol

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 4:19 am
skyfxl wrote :
GWsound wrote :
Hi,

Regards, GWsound

Hi There,

For the NSFX it would be a case of mapping it to your personal preference.
I suspect a future update would include a template. I understand V2 Itch will offer this functionality.
Virtual DJ does not have this feature so it would need to be added. Itch has a lower CPU tax on the driver as it is able to communicate with it at a lower level. Have you tried adjusting your performance settings in VDJ?

I have the same problem with my NS7,cpu is 10,20% and when NS7 connected,cpu 80%
I have many problems with my windows 7 64 bit NS7 drivers.

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 11:30 am
skyfxl wrote :
babar39000 wrote :

The current 64 bit driver supports Windows Vista and XP 64. We are currently testing Win 7 64 drivers.

Very good for my windows 7 64bit!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue 05 Jan 10 @ 11:31 am
24%