Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pgtcobra wrote :
Hi!

Anyone have try a DMC2 COntroller with Windows 7 ??

because , don't work for me...

up

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 8:49 pm
DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
Thanks Virtual DJ Team, the new 6.0.3 version work perfect. No problems with the \"Preview Featuring\" so far.
I saw in another website that Numark is going to launch a new Virtual Vinyl Hardware with Windows 64bit support. IS TRUE?

Posted Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 10:53 am
hey skyfxl

i tried reinstalling on the windows 7 laptop that i got, but i still get the x.006 error thing, i tried different cables different usb ports
when its installin you can see it but then on the desktop [where the clock is], it appears "installin new usb" and then it says that it fails and thats where the installer tells me about that error...i still cant install ns7 drivers on it

on the xp machine i had more hands on time...and i still get skips..and i mean really noticeable skips...still very inconsistent
one thing i noticed is that when this happens, the light that tells u that the usb is plugged in, goes off for that second, and then comes back on, i tried switchin usb cables and still...any suggestions?

Posted Sun 15 Nov 09 @ 5:25 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lgoddard wrote :
so i have downloaded the V6 trial version and the stealth control is still has not worked. when it started up it gave me an error with asio driver. I am not sure if i have to configure anything with in the V6 to get it working can i get some help with what exactly i need to do ????

Asio error means that your sound card is experiencing an issue which card do you own?

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 7:13 am
DJVORA wrote :
Thanks Virtual DJ Team, the new 6.0.3 version work perfect. No problems with the \"Preview Featuring\" so far.
I saw in another website that Numark is going to launch a new Virtual Vinyl Hardware with Windows 64bit support. IS TRUE?

The current version of the hardware will work on 64 bit. The photo you have there was one of the old tooling samples before the current hardware.

The issue can be if some one connects the box before installing the software the driver install can be problematic.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 7:15 am
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
hey skyfxl

i tried reinstalling on the windows 7 laptop that i got, but i still get the x.006 error thing, i tried different cables different usb ports
when its installin you can see it but then on the desktop [where the clock is], it appears "installin new usb" and then it says that it fails and thats where the installer tells me about that error...i still cant install ns7 drivers on it

A new driver is currently being tested for this.

Quote :

on the xp machine i had more hands on time...and i still get skips..and i mean really noticeable skips...still very inconsistent
one thing i noticed is that when this happens, the light that tells u that the usb is plugged in, goes off for that second, and then comes back on, i tried switchin usb cables and still...any suggestions?

General performance tips:

* Switch off Bluetooth.
* Switch off wireless network and unplug any wired network connections.
* Switch off screen saver and set sleep mode to 'never'.
* Make sure your hard drive doesn't have a sleep mode selected.
* Ensure you have ample room left on your hard drive (this is approximately a minimum of 10% of your hard drive capacity - both internal and external).
* Close down any other software, including antivirus software or the like.
* Calibrate your USB buffer setting. Start with the USB buffer slider at the hard right position, and slowly move it as far to the left as you can before you notice any audio interruptions or loss of performance. Ideally you will want the lowest buffer setting possible.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 7:17 am

Posted Tue 17 Nov 09 @ 12:41 pm
Hi, can you help me find the drivers for virtualvinyl interface for win vista 32-bit?
Thank you

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 3:31 pm
neokindredsp wrote :
Hi, can you help me find the drivers for virtualvinyl interface for win vista 32-bit?
Thank you

Install Numark Cue Virtual Vinyl or Virtual DJ, and then plug the USB cable from the interface. The software is the Driver.

Posted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 4:59 pm

Posted Thu 19 Nov 09 @ 7:13 pm
DJVORA wrote :
neokindredsp wrote :
Thank you

Install Numark Cue Virtual Vinyl or Virtual DJ, and then plug the USB cable from the interface. The software is the Driver.

Plus the VV System came with a CD which have a iobox_drivers folder. But I don't know if I'm allow to share this...

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 2:30 am
skyfxl wrote :
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
hey skyfxl

A new driver is currently being tested for this.

Quote :

General performance tips:

* Switch off Bluetooth.
* Switch off wireless network and unplug any wired network connections.
* Switch off screen saver and set sleep mode to 'never'.
* Make sure your hard drive doesn't have a sleep mode selected.
* Ensure you have ample room left on your hard drive (this is approximately a minimum of 10% of your hard drive capacity - both internal and external).
* Close down any other software, including antivirus software or the like.
* Calibrate your USB buffer setting. Start with the USB buffer slider at the hard right position, and slowly move it as far to the left as you can before you notice any audio interruptions or loss of performance. Ideally you will want the lowest buffer setting possible.

Blue tooth n wireless and all that is off. I got no other software than vdj running.
How do I calibrate my USB buffer setting?

n about the windows 7 driver i guess that would be it ill wait! :)

Posted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 7:33 pm
skyflx, could responds something please?? I'm selling my almost NS7 it DOES NOT WORK!

O my Numark Total Control and DJIO works perfectly, but the NS7 does not work!

Clearly there is a communication error between VirtualDJ NS7 and that needs to be set.

Please help me

Posted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 3:36 pm
When turning hardware like Bluetooth and Wifi Onand Off, making sure you are disabling it via device manager and not just flipping the soft switch in your software. That does not stop (in some cases) the 'ping' from processor to device. Which is why you should only do it in device manager.

Just as a suggestion to Numark and Atomix, perhaps start an NS7 Sticky with tips, tricks, and common issues/fixes and what are the outstanding (if any) issues with the device working with VDJ. I see many posts in the threads I monitor to see if I can help ppl and the NS7 appears to pop up alot... As helpful as the search function can be sometimes, but if a term like the Ns7 is found alot, you will only see the first 10 or so threads. It then says there are too many to show. Having a sticky might help users get to the root cause faster, as well as a place to check back often for updates.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 5:38 pm
but I did not installed the drivers for the Bluetooth or WiFi and they are not detected by the notebook. My laptop has a button on / off Bluetooth

Posted Mon 23 Nov 09 @ 7:29 pm
djchad72 wrote :
When turning hardware like Bluetooth and Wifi Onand Off, making sure you are disabling it via device manager and not just flipping the soft switch in your software. That does not stop (in some cases) the 'ping' from processor to device. Which is why you should only do it in device manager.

Just as a suggestion to Numark and Atomix, perhaps start an NS7 Sticky with tips, tricks, and common issues/fixes and what are the outstanding (if any) issues with the device working with VDJ. I see many posts in the threads I monitor to see if I can help ppl and the NS7 appears to pop up alot... As helpful as the search function can be sometimes, but if a term like the Ns7 is found alot, you will only see the first 10 or so threads. It then says there are too many to show. Having a sticky might help users get to the root cause faster, as well as a place to check back often for updates.

mine are disabled like i said everythin is barebones, but i do feel like i still have too many processes...i still get skips i dont think i can run with ns7 one full night at all, n its been like 2 weeks since i got it. which is really not cool as the bar is starting to get frustrated and thinkin the purchase was not worth it...and i mean if this happens on regular use with mp3 n such i dont even want to try with video...i just really want to get it to work in great conditions..

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 3:30 pm
i have numark virtual vinyl,my laptop found the hardware,i insert the software installation,a mesage say windows could not find driver software for you device,if you know the manufacturer of you device,you can visit the website & check the support,please sombody can help me thanks, i buy this today,thanks

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 6:02 pm
For those of you having sound problems, have you visited this thread?
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/105257/PC_Version_Technical_Support/_DPC_Latency_Checker_(__2009_THESYCON)_Helped_Me_Fix_My_Audio_Problems___.html

And ensure whether you are a WIndows or a Mac User you follow the enhancement in this Numark Tips article:
http://www.numark.com/dec08tips

Use the DPC Latency Checker until you have made enough adjustments to your laptop until there are no red spikes in a 4 hr (minimum) span of time. I had an entry level HP, and I had to disable the Microsoft Battery meter in Device Manager. Apparently the driver for that hardware kept "pinging" that device and causing latency spikes on my CPU. I had disabled EVERYTHING I could think of, and then found a post where someone said their battery was at the room of the evil. This was true for me running Vista and Windows 7. So the moral of this advise story is that although there are some core hardware items that pertain to everyone, not all laptops are created equally. So it could be more than just Bluetooth and Wifi. Also, uninstalling the drivers and not installing the hardware does not mean the CPU does not allocate resources to keep trying to use/figure out that hardware. So if you are in device manager and see yellow triangle signs with a ! in the middle, you need to resolve all those issues FIRST.

Next, to ensure your laptop is ready for prime time, I would line up an automix set (like 5 - 8 hours), hit play, and then launch DPC Latency Checker. Do it before you go to bed one night with the volume turned down. When you wake up, look and see if you had any red spikes. You will know becuse there will be a status message in DPC latency checker that will tell you if your laptop is ready for live audio or not.

I would run this test a few ways, 1) run it with only your laptop sound card, nothing else configured/connected, 2) once you are solid with just your laptop,l addin your sound card/controllers all at once and then strip away 1 by one if you narrow down the issue(s.) 3) borrow other DJ hardware from a friend. Test #1 will tell you if your laptop on its own is solid. Test #2 will tell you if it is your hardware compatibility or configuration. Test #3 would be if you have a DJ buddy that can spare ther sound card and controller(install the appropriate drivers), and run the automix/DPC Latency checker test with that. If they have the same hardware, still do the test. You never know if you have a bad USB cable or new hardware that might have been damaged in shipping. If they have other hardware, make sure it is compatible with VDJ, but going to Products, Hardware on this site. I know the NS7 is rock star equipment, and the Numark site says it works great with VDJ/Cue. Until I see it on the list of supported hardware on this site, I am going to believe it is not compatible. I honestly just see too many people having issues, and no posts leading to a solution. (Again, my suggestion to Atomix and Numark is to add a sticky if they have common FAQ and INstructions to make it work. Post a YouTube video if as all possible?)

Another suggestion, try different USB ports. A DJ friend of mine was trying to use a SOny Vaio and Numark C3 mixer (2 USB sound card mixer.) VDJ could not map the two USB sound cards in the mixer properly unless he connected everything into specific USB ports! Very odd, but probably means the laptop's internal USB hub was setup strangely.

Last resort would be to backup your files and re-image your laptop to its original OS, run all the updates, reinstall just the VDJ, the drivers, and hardware and test. If it works, then I would be VERY careful as to what other software/usage you have with your laptop. Another possible solution would be to try another laptop (a friends or what not) and see if you can make it work there.

Sorry, i know these are all generalized suggestions, and I appologize if I did not customize my message to to 3 or 4 people posting most recenly with issues. I just wanted to throw a few ideas to help you narrow down the root cause, and help everyone understand that the silver bullet for DJ XYZ may not be the silver bullet for DJ ABC. So you do have to have some patience and technical expertise, especially if you are attempting to use hardware that is NOT listed on the VDJ Hardare page. In that scenario, you just never know what you will get. It think someone else also mentioned wanting to mix video but dont want to try until they get the audio portion working. Understand that may be a whole other can of worms, as the video part is going to go through your laptop or desktop's video card. Many of the newer video cards (even the ones that are "onboard" intel cards) will handle, but in some cases (again depending on how well your laptop handles Audio and Latency) you are going to be underpowered. So best if you are going to use video to go with a higher end laptop to ensure stability and seemless use.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 7:20 pm
Hi ,

Following is my problem

I currently own a numark stealth control , and I would like to use 2 turntables using timecoded vinyls for scratching and connect them to use with virtual DJ. I understand for this I would need an external sound card. Is there any recommended sound card? and also I understand from tutorials when making connections turntables are connected to the external sound card then the sound card RCAs connect to the mixer. But in my case (Stealth control) there is no place to connect the RCA since it doesnt have a builtin sound card. So how should I go about connecting the stealth control to use with time coded vinyls. Please Help!!!

I

Posted Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 12:29 am
Hi Guys,

Am desperately seeking some help please….I have just got the NUMARK DJ- iO, and am trying to use this with Virtual DJ v5.

I am using this on a Sony Vaio Laptop, 2GB Ram, 1.8Ghz, 160GB Hard drive, Vista Home Edition (64bit version)

I initially put the install disc that came in the box, and naturally got the 32-bit\64-bit conflict error…am not a novice to technology…so after some goggling I downloaded the new 64bit Driver from your main server, and installed this successfully.

Loaded up Virtual DJ, and went into configuration settings, and amended them as instructed to:

Input – None
Output –External Mixer
Sound Card- Asio
Driver 1 – Numark USB Audio
Output Channels-Left Deck: Chan 1&2 / Right deck: Chan 3&4

For some reason, although it recognizes the DJ-io as being connected etc, and the Asio driver is selected, when you exit configuration and go to use the software, the Tracks load up, but you cannot play them, and no sound will come out at all…the play button, cue button, and all other buttons are disabled?!

I know it’s not a software problem directly as I also purchased a copy of Numark Cue, but found the same problem??

Any suggestions please?

I have tried all the different configurations available, with all different combinations, and it will only 'play' music or work when you select ‘simple soundcard’ options, and it loads and plays fine through main laptop speakers.

I have even tried to ‘disable’ cross-fader config as well, but no joy.

Someone please put me out of my misery! :)

Many thanks in advance,

Tim

Posted Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 5:02 am
20%