Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 19

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I appologize in advanced for being the biggest noob. I currently hav numark's virtual vinyl and I want to run it with virtual dj and I now hav the latest version which I think it is6.0.3. (correct me if I'm wrong). And all of the configurations I see in these forums hav this auto config option but I do not see this. Can somebody help me straighten this out. Thank u in advanced!

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 1:45 am
My TOTAL CONTROL unit I believe just crapped out.I was doing a wedding last night and all of a sudden ..everything locked up.All the lights on the left side of the TC were out.Music kept playing...I had to Ctrl+alt+Del to get out.I did try unplugging USB devices starting with the
TC and nothing happened.Full reboot (thank god for the Ipod as my backup). My pc had a real hard time trying to comeback to life.Black screen just hanging! Finally unplugged all usb devices..soundcard,Entec usb tongle,ext HD,wireless mouse,and powered USB HUB.

After 3 to 4 reboots eliminating the Total Control all together..my PC finally came back...and worked flawlessly without the Total Control.
Even though I looked like I was reading email all night using the mouse...I pulled it off for the rest of the event. I have found many times that when I go to open Virtual Vinyl..it would hang until I unplugged the TC and then put it back in and then VV would open.
Since the upgrade to 6.0.3 I no longer have the Controler Tabs in the configure window.Whats up with that? I cant get the TC to operate
unless its plugged in prior to opening VV.

Any help here would be appreciated!

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 8:20 am
I got one question.....

HAVE YOU FINALLY WORKED OUT THE KINKS BETWEEN VDJ AND THE NS7? Is it finally supported? FULLY...meaning mp3's and video?

I have the money in my pocket right now to purchase the NS7 but if it will not work with VDJ (SERATO ITCH SUX AND IS VERY LIMITED) I will not shell out that kind of cash for it if it's not totally functional with VDJ.

Serato may be the "Industry standard" for closed minded DJ's but Serato can't touch VDJ with a 10 foot pool. Numark really really needs to get in tuned with the future of DJing which is VDJ!!!!!! Going back to only being able to spin MP3's would make me give up DJing. And I ain't buying that piece of crap expensive Serato mixer just to spin vids when VDJ does it out of the box for 1 tenth the price of a Serato set up.

Work out all the bugs between the NS7 and VDJ and I'll be in DJ heaven for the next 5 to 10 years! I should be retired by then!

So far I have not heard whether or not the NS7 is stable with VDJ 6.04. I know I have a good enough laptop to support both. MacBook less than a year old fully blown out. 4Gig of memory, 500Gig hard drive. Running Leopard and Windows 7 Ultimate. 2.2 processor

I'm using a VCI-100 right now with occassional TT's spinning VDJ vinyl with no issues. I really want that NS7 but it has to function properly with VDJ......

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 4:55 pm
There are three problems now with my NS7. I've only had it for a few days. First, it turns on only when it wants to. If I turn it off, after it has been on, it won't turn on again until who-knows-when. Seconldy, there is static in the sound. I've played w/ the latency settings, set my PCs settings to max performace, have 4GB RAM, and using x64 Vista. I have not been able to diagnose why I'm getting static, but it goes in and out. Only happens when it wants to. And last but not least, and this just started today, it send my CPU usage through the roof. I know it's not ITCH, because it does the same thing with Virtual DJ. When I use a Numark Total Control, everything's fine. But as soon as I'm trying to use the NS7, everything is so laggy. I've shut off my Bluetooth, Norton, and Wi-fi, but to no prevail. Please help! Thanks.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 8:47 pm
I have the new ION iCue 3 and VDJ 5 will allow me to program it via General Midi. (I am still working on Scratch Wheels) but VDJ6 looses communication with the device. Do you support the ION product in this forum.

AMD Dual Core, Win 7-64, 4GB Ram

Posted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 9:09 am
Hi i just started using Vdj and i have version 6 i think but not sure. I want to by a Numark DM950 to mix with, but what i want to know is if i can plug it in to my pc and load two tracks on the decks, and mix with the DM950 and not the mixer on vdj. Also i want to use a mic with vdj and hence the mixer.

thanks for any help you can give me

graham

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 4:58 am
DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
graham navin wrote :
Hi i just started using Vdj and i have version 6 i think but not sure. I want to by a Numark DM950 to mix with, but what i want to know is if i can plug it in to my pc and load two tracks on the decks, and mix with the DM950 and not the mixer on vdj. Also i want to use a mic with vdj and hence the mixer.

thanks for any help you can give me

graham

Well the Numark DM950 is not a USB Mixer, so no. If you want to use a normal mixer with VDJ you will need some type of External Sound Card (Numark Virtual Vinyl, Serato SL1 or SL3, Maya44 USB, ect ect...) for a fully separated Pro outputs or you can use a simple Mini to RCA cable and work on the VDJ Sound Setup, like this:

I hope this information was heplfull...

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 7:22 am
theblahPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just purchased a Numark Omni Control, and it's been a nightmare to try and set up

i finally got somewhere when i got my audio running on the correct channels, now im having trouble running it on VDJ, it seems the loop buttons are not set correctly, clicking loop out sets cue 1 where ever you click it, loop in runs but after 8 bars turns of the loop in and you have to start again, also on deck 2 of the mixer, clicking the on off effects button on the mixer causes a loop, also the jog wheels are very senstive, the littlest nudge makes the track go right out of sync

you can set loops manually with the mouse no problems, the minuite you use the Omni Control it goes haywire, i have tried the pre packaged software of Traktor and it seems to repsond fine, all the functions do what there supposed to do

I'm running Windows 7 Home Prem 64Bit with the 64Bit USB Drivers for the device, i have also tried running it on Windows XP Pro 32Bit and still have the same issue, someone please help :(, as im rarering to get mixing right away!

Cheers

Adam

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 9:47 am
theblah wrote :
Just purchased a Numark Omni Control, and it's been a nightmare to try and set up

i finally got somewhere when i got my audio running on the correct channels, now im having trouble running it on VDJ, it seems the loop buttons are not set correctly, clicking loop out sets cue 1 where ever you click it, loop in runs but after 8 bars turns of the loop in and you have to start again, also on deck 2 of the mixer, clicking the on off effects button on the mixer causes a loop, also the jog wheels are very senstive, the littlest nudge makes the track go right out of sync

you can set loops manually with the mouse no problems, the minuite you use the Omni Control it goes haywire, i have tried the pre packaged software of Traktor and it seems to repsond fine, all the functions do what there supposed to do

I'm running Windows 7 Home Prem 64Bit with the 64Bit USB Drivers for the device, i have also tried running it on Windows XP Pro 32Bit and still have the same issue, someone please help :(, as im rarering to get mixing right away!

Cheers

Adam

I have a friend with the same problem, he resolve it buying a Virtual DJ PRO with the last Update. Also, configuring the Performance and Options Settings. Put all in Fastest(Presets) first, and finally customize Mapper.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 2:00 pm
theblahPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ah ok

yeah after some fiddiling i realised im going to have to remap some of the buttons, not the perfect solution but i guess it will do, i managed to play with the sensitivity on the jog wheels to find the perfect spot :)

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 6:13 pm
I am not an electrician but i know in some cases a voltage regulator is necessary for keeping the same voltage between the pc and those high tech controllers. If the amplifier, speaker and high volume (you know, the usual) cause irregularities in the electricity, you could have slow performance and freezing problems. Making you think is the laptop or the software or the control. Don't ask me why but it happen.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 7:12 pm
wuk_xpHome userMember since 2009
Hi,

I have problems when using mu Numark Stealth Dj control with Virtual DJ 6.
when i play song on one chanell of the control, and try to set up the other song with jog wheel or any knob ( bass, medium, high.. master or any else) i get strange sound in my master output.

can u help me fix that ?
tnx

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 1:20 pm

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 1:47 pm
wuk_xpHome userMember since 2009
Tnx, ill try with VDJ 6.04
i've got 6.01 version

i forget to say that that doesn't happen when i start Vd, but after a few minutes of use..
this safe mode thing seems to be working.
here's the preview of my problem, just in case
http://rapidshare.com/files/319994612/bzzz.mp3.html

tnx

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 3:09 pm
ns7 wont scratch unless u press hard i already adjusted the high low torque is there any thing else i have to do?

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 8:01 pm
beardugo wrote :
ns7 wont scratch unless u press hard i already adjusted the high low torque is there any thing else i have to do?

nevermind i used the allen wrench works perfect thanks

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 10:59 pm
durdeesmurdee wrote :
Still waiting. VV6.0.4

Me too, but remember Virtual Vinyl use CUE, and right now 6.0.3 work perfect with VV. I only hope VV 6.0.4 or VV 7 will came with more skins. Marry Xmas to everyone!!!

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 1:06 am

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 12:37 pm
jpboggis wrote :
It will only come with the default Numark skins.

You can download from a vast library of custom skins by going to the skins download page: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html

Thank you Sir, and I know. But some of those Skin do have some conflicts with the Virtual Vinyl Logo in the corner above left side.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 4:51 pm
Man, I am now behind 2 updates. What is the hold up. God......................... I am being as patient as I can.

Posted Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 9:26 pm
23%