Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Hercules RMX - Video Skin - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
yep you can use my logo (i didn't design it, i just like using it) no probs be quite chuffed if you did, actually think it will look good. agree with L2 about time wave box and the jog logo, i was going to mention them but thought i had asked enough of you, so i'm glad he brought it up, if would be better to judge if there was a chance of seeing both of the jog wheel effects side by side, what i would like to see if it was possible is the outer silver rim of the jog to have a pulsating effect circulating it, if you know what i'm trying to say.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 4:36 pm
"Tayla" DJ logo replacing Virtual DJ logo on platter centres - DONE

Back ground to "Song Position" wave form changed to black - DONE

Beat effect added to edge of jog wheel - DONE (i have only done a very slight effect on this - which i actually think looks better)

Rotating "Numark-ish" graphics - NOT DONE - LOL i have decided to keep these as i actually quite like them and when i tried it with the grey circle (which i assume you meant to look like the finger "print" on the actual controller) - i didnt like it.

Other changes:
> Reverse Button added next to song position waveform

Screenshot of updated jog wheels:

More testing on Friday.

djtouchdan.........

Posted Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 8:05 pm
hey dan looking good, can't wait to see the effect on the rim, see you got the wall message... lol

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 5:28 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
:0 better looking!

I just dont like the dark blue on the black jog, it too hard to see, lighten the tone a few shades.

I am sure your a mac user but if you got rid of the apple O O O and make it more universal you would not have to make 2 versions.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 10:04 am
listen2 wrote :

I just dont like the dark blue on the black jog, it too hard to see, lighten the tone a few shades.

I am sure your a mac user but if you got rid of the apple O O O and make it more universal you would not have to make 2 versions.

Glad you like the new jogs - the colour of the centre looks better on the actual skin than in these images. It also matches the text and spinners etc etc.

It isnt just the OOO that needs ammending between Apple and Windows - i have had issues with font sizes too on previous skins (before i understood how to make skins and edit the XML).

Therefore as a Mac user i have done a Mac design but am willing to make 2 minor graphical changes and the font changes for Windows users. ;)

A video update so you can see the jogs better:

djtouchdan......

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 7:24 pm
hi dan, don't think i'm keen on that latest effect on the outer rim, what i was trying to convey is something coloured silver similar to the two blue squares but travelling on the silver rim edge... so it gives the impression the jog is spinning

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 7:42 pm
ah ok!! i did miss understand you.

leave it with me - i'll see if i can work my magic!!

djtouchdan....

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 7:44 pm
just looked at the new vid quite a few more times and if the outer silver rim effect is not possible, it would look better without the pulsating effect and just the inner jog movement.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 7:46 pm
oops, just come up for air at the same time, that would be great if you could, cheers...

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 7:47 pm
Ok, i think i got it - the graphics are quite 100% yet - but the idea and coding is there.

Is this what you had in mind Tayla???

edit: video should be there soon.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 09 @ 8:46 pm
hi dan, we are getting there, i think, lol. erm, if you can use the original rim just to appear that it's animated that would be the best solution, like cut it away from the black part of the jog wheel. damn wish i had the knowledge to show you whats going on in my brain... are these tweeks holding you up from completing the project or are you more happier to get the finished product right first time.

got to say i'm quite surprised there hasn't been more input from other rmx users when they have been given the opportunity to have a say on something thats going to really compliment the unit.

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 3:37 am
I think i understand what your saying.

I'd sooner have a spanking good skin before i release it to be honest. i've done a couple of skins before and though i wouldnt say i rushed them, heinsight is a wonderful thing an i probably would have done things different.

I am surprised too - that there hasnt been more input - i dont even own a RMX!! it would appear there arent many video jock RMX owners around!

Gonna do some more work on it today - will post any significant changes.
djtouhdan.....

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 4:51 am
cheers mate...

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 5:34 am
right been thinking again, doh, just another idea to throw into the pot, if the silver rim idea doesn't work how about changing those double blue and red squares to silver on both jogs see how that looks, maybes sometimes the simple ideas are the better ones... lol

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 5:40 am
i'm inclined to agree with you - i am having a nightmare trying to get the graphic rim to rotate.

The annoying thing is i know if possible - just had to do because the rim the so thin - yet covers such a large area. (if you know what i mean)
Gonna give it a few more hours of my time then give up i think - but yes the silver effects could look good - maybe even for the "Tayla" logo in the centre too??

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 5:43 am
didn't expect a reply so soon dan, and crap i've been looking at all of your edits you have so far made and now i got another one... lol, the blue on the buttons when activated looks a little faint, how about using the same blue that is in the top time line window... sorry, hehe

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 5:50 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Paul,

your soooooooooooooooooo depending mate, it's unbelievable, lol

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 7:17 am
Could you add a Eq Mixer?

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 2:09 pm
Hi ronny,

i will look at adding a eq mixer in v2 of this skin. My priority at the moment is to get this to a usable standard for Video Jocks as there isnt currently a video skin for the RMX.

Thanks for your input.

djtouchdan.....

Posted Fri 13 Feb 09 @ 2:56 pm
Now in beta testing to ensure compatibility with Hercules RMX Controller.

1280x800 to be released after beta testing (Windows & Mac)

1440x900 to be released soon after. (Windows & Mac)

djtouchdan.....

Posted Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 9:43 am
58%