Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Comusic wrote :
Hi there..

I have just purchased a Numark OMNI control, and used to have a TOTAL control and DJIO, but the right play button had always been faulty, ie sometimes it would play and other times I would have to press it twice which was a real pain :-( However I stuck with Numark..... but unfortunately the new OMNI won't show up properly in Virtual DJ 6.... I have it working with Traxtor fine, but it shows up as the NS7 for some reason in Virtual DJ.

I had seen in another forum about lots of people having problems when upgrading from a Total control to the Omni
I have a MACbook PRO 2.5 duo, 4 gig ram and also a PC with XP (again having similar problems) I've done the obvious setting ie 4out card and Numark USB audio device....
Please please please help !!!!!

Hi, if you choose the option of show disconnected devices and choose the Omni Control what happens?

Posted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 4:19 am
markd wrote :
I am using vdj on a pc with xp with timecoded numark cdxs. I have time code set VDJCD and to smart. The pitch sliders seem to jump up and down in vdj even though they are stationary on my cdx's. This causes the beats to go out of sync constantly and has only started since i updated the firmware to 62. It doesn't do this when I set it to relative but then I cannot see the true bpm in vdj which i dont like. I have a gig tonight and desperately need a fix before then.

Hi, which soundcard do you use this is more likely to be a card or software issue.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 4:20 am
djnermo wrote :
Hi, I have Omnicontrol with VDJ6, sometime no light and no control but the mapping select is correct.

Tengo una omnicontrol con VDJ6, pero a veces no enciende las luces ni tampoco se activa los controles, siendo que esta seleccionado el mapping respectivo.

Please ensure you are using the latest offical demo.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 4:21 am
AlmostASound wrote :
Sorry if it has been asked, but I can't find it even with the search function.
I have Virtual DJ Professional 5.2.1 Edition, and a Numark Omni Control.
But, when I put my Headphones in the jack input of my Omni Control, and with good configuration, it doesn't seem to work.
Can someone describe me exactly what I would have to do with Config and such?
Also, when midi mapping, the Mic Through Volume knob doesn't appear on the mapping.

Hi for best performance please use the latest demo or ensure you are using the latest full version of V6.

You need to choose:

Inputs : none
Outputs : headphones
Card : asio
Driver : numark usb
Channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones

Posted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 4:22 am
DJ Pancho wrote :
im using 6.0.2 and the NUMARK OMNI CONTROLLER
and it works fine the first 30 minutes then after a buzzing sound....what settings should i use?

my laptop is
asus m70vm
t9600 dual core
4 gb of ram
nvidia gt 9650 1gb dedicated
1 tb 7200 rpm hardrives (2 500's 7200 rpm 16mb cache)

also i use an external hardrive thats 2tb full of videos and when i do searches it freezes for atleast 2 minutes.

PLEASE I HAVE 2 BIG WEDDINGS THIS SAT & SUN.....What settings do i need??

Hi, this sounds like it could be a latency issue.

If you go to config > performances and set fastest and auto latency does this help?

Posted Wed 07 Oct 09 @ 4:24 am
Hi Skyxfl

It just doesn't work !! Ive been in loads of forums now and lots of people having the same problem.. it only happens to people who had a djio and total control installed first, I have also contacted Numark support with no answer as yet !.... The omni is fine on my machine that didn't have djio installed..... Really need it working on this one tho

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 4:55 am
what happens if you uninstall all the Numark Drivers and then just reinstall the OMNI control drivers. If it doesnt work, make sure you look at the Numark site and pull up the OMNI control documents and downloads. It has a document to help users optimize their MAC and PC systems. I would suggest you follow that and make sure you are not pointing to the wrong issue...

Posted Thu 08 Oct 09 @ 6:56 pm
Comusic wrote :
Hi Skyxfl

It just doesn't work !! Ive been in loads of forums now and lots of people having the same problem.. it only happens to people who had a djio and total control installed first, I have also contacted Numark support with no answer as yet !.... The omni is fine on my machine that didn't have djio installed..... Really need it working on this one tho

Your in the UK? Give me a call 01252353850 ask for Simon

Posted Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 7:20 am
friend. Any comments on the problems of the Numark NS7? Besides the problems connected with the plates that generate noise and crashes the sound (being worked out by the team VDJ) I'm with another problem has been reported in the forum and technical support. NS7 uninstalled and reinstalled and after that the virtual DJ 6.02 does not show up the Mapper the NS7. The sound card appears, but not the Mapper. How can I fix this problem?

Posted Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 12:18 pm
Hi I have Numark total control, and I have a problem after pc reinstalling!

When I am using my total control at VDJ after about 15 sec everything freezes, nothing working. When I press somewhere then my computer is showing than this program is not responding. But the VDJ is working alright when th NTC is not connected. Any ideas how to fix this ?

Posted Fri 09 Oct 09 @ 1:18 pm
vjrinaldofreitas wrote :
friend. Any comments on the problems of the Numark NS7? Besides the problems connected with the plates that generate noise and crashes the sound (being worked out by the team VDJ) I'm with another problem has been reported in the forum and technical support. NS7 uninstalled and reinstalled and after that the virtual DJ 6.02 does not show up the Mapper the NS7. The sound card appears, but not the Mapper. How can I fix this problem?

Hi, is the unit currently detected by Itch?

Posted Sat 10 Oct 09 @ 8:10 am
DjTheTrinkY wrote :

When I am using my total control at VDJ after about 15 sec everything freezes, nothing working. When I press somewhere then my computer is showing than this program is not responding. But the VDJ is working alright when th NTC is not connected. Any ideas how to fix this ?

Whats your spec? which version do you use?

Posted Sat 10 Oct 09 @ 8:10 am
yes, the itch detects the NS7. I have seen other questions on the same subject here. I gather that the person had to format the computer and install everything again, even the windows. It has an easy way to solve? Already uninstalled ITCH, the NS7 and Virtual DJ 6.02 and installed everything again, but not resolved. The Virtual DJ recognizes the sound card in NS7, but does not show the Mapper.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 09 @ 8:20 am
DjTheTrinkY wrote :

My specs is
HP Pavilion dv9700
Processor: AMD turion 64 X2 mobile tehnology TL-60 2.00 ghz
RAM: 3 Gb
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 256 MB
Windows 7600 Ultimate

I am using VDJ 5.2
And I have the same problem with VDJ 6

Posted Sat 10 Oct 09 @ 9:11 am
DjTheTrinkY wrote :
DjTheTrinkY wrote :

My specs is
HP Pavilion dv9700
Processor: AMD turion 64 X2 mobile tehnology TL-60 2.00 ghz
RAM: 3 Gb
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 256 MB
Windows 7600 Ultimate

I am using VDJ 5.2
And I have the same problem with VDJ 6

Are you trying the demo?

On config > performances

Set latency to fastest and the performance slider to fastest

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 11:29 am
friend, researched my problem?

Posted Mon 12 Oct 09 @ 5:52 pm
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
regarding the cdx, this is part from my post in the general forum:
as i know they do have midi capabilities though i never seen anywhere in the net someone assigning them to a laptop.
is it possible to work with vdj as midi controller? has anyone tested it? does it have any firmware that does this job?
unfortunately through their site i cannot browse the firmware update history..
its a pitty not to be able to be done since the unit have capabilities ... :(

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 8:49 am
will the Ion DISCOVER DJ work with VDJ or CUE?

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 12:39 pm
so here it is for the NS7 again. I've seen plenty of people that have talked about this and I have to say I have a top of the line pc with a 512 dedicated video card. my computer it's not even a laptop. it's a quad core with 4 gigs of ram. and I have latency issues while playing video! It has only seemed to work, I must say unreliably, if I set my NS7 to 1000 latency and that has been my best expericence so far. I have used VDJ for some time now and without controllers or a simple x-session pro it has worked fine, but the day I installed Itch and play with that, and take this as contructive criticism, I have never looked back for playing music. The only thing holding me down to VDJ now is the video function.. which people are asking Serato like madmen to add. AND I WONT CARE TO PAY WHATEVER IT IS I HAVE TO PAY!!!! VDJ has to understand that they need to call Numark ASAP and try to work on a deal before Serato signs on the video function. Another controller could be inplemented with a retractable arm that would control de video and maybe light functions as well. NOW for the real problem... compare Itch to VDJ Itch is extremely light in comparison. Someone in the Serato forum said; "vdj is trying to do too many things and haven't even gotten the core done properly". On a different note. I called VDJ and you guys are rude and try to sound like u know everything.. MANAGER FIRE THOSE PEOPLE!! They don't know jack! The guy was speaking to me assuming I don't know anything about computers and the things he was saying were innacurate to say the least,,, besides I had a feeling that even him had no idea about the software.... If I were VDJ I would erase and start over again ... DJ's and VDJ's dont want to point and click.. we want controllers! Knobs and buttons!!! Go to the drawing board and fight fore that video function we all crave! Thanks VDJ !! I WISH YOU LUCK!

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 10:46 pm
I will tell you the biggest diference I notice bet Atomix and Serato.. I just went to the Serato forum just right now and I say "of course!" "Serato would never launch anything which is not fully reliable for profesional environments! VDJ u need to scratch and get back to the drawing board.. if u are to compete u need to make VDJ stable above all and add only functions that maintain this standard. Look at Numark tehir were quick to produce a high quality device like the NS7 because they know that proffesional DJ's will pay for it, because we can have bells and whistles but what we want is reliability. Heck I have been a PC fanatic and still am but because Mac is more reliable than PC for Dj'ing Im looking to buy one.. Because if my music software crashes at my gigs I am nothing as a DJ and I will have no bread to eat.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 10:57 pm
16%