Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
It doesn't matter if I connect the AC power cable to the Numark VV Interface, the 3 channel Preview song make the live song jump a lil'bit, and get awful when I try to forward the preview song. I still use the third channel preview but i try to avoid the long song or fast forward it.
Maybe is the Laptop I don't know. I have a Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Dual-Core Mobile 2.0GHz, 3gb Ram, 256 Video Memory, Numark CUE 6.0.2. Numark recommend at less NVIDIA GeForce 9400M my Tochiba don't have it. All Mac have it, I will like to know some one with a Mac with the same Virtual Vinyl System and know if have the same problem.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 1:29 pm
That is a known bug of the preview.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 4:55 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
namii wrote :
Hi!

I have pair of Technics SL - 1210mk2 turntables and Pioneer DJM-400 mixer and i am using Ortofon Concorde Pro S cartridges. Newest version of Virtual Vinyl 6.0.2 on my laptop.
I bought Numark Virtual Vinyl and have double checked cables right. Problem i have is that at timecode signal setup my quality is 0%. As you can see at the picture below while running timecode vinyls:

If i change for example to serato vinyl, it gets like 3% quality and 100% if im using this 1000hz or 2000hz (only relative mode) thing. Even i try using this and put music on the music sounds awful. And should i put ground wires from turntables to numark soundcard box or on pioneer mixer? now they are on pioneer and i dont know that would this even make a difference.

I am running Acer Laptop with 1,9ghz and i have 2gb ram. Windows Vista 32-bit version.

I am grateful for any help! - Sorry for posting this if there is answer to this already!! (Couldnt find any!)

Hi,

Please can you try 6.0.3.

Its very important that you do not connect the box until the Virtual Vinyl software is installed or the drivers may not be installed correctly.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 3:48 am
AlmostASound wrote :
Hi!
I'm using my Numark Omni Control with Virtual DJ Pro 5. But, since I got my laptop running Windows 7, the jog wheels, if spun backwards really hard, like when you do big backspins, make the track go firstly forward for let's say half a second, and only then go backwards.
It's only when I backspin quite rapidly, but it didn't happen on Vista and XP, so I'm assuming it's a driver issue, will a new driver for Windows 7 be released?

Hi,

Native support for this controller is included on V6.

Please update or try the demo.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 3:49 am
DJVORA wrote :
It doesn't matter if I connect the AC power cable to the Numark VV Interface, the 3 channel Preview song make the live song jump a lil'bit, and get awful when I try to forward the preview song. I still use the third channel preview but i try to avoid the long song or fast forward it.
Maybe is the Laptop I don't know. I have a Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit, Dual-Core Mobile 2.0GHz, 3gb Ram, 256 Video Memory, Numark CUE 6.0.2. Numark recommend at less NVIDIA GeForce 9400M my Tochiba don't have it. All Mac have it, I will like to know some one with a Mac with the same Virtual Vinyl System and know if have the same problem.

Hi,

You do not need to use the power adapter also. It is for computers which do not supply usb power (older models).

The box's passthroughs do not need power to operate like the SL1.

The power consumption from the computer is negligible.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 3:50 am
nitebeatdisco wrote :
Ive Just got a Numark PPD9000 to go with my DMC2...... a graet match for mobile work.
I Love the PPD9000 i think its a great mixer ( after fixing loose internal connectors) but I have a Problem.
To make use of this mixers Excellent specs I want to use the Digital SPDIF input connectors but need suitable soundcards.
I can make use of the realteak onboard spdif out, for 1 channel.
I have 2 C-Media CMI 8738 soundcards but are having severe problems Getting them both to work with VDJ.
One of these cards together with the onboard soundcard can be configured to work but after a while the
sound becomes distorted and crackly it appears not to be the mixer but the C-Media Card.
These C-Media cards are pretty cheap around $40US.

Could You suggest a Quality sound card with Dual SPDIF Out configurable for external mixer and VDJ,
OR 2 Quality sound Cards with single SPDIF outputs that can be configured to work with VDJ.

PCI preferred but USB ok.

Also I have been advised that there are USB to SPDIF converters available.
Can two of these be configured to work with the ppd9000 in virtual DJ.

Hi,

Im not aware of any cards with Dual SPDIF.

Usualy cards have one, ie Alesis Io/26 and are typically for music production.

What happens when you try to configure the internal cards?

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 3:55 am
DJBaystie wrote :
Alright. I have been DJ'in for some time now. I currently run with the Traktor Scracth Pro software on an HP laptop and American Audio CD Decks and American Audio 4 channel Digital Mixer (not MIDI or USB capable). I am in-house DJ for a popular club near where I live.

I have been researching a bit on starting to do some VJ'in. I know the Serato and Rane pretty much have the video setup down to a science with running the normal Serato software with the video plug-in and the TTM-57 mixer which decreases the amount of hardware you need, but DOES not decrease the expense with the mixer coming at almost $1600 and the software if necessary to be purchased.

I do know that Numark and Virtual Vinyl have perfected there own methods of Video Mixing. But what I am trying to do is have as little hardware and extra equipment as possible but still have full function of timecode as well as crossfading audio and video simultaneously while keeping my 4 channel mixer because it is necessary.cI have a dedicated computer for the country music nights (2 inputs for my mixing of hip/hop and other music, while the 3rd input is for the dedicated computer for country, and the 4th input on AUX from the dedicated computer to listen to music tracks before sent to input 3 to be played). Keeping in mind that I already have Traktor's Audio 8 DJ interface and timecodes in my cd decks how can incorporate Numark/Virtual Vinyl/Cue along with my Traktor to make this work. I have seen videos on YouTube where DJ's are using the Audio 8 DJ interface as the soundcard for Numark/VirtualVinyl software. BUT if necessary I will consider switching to running Numark/VirtualVinyl software and hardware all together if it makes things easier, but id rather not have multiple interfaces and software lying around not being used.

Long story short, how can I make this work and get the best functionality out of it? Like I said I want complete control over video/audio simultaneously while crossfading while still using timecodes. Whether it be a MINI/USB controller for controlling crossfading with the software thats fine. But what would be the best setup to run using Numark/VirtualVinyl?

Hi,

If you have an Audio 8 you might as well use that as your soundcard with Virtual DJ or the Cue software.

If you want to control the Video functions as well as the audio you would need to use a MIDI mixer.

The Rane mixer is locked to Serato Only.

You can see some ideas for midi mixers here http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 3:57 am
DJ-RU wrote :
Ok so i just upgraded to a new laptop with windows 7 64 bit, im having trouble getting the virtual vinyl sound card to install. It keeeps telling me a message that it cant find any driver for the box. Is this cause of windows 7?

Hi, you may want to reinstall the software.

You need to install the software before connecting the box or windows will not see it.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 4:00 am
Hi,

Im not aware of any cards with Dual SPDIF.

Usualy cards have one, ie Alesis Io/26 and are typically for music production.

What happens when you try to configure the internal cards?

Using rhe 2 C media cards it sometimes crashes whole computer forcing a restart when trying to play music loaded into VDJ.
Ive updated drivers and played around with slots.
I can get analogue out of two cards but only one card works for spdif.
I can get my c-media card to work with my internal realteak card for spdif but the cmedia card develops severe crackling after 15min or so.
To my surprise this seems to be in the anolgue chan aswell, thru experiment and substitution it appears not to be in the mixer but the c-media card itself.

Maybe able to get a couple of cheap EKS XP10s which seem to have good specs although not digital out if I use these as soundcards,
can I still use my DMC2 to control the software, a littlr like using 2 mouses or 2 keyboards connected to the same computer.
Otherwise a couple of delta 44s

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 4:35 am
namiiCUE userMember since 2009
skyfxl wrote :
namii wrote :
Hi!

I have pair of Technics SL - 1210mk2 turntables and Pioneer DJM-400 mixer and i am using Ortofon Concorde Pro S cartridges. Newest version of Virtual Vinyl 6.0.2 on my laptop.
I bought Numark Virtual Vinyl and have double checked cables right. Problem i have is that at timecode signal setup my quality is 0%. As you can see at the picture below while running timecode vinyls:

If i change for example to serato vinyl, it gets like 3% quality and 100% if im using this 1000hz or 2000hz (only relative mode) thing. Even i try using this and put music on the music sounds awful. And should i put ground wires from turntables to numark soundcard box or on pioneer mixer? now they are on pioneer and i dont know that would this even make a difference.

I am running Acer Laptop with 1,9ghz and i have 2gb ram. Windows Vista 32-bit version.

I am grateful for any help! - Sorry for posting this if there is answer to this already!! (Couldnt find any!)

Hi,

Its very important that you do not connect the box until the Virtual Vinyl software is installed or the drivers may not be installed correctly.

Thanks!! Now it works with Virtual Vinyl v4 vinyl mode BUT NEXT PROBLEM is that the signal keeps jumping from 0% to 100% - music plays flawless but voice is metallic. This must be just because it keeps jumping from 0 to 100?? - What to try next?? - Why can´t i run with this virtual vinyl v5 mode??

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 12:45 pm
Hey guys
Just got the ns7 and got my computers wiped clean, so they are running on nothing but windows and the drivers needed for the laptops to run and i have 2 issues...

on one i got xp works perfect and smoothly except that i get the ocational jump in a song sometimes while loading a track and stuff...now i was runnin it for 6 hours, sometimes it would b very rare...n then sometimes it would be consistent [ the jump], i got nothing else running more than vdj. i had to restart a couple times
also when i start vdj, it recognizes the soundcard but not the controller....if that makes sense when i click on config and i tell it to search again for controllers...the program shuts itself down so i open it again and then it recognizes it

second problem...i was installing on windows 7, i could not get past the installation of the drivers for the ns7 i get to a notification saying error x.0006 and i does not go through, i uninstalled, n reinstalled n again the same thing...is this windows 7s fault?....

thank u for reading guys

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 8:17 pm
DJVORACUE userMember since 2009
Thanks Skyfxll. I haven't try the new .3 version. Let see if the "Preview Bug" is gone for good.

Posted Wed 11 Nov 09 @ 10:07 pm
namii wrote :
skyfxl wrote :
namii wrote :
Hi!

Hi,

Thanks!! Now it works with Virtual Vinyl v4 vinyl mode BUT NEXT PROBLEM is that the signal keeps jumping from 0% to 100% - music plays flawless but voice is metallic. This must be just because it keeps jumping from 0 to 100?? - What to try next?? - Why can´t i run with this virtual vinyl v5 mode??

Im not sure can you PM me your email adress I can send you a file to try.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 3:44 am
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
Hey guys
Just got the ns7 and got my computers wiped clean, so they are running on nothing but windows and the drivers needed for the laptops to run and i have 2 issues...

on one i got xp works perfect and smoothly except that i get the ocational jump in a song sometimes while loading a track and stuff...now i was runnin it for 6 hours, sometimes it would b very rare...n then sometimes it would be consistent [ the jump], i got nothing else running more than vdj. i had to restart a couple times
also when i start vdj, it recognizes the soundcard but not the controller....if that makes sense when i click on config and i tell it to search again for controllers...the program shuts itself down so i open it again and then it recognizes it

second problem...i was installing on windows 7, i could not get past the installation of the drivers for the ns7 i get to a notification saying error x.0006 and i does not go through, i uninstalled, n reinstalled n again the same thing...is this windows 7s fault?....

thank u for reading guys

Are you using 6.03, whats your spec?

x0006 is a time out error. Make sure you are connecting it at the right time and your running as an admin.
When you see 0006 try unplugging it and reconnecting.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 3:46 am
skyfxl wrote :
PsychoMantis23 wrote :
Hey guys

thank u for reading guys

Are you using 6.03, whats your spec?

x0006 is a time out error. Make sure you are connecting it at the right time and your running as an admin.
When you see 0006 try unplugging it and reconnecting.

Yup 6.03
Please explain me more what do you mean by my spec.....you mean the specs of my laptop...or how is vdj running [ this is the first time i actually had to really pay attention to these things, as ive never had issues before, so excuse me if Im a bit slow with some stuff :) ]

Weird as I did this quite a few times, and I still got the error. Also when the error appears it wont let me connect and reconnect cause it pretty much leaves the installation at that point. I did uninstall and install lots of times thinking that might fix it but stilll

Also,maybe a bit off topic but any suggestions into what else I might need to turn off in terms of processes..as I mentioned Im running it pretty much barebones, yet theres still quite lots of processes running...mind you im only at 1% cpu usage..it of course increases once vdj is running

And thanks for your reply!
Have a great day

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 8:04 am
Hi!

Anyone have try a DMC2 COntroller with Windows 7 ??

because , don't work for me...

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 8:37 pm
i have bought a numark stealth controller but i cant get it to work it wont light up nor work with the vdj. i don not have an external sound card or interface is it a must to have those in order for the controller to work????? must i get the djio for it to work ?????

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 12:28 am
lgoddard wrote :
i have bought a numark stealth controller but i cant get it to work it wont light up nor work with the vdj. i don not have an external sound card or interface is it a must to have those in order for the controller to work????? must i get the djio for it to work ?????

You need to test with the V6 demo or purchase a license of V6 pro to get the lights to work.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 3:32 am
so i have downloaded the V6 trial version and the stealth control is still has not worked. when it started up it gave me an error with asio driver. I am not sure if i have to configure anything with in the V6 to get it working can i get some help with what exactly i need to do ????

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 7:46 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Please stop posting the same question in several different places. Pick one place and we will help you. Continuing to post the same question everywhere will only result in you either being ignored, or having your account locked.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 7:48 am
19%