Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 18

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

When will the testing be done on VIRTUALVINYL6.0.4?

Posted Sun 29 Nov 09 @ 5:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
durdeesmurdee wrote :
When will the testing be done on VIRTUALVINYL6.0.4?

Very shortly as this update came out over the weekend the HQ will not have seen it yet.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:25 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DeeJayMaica wrote :
Hi Guys,

Am desperately seeking some help please….I have just got the NUMARK DJ- iO, and am trying to use this with Virtual DJ v5.

I am using this on a Sony Vaio Laptop, 2GB Ram, 1.8Ghz, 160GB Hard drive, Vista Home Edition (64bit version)

I initially put the install disc that came in the box, and naturally got the 32-bit\64-bit conflict error…am not a novice to technology…so after some goggling I downloaded the new 64bit Driver from your main server, and installed this successfully.

Loaded up Virtual DJ, and went into configuration settings, and amended them as instructed to:

Input – None
Output –External Mixer
Sound Card- Asio
Driver 1 – Numark USB Audio
Output Channels-Left Deck: Chan 1&2 / Right deck: Chan 3&4

For some reason, although it recognizes the DJ-io as being connected etc, and the Asio driver is selected, when you exit configuration and go to use the software, the Tracks load up, but you cannot play them, and no sound will come out at all…the play button, cue button, and all other buttons are disabled?!

I know it’s not a software problem directly as I also purchased a copy of Numark Cue, but found the same problem??

Any suggestions please?

I have tried all the different configurations available, with all different combinations, and it will only 'play' music or work when you select ‘simple soundcard’ options, and it loads and plays fine through main laptop speakers.

I have even tried to ‘disable’ cross-fader config as well, but no joy.

Someone please put me out of my misery! :)

Many thanks in advance,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Please register your software on this forum to ensure you have the latest V6 which is needed for best 64 bit performance.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 5:26 am
I managed to solve my problem with NS7. I sold my NS7 for failing to work with VDJ !!!!!

Posted Mon 30 Nov 09 @ 8:46 pm
AGizzleHome userMember since 2009
I can't find help anywhere.. I called tech support and waited for over 20 minutes. I just need a quick answer.

I have Dual (2) Numark ICDX controllers and a Numark DM3001X mixer.

I want to set these up with Virtual DJ. I'm not sure which version of Virtual DJ I have.

Which VDJ do I need? Latest and greatest? I'm a PC guy.

I have connected one icdx to my PC and it works with VDJ but it doesn't do everthing I want it to do. Loop In/Out buttons aren't mapped. Neither is the sync button. I'd also like to map the little shift knob for looping in VDJ to the icdx's.

How do I setup both controllers and my mixer? How do I map them run the program without having to use my mouse?

Do I need to update the controllers? Can I get a link for this?

I also want to use my headphones to hear the PFL track.. How do I do this?

Thanks,
AG.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 10:57 am
If do not know which version of VDJ you are using then register yours here and see which download you get ;-)
Update to the latest Version available to be shure that we don't talk about solved problems and bugs.

Greetings, Heiko

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 11:05 am
I'm at work.. I'll update to the latest tonight when I get home.. Just give me some answers please so I can get a jump start on getting this all setup tonight.

1st is it possible to map these things?

2nd can I use headphones to cue?

3rd can I connect my mixer? What do I need to do this?

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 11:57 am
I'm pretty sure I have VDJ Pro v. 5

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 12:00 pm
The problem is that according to your VDJ version some things are working, some not.

For example - if you use the Home edition - your controllers will not work. The Home edition does not support any controllers.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 12:01 pm
Ok, so basically with the latest version of VDJ, my icdx's will controll EVERY button on the VDJ screen?

How do I set up both icdx controllers and a mixer and configure them into VDJ? I want to use my mixers crossfader and line levels to control the internal mixer in VDJ too.

Thanks.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 12:27 pm
For programming your Mapping of the controller you must register your version and download the newest one. With version 5.x i think this will not work.

Greets, Heiko

NOTE: If you are using an illegal version of the software then that will be why you are experiencing problems. If this is the case, please support the software and its development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - Also, check your computer for viruses and spyware which often accompany illegal software.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 12:56 pm
Why do you guys always assume that? I don't have the internet at my house, which is where I use VDJ. I am at work now. I can't upload/download anything.. I just want my VDJ to work with my icdx controllers! If not, I'll go buy serato. This is so frusterating man.

Here's a simple yes or no question. Is it possible to plug my icdx's into my computer and run VDJ?

If so, how?

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 1:19 pm
Yes - install version 6.0.4 on your computer. Your version is very old - V5 was released 19 August 2007 !!!

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 1:25 pm
Thanks.. I haven't messed with Virtual DJ for awhile.. It does have the icdx as an option in my version though? Maybe I have v 6??

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 1:46 pm
AGizzle wrote :
Here's a simple yes or no question. Is it possible to plug my icdx's into my computer and run VDJ?

If so, how?

The Numark ICDX controllers are fully supported in the latest version of VirtualDJ.
All that is required is the you follow the manufacture's directions for putting the units into PC Controller mode (MIDI mode) prior to opening VirtualDJ.

AGizzle wrote :
Ok, so basically with the latest version of VDJ, my icdx's will controll EVERY button on the VDJ screen?

Thanks.

No, you will be able to control the various functionality that is assigned to the controller's buttons and elements. Not every button on the controller matches the features available in VirtualDJ.

AGizzle wrote :
How do I set up both icdx controllers and a mixer and configure them into VDJ? I want to use my mixers crossfader and line levels to control the internal mixer in VDJ too.

No, not if you mixer is not a MIDI capable mixer. Which there are very few of these on the market.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 1:49 pm

If so, how?

The Numark ICDX controllers are fully supported in the latest version of VirtualDJ.
All that is required is the you follow the manufacture's directions for putting the units into PC Controller mode (MIDI mode) prior to opening VirtualDJ.

Thanks.

No, you will be able to control the various functionality that is assigned to the controller's buttons and elements. Not every button on the controller matches the features available in VirtualDJ.

No, not if you mixer is not a MIDI capable mixer. Which there are very few of these on the market.

Will loop In/out work?

I've seen others running dual ICDX's and a Mixer with VDJ... How do I connect my Numark mixer?

I don't think the ICDX's have a "MIDI MODE." They have USB-HID. Is that what you're talking about?

I guess I'm just such a noob that I'm having a hard time with this stuff.

Here is exactly what I want to do (First I will install the latest version of Virtua DJ on my PC). Please let me know if I'm heading in the right direction. Keep in mind that I will be doing gigs eventually, for now I'm practicing being a digital dj....

Setup:

1. Connect my icdx's the the PC with USB cables.
2. Connect my mixer to my PC and configure VDJ so that I can use my mixer to fade, etc. I have an integrated soundcard. Do I need an upgrade?
3. Connect my headphones and Mic to the mixer.
4. Connect my speakers and amp up to the mixer.

In the Mix:

1. Load a song on the left deck. Slide the crossfader over to the left on my mixer. Press play on the left icdx.
2. Load another song on the right deck. Cue a good spot in the song through my headphones. Loop a section. Match the beats (sync).
3. As song 1 on the left deck is nearing the end, mix in the song on the right deck by using the faders on my mixer to controll the software.

Rinse and repeat for 3-4 hours...

That's all I want to do.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 2:19 pm
Hello, Is it possible to setup virtual dj 6.0 with an numark omni control acting as the mixer and 2 turntables. I have the virtual vinyl audio interface box. i like that i can take the omni to small functions, but would really like to use the turntables with the omni control. Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 01 Dec 09 @ 9:40 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ALVARODD wrote :
Hello, Is it possible to setup virtual dj 6.0 with an numark omni control acting as the mixer and 2 turntables. I have the virtual vinyl audio interface box. i like that i can take the omni to small functions, but would really like to use the turntables with the omni control. Thanks in advance

Sure you can.
Use your Omni as a midi controller and your VV box will be your soundcard for you timecode set-up and outputs.
I set the output to headphone on the sound option so that i will only have to control the software internal mixer x-fader thru the controller (in your case omni) and not on the external mixer.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 6:50 am
djranes wrote :
ALVARODD wrote :

Sure you can.
Use your Omni as a midi controller and your VV box will be your soundcard for you timecode set-up and outputs.
I set the output to headphone on the sound option so that i will only have to control the software internal mixer x-fader thru the controller (in your case omni) and not on the external mixer.

Thanks. I guess i will lose the pass through option on the audi interface box to have the turntables as a stand alone option. Both USB (omni and interface box) will plug into laptop, correct? if you have a dagram somewhere for reference that would be great. Again I have a laptop, omni controlloer, virtual vinyl with numark audio interface and 2 Technic 1200's. IF necessary a standalone mixer. Appreciate the feedback and assistance.

Posted Wed 02 Dec 09 @ 11:41 am
Still waiting. VV6.0.4

Posted Thu 03 Dec 09 @ 12:15 am
22%