Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

You need to realize the purpose of demo software is for you to determine if it has all the features and workflow you want. 2 years ago when i started looking, I downloaded the Virtual DJ demo and instantly the flow felt right. Serato was not even an option because you had to use Time Codes only. Traktor was new, but still audio only and I felt like the decks and buttons took up too much room on the screen.... you did not have alot of room to view/browse your files. I have a registered copy of their LE version with my Stealth control and 2 years later that is still my impression. I dont care how many awards it wins... it still has nothing on what you get with in VD.

I have not regretted my purchase of Numark Cue 5.0 since. However I never tried to hook up a bunch of hardware to it that was not recommended to work with it. Look up on this page, click on Products>Hardware, and look at all the options you have... infinite! You an take about any sound card with ASIO drivers, nearly any standard MIDI device and make it work. What do you find on the Serato site? A few time code solutions and 2 all in 1 controller solutions. Native instruments is closer to VDJ in terms of hardware options, but again... i dont like how the softare is laid out and you cant customize it....

LASTLY, Why would you buy a $1200 piece of hardware that COMES with what you are saying is a better software program, and then start posting in the VDJ/Atomix forum how their software does not work with your $1200 piece of hardware that was engineered to work specifically with another?????? If you prefer the functionality of VDJ, then you need to buy hardware that is recommended to work with VDJ. The NS7 and VCI300 were enginneered by Numark and Vestax to work with Serato Itch. Due to that fact, both had to compromise the MIDI comments in the hardware itself to work with ITCH. Therefore it does not make it easily portable to other software packages that support STANDARD MIDI.

Numark and Atomix worked to create a mapper file for the NS7, which I hear from others seems to work just fine. The VCI300 I hear is a bit different as some of the MIDI customization was perhaps more extensive to "undo" to make it easily portable and mappable in VDJ.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 11:29 pm
crisjcesar wrote :
so here it is for the NS7 again. I've seen plenty of people that have talked about this and I have to say I have a top of the line pc with a 512 dedicated video card. my computer it's not even a laptop. it's a quad core with 4 gigs of ram. and I have latency issues while playing video! It has only seemed to work, I must say unreliably, if I set my NS7 to 1000 latency and that has been my best expericence so far. I have used VDJ for some time now and without controllers or a simple x-session pro it has worked fine, but the day I installed Itch and play with that, and take this as contructive criticism, I have never looked back for playing music. The only thing holding me down to VDJ now is the video function.. which people are asking Serato like madmen to add. AND I WONT CARE TO PAY WHATEVER IT IS I HAVE TO PAY!!!! VDJ has to understand that they need to call Numark ASAP and try to work on a deal before Serato signs on the video function. Another controller could be inplemented with a retractable arm that would control de video and maybe light functions as well. NOW for the real problem... compare Itch to VDJ Itch is extremely light in comparison. Someone in the Serato forum said; "vdj is trying to do too many things and haven't even gotten the core done properly". On a different note. I called VDJ and you guys are rude and try to sound like u know everything.. MANAGER FIRE THOSE PEOPLE!! They don't know jack! The guy was speaking to me assuming I don't know anything about computers and the things he was saying were innacurate to say the least,,, besides I had a feeling that even him had no idea about the software.... If I were VDJ I would erase and start over again ... DJ's and VDJ's dont want to point and click.. we want controllers! Knobs and buttons!!! Go to the drawing board and fight fore that video function we all crave! Thanks VDJ !! I WISH YOU LUCK!

Why call for help if you are going to act smarter than the people that are trying to help you. I worked computer support for years, and trust me... most people dont know more than the people sitting in those chairs. I have never felt like the Atomix guys were reading or copy/pasting from a script in their "help manual." Every response has been experience based, and you go into their Live Chat, let them remove connect, and they are whipping around the desktop/software like the back of their hand. It is VERY obvious they know the software.

It may help if you buy the software, and then buy the hardware recommended for that software. I realize the NS7 is a nice piece of engineering... but I dont want to use Serato Itch. The benefit of going to a laptop solution is all in the power of the software. If you buy Serato, you use their hardware. No Option. Again as my post prior... you buy the Serato hardware, you best bet on using Serato. They have made a decision in their business model to make their hardware NON PORTABLE to other software (at least not easily.)

If you have been in the Music Production industry, you would recognize this model to be like that of Digidesign and Pro Tools. Everyone knows you dont buy Pro Tools and then choose your sound card. You choose the Digi Design hardware you need, and then you get Pro Tools with it.

With VDJ and Traktor, you buy their software and then you can choose from a buffet of controllers they have tested to work with their software and have support for it built in.

Anything else, and you are just causing the grief for yourself... not the other way around.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 11:45 pm
no no no no no. dont get me all wrong. what I am saying is that VDJ is unreliable period. I am not complaining about VDJ not working with NS7.. As for what u said about the technical support. That guy was an ass. Anyways. I was just putting in my 2 cents.. who cares if VDJ support 1 million hardware products... I am happy with one that works well... I guess I do want software companies to make better stuff but once again who cares.. I will ultimately pay for what works for me.. VDJ does not! and im not saying this to hate. as I said before take this as constructive criticism.. yes VDJ has sampler but its hard to manipulate. so I write here that and hope that someone who cares reads it to understand why I dont like it and can make it better so I buy their software..... There is a reason why %90 of DJ's use mac and not pc.. SO far PC hasnt cared enough.. we will see about windows 7... So I think VDJ should perhaps care about my money for example and say.. hmm there might be market there lets see... is it really that hard? why do you think that most DJ's prefer Serato even tho it doesnt show u album art for example.. because album art its cool but obviously Serato can't do it yet. so Serato taking a chance said "alright it doesn't work so don't put it there" so they didnt and DJ's still swear by it... How can a tech from VDJ tell me that VDJ works better on a PC than a MAC ??? man ! That macbook pro stopped working once when there were like 2500 people and there was a power surge and it wasnt even the macbook pro's fault... All I'm saying man.. and dont think Im hating.

BTW someone said it and said it well before.. DJ/VJ want to DJ and VJ not tweak for infinite amount of hours to get something to work right and then sweat their asses off playing a gig hoping it doesn't stop working.. It sux but that's the way it is.. anyways u are right i shouldnt be here trying to make a point.. but i guess i have too much time in my hands. im so tired.. good night =)

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 2:10 am
i do agree about the demo software tho... =)

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 2:10 am
I have used VDJ for nearly 3 Yrs now. I have got 3 other DJ's setup on their first system. I have yet to physically run into someone who can't get the software to work. Once they realize how to fine tune their laptops, it works like a dream.

So that has been my experience. Perhaps if you had a Serial Number for Cue or VDJ you would get better service. Too many people out there trying to crack the software and then get support. You mentioned in one of your posts you have used VDJ a long time. You been using a Demo of a long time or what?

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:25 am

friends, I am the VDJ User 2 years ago and has used the Hercules MK2 Hercules RMX, currently use the totalcontrol and DJIO. I bought the NS7 only because version 6.02 of VIRTUAL DJ promised to work with him. Believed in the street Virtual DJ promised! And it works and not get technical support. Coaches erase my messages without responding. It is a lack of respect.

I believe they are working to resolve the problems, but we, users, we can not be blamed. We just want software that works as promised. We have no blame for the problems between the Virtual DJ and NS7. We just want to work.

I work only with clips and the ITCH worked with video would have bought because my NS7 is stopped for 3 months without any use.

This discussion will only end when launching the new version, but never say when it will be. They could at least say what date will leave the new version.

I'm already getting tired of this discussion and not be answered by technical support. I just hope that the new version to come soon.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 4:28 pm
I have been researching new controllers for months now and everythread I have read suggested useres having issues with mapping both the NS7 and VCI300 to VDJ/Cue. This goes for 5.2.1 all the way up to 6.0.2. I still do not see either on the Products -) Hardware site for Atomix. If it is not there then making it work is then a matter of your MIDI mapping skills to make it work. You can't expect Atomix to make every hardware controller ever made work perfectly with their software with out the occasional need for someone (ie hardware or software manufacturers) having to make a change to support it.

I am sorry but my logic is sound.... If you want to buy a controller and then try and make it work with any software you choose... Then you need to be someone with alot of patience and time to waiste trying to make it work.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 8:16 pm
OK soo this is supposed to be a support site and no one's getting any support lately, lol.

I have a numark total control and really like it but I am having a problem with any jog wheel or fader type control giving a very slight clicking or feedback noise noise on my output. no matter what i use as an output, or what device its playing from i.e usb headphone's, speakers $300 headphones etc. even my recordings of mixes in vdj have this noise whenever the jog wheel or fader's are being operated. is this an issue that someone has had? is it a vdj problem or a problem with my total control or something else maybe? i bought it used. its almost new, built in 2009 but i doubt i can get warranty?.

thanks

Posted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 4:15 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
theguide wrote :
OK soo this is supposed to be a support site and no one's getting any support lately, lol.

I have a numark total control and really like it but I am having a problem with any jog wheel or fader type control giving a very slight clicking or feedback noise noise on my output. no matter what i use as an output, or what device its playing from i.e usb headphone's, speakers $300 headphones etc. even my recordings of mixes in vdj have this noise whenever the jog wheel or fader's are being operated. is this an issue that someone has had? is it a vdj problem or a problem with my total control or something else maybe? i bought it used. its almost new, built in 2009 but i doubt i can get warranty?.

thanks

It sounds like the version of VDJ you have is out of date, I suggest trying the latest demo.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 4:42 am
Actually getting pops and clicking while using the jogwheel is normally a latency thing for me, especially if I was using the keylock feature. You need to optimize your laptop and adjust your sound card latency settings until it goes away, or simply turn off key lock.... AND make sure you're using thelatest version of the demo. :)

Posted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 8:31 am
Also, try turning off safe mode - CONFIG -> Performances -> Safe Mode

Posted Fri 16 Oct 09 @ 12:32 pm
I will just wait for the next version of VDJ.

I've used the one we have at our studio for a while now but we have things like the x-ponent and other none HID hardware that seems to work well actually.

I want to kick ass with my NS7 tho =D

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 10:39 am
Is it just sound that is your issue on the NS7? Dude 99.999999% of the time it isn't the software.... Its your settings.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 11:22 am
HID just came into the picture version 5 of VDJ did not support this. this is the first time VDJ supports HID ver. 6.. next update will definetely better.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 7:11 pm
How come Serato Itch works without a hicup. It works flawlessly out of the box.. so If it works with Itch it will work with VDJ, it just needs work. the more work techs put into making the drivers from scratch the better compatibility.. I think it would be a wise move by Atomix to do so tho.. BTW about the setting I have checked everything already. windows xp, vista,windows 7 32 and 64 versions.. the problems is the porting of the drivers that's all. just wait and see. Im very excited tho! Windows 7 kicks XP butt with all the visuals setting to max lol... you set 7 to classic theme and streamline the machine for ur work and hmm man... grab on to your pantalones!

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 7:14 pm
The DMC2 is a HID device and it worked perfectly with Cue and VDJ 5.2.1. I believe the Dennon HC4500 could operate and both HID and MIDI mode, and it worked just fine in either mode with VDJ.

Serato Itch was made in cooperation with Numark and Vestax to create 2 controllers to release with it. Prior to that all Serato could do was Time Code. It is only logical to conclude the NS7 and VCI300 are going to work out of the box for the most part with Itch. It should, they were built for that. Atomix did not get the benefit of getting pre-release versions of the hardware to start testing and developing solutions to make them work.

If Serato Itch works so well for you.... why create a user name in the Atomix VDJ forum and post about how VDJ sucks. THINK ABOUT IT???? Why buy a $1200 controller that comes with the software you say you like? Just to then pay $300 for software you say sucks? I have said this I do not know how many times in these forums in the past week... First you buy the software you want for all your needs, and then you buy the hardware it says it supports.

Sorry man, but you need to stop expecting people to help you or feel sorry for you if you when you clearly dont know what the heck you are doing in this forum or how to even make proper technical decisions for your DJ business. End of Story.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 09 @ 10:07 pm
I do not pretend to say Itch is better than VDJ. I am only stating my own personal opinion regarding my experience with the software. I am not here to fight with anyone about anything. Thanks. :)

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 3:38 am
If anything i want stuff to get better for the sake of my business.

Posted Mon 19 Oct 09 @ 3:40 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
crisjcesar wrote :
HID just came into the picture version 5 of VDJ did not support this. this is the first time VDJ supports HID ver. 6.. next update will definetely better.

VirtualDJ supports HID since a long long time now : Hercules DJ Console, EKS XP10 aren't new ;-)

(It was far to be the case for competitors)

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 3:57 pm
Can there be a forum rule that stops letting 'no licenses users' to post in the forums other than that for demos? LE users even register right to show they have bought VDJ compatible hardwaare right? This is a Numark support thread and I see the same user with 5 different pieces of hardware and not a single one registered.

This is suppose to be a help forum not a spam forum.

Posted Tue 20 Oct 09 @ 4:24 pm
17%