Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Cheers Pulse

Iain

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:15 am
Hey Alpine! Glad you’re aboard! They’ll figure out the problems here for you, I got a few issues myself, which is expected on any new software.

I've ran into a few small problems myself. The cue button doesn't work the same as it did and doesn't always hold cue points. If I hold the cue button for more than a few seconds it keeps playing rather than stopping like 5.2.1 did. Scratching isn't any different than before. I mean sensitivity settings can be changed but that has nothing to do with actual "scratch DJ" scratching, where you manipulate a sample while it is playing, not while it's stopped. Scratching is ok when it's stopped but this is not proper scratch technique, the sample should be playing.

The search function in the browser has taken so long and left the player and screen unusable until it finishes the search, the song that was on came to an end and I was powerless to blend in the next track leaving about 20 seconds or more of dead air until the search completed. The total search time was well over 1 minute.

Looping is different than before, I suppose it may be better now but I need to get used to it. I think this may have something to do with my cueing problem, not sure.

When I have the same sample in both decks on the screen they both play at the same time (out of my control) and make a flanging effect. I have to change the other sample to stop this, it may sound absurd but this is why I do the double sample (I have created a ton of my own for this purpose), I want to be able to have the same sample if I want to, I just want to have control over the individual deck when the same sample is in it.

RuDe

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 2:18 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJRudeDoGG wrote :
I've ran into a few small problems myself. The cue button doesn't work the same as it did and doesn't always hold cue points. If I hold the cue button for more than a few seconds it keeps playing rather than stopping like 5.2.1 did.

It's a new action and you can change it ... Go to the mapper and change the CUE key Action to -> CUE_STOP

DJRudeDoGG wrote :
Scratching isn't any different than before. I mean sensitivity settings can be changed but that has nothing to do with actual "scratch DJ" scratching, where you manipulate a sample while it is playing, not while it's stopped. Scratching is ok when it's stopped but this is not proper scratch technique, the sample should be playing.

You continue to use the word 'sample' - I am assuming you are talking about a 'track' and not the 'samples' from the VDJ Sampler.
As for the 'touch' response when you push the touch platter - I am looking into that .. for me it seems fine, but I am not a hardcord scratch DJ as I have said before.

DJRudeDoGG wrote :
The search function in the browser has taken so long and left the player and screen unusable until it finishes the search, the song that was on came to an end and I was powerless to blend in the next track leaving about 20 seconds or more of dead air until the search completed. The total search time was well over 1 minute.

Search time? I am not sure what you are describing here? When using the search box to find tracks - I don't see a 'slow down' and have not heard it reported by anyone else.

DJRudeDoGG wrote :
Looping is different than before, I suppose it may be better now but I need to get used to it. I think this may have something to do with my cueing problem, not sure.

Loop In - Loop Out ... so not sure what you are describing here - cueing problem?

DJRudeDoGG wrote :
When I have the same sample in both decks on the screen they both play at the same time (out of my control) and make a flanging effect. I have to change the other sample to stop this, it may sound absurd but this is why I do the double sample (I have created a ton of my own for this purpose), I want to be able to have the same sample if I want to, I just want to have control over the individual deck when the same sample is in it.

Again are you talking 'sampler' or 'tracks on the decks' ?

RuDe

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 8:44 am
Sorry, I 'm talking about a sample CD or sample mp3's. They are made for scratch DJ's, samples such as "aaahhh yeah", "freeesh", "bust it", "rock the beat" etc. Here is an example of what can be done on a CDJ-400 using a sample CD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDywl0n0gqM

Thanks,

DJ RuDe

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:26 pm
gotcha ... just clarifying terminology ...

still looking into the touch platter issue ...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 12:44 pm
Did you watch the YouTube video? Now if we can get VDJ to do the same as a CD on the CDJ-400 we will have a friggen winner!!

RuDe

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:10 pm
I can't watch it at the 'day job' ... but I will when I get home ... as a reference ...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:14 pm
Hello to all,
I have been using the Hercules RMX console with VDJ PRO for about a year now. I recently came across a friend who wants to give me an awesome price on a Pioneer DJM-500 Mixer with 2xCDJ-500 II in a coffin. SO my question is how can I hook this up to my laptop running VDJ? Thanks in advance! P.L.U.R.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:18 pm
Ahhh... the 500/500 combo, that's what I started with! It's not my brother selling my old gear is it? ;)

The only way you'd be able to use VDJ with that equipment is by way of timecode CD (to control the software) and a soundcard (for both input of the timecode TO the computer and ouput of the audio FROM the computer).

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:55 pm
Pulse i ment ask, the problem we are having with the left deck on the mep (pushing play and it also starting the right deck) have you tried pushing the right hand deck play button? I have and doesnt do a thing! nor does the cue button!
Just thought i would ask out of interest and to make sure we are seeing and having the same fault.

cheers

Iain

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 1:34 am
We are close to a resolution Ian. Just waiting on a confirmation from Pulse on a few things.

Chris

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:10 am
Chris, thanks so much for sorting this out.

Iain

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 10:17 am
"Ahhh... the 500/500 combo, that's what I started with! It's not my brother selling my old gear is it? ;)

The only way you'd be able to use VDJ with that equipment is by way of timecode CD (to control the software) and a soundcard (for both input of the timecode TO the computer and ouput of the audio FROM the computer)."

Thanks DJ Pulse I assume something like MAYA44 would be the hardware I need to get to accomplish this? CDJ Outs to MAYA44 IN's, MAYA44 OUTS to the DJM, Download the VDJ TCCD burn and I am good to go????? :) I think $500 is worth the 500/500 combo now, I can do both CD's and MP3's (TCCD)!

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 1:12 pm
Hey cstoll, I know you've been busy trying to work out issues with the MEP, but I was wondering if you had a chance to look into the scratching inquiry I had regarding the pressure requirements on the platter of the CDJ-400 yet?

No worries if you haven't yet, just wondering.

RuDe

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 2:30 pm
cbaystudios wrote :
"Ahhh... the 500/500 combo, that's what I started with! It's not my brother selling my old gear is it? ;)

The only way you'd be able to use VDJ with that equipment is by way of timecode CD (to control the software) and a soundcard (for both input of the timecode TO the computer and ouput of the audio FROM the computer)."

Thanks DJ Pulse I assume something like MAYA44 would be the hardware I need to get to accomplish this? CDJ Outs to MAYA44 IN's, MAYA44 OUTS to the DJM, Download the VDJ TCCD burn and I am good to go????? :) I think $500 is worth the 500/500 combo + Flight Case now, I can do both CD's and MP3's (TCCD)!

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:30 pm
DJRudeDoGG wrote :
Hey cstoll, I know you've been busy trying to work out issues with the MEP, but I was wondering if you had a chance to look into the scratching inquiry I had regarding the pressure requirements on the platter of the CDJ-400 yet?

No worries if you haven't yet, just wondering.

RuDe

Yeah, think we have the MEP issue resolved ... and maybe the CDJ-400 ... got to test a bit more ... (not a scratcher) so will really rely on your opinion once we can get something out there for download.

Chris

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:56 pm
Ok, awesome! Can't wait to test it out.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 7:49 pm
OK cstoll, I have downloaded the 6.0.1 version and I didn't really find anything different regarding the CDJ-400 platter and scratching. When a scratch DJ scratches, the deck is in play, you should be able to push down slightly on the platter stopping the song to scratch by moving the wheel to and fro in rapid succession on a scratch sample and release the wheel momentarily so that the whole sample is played, then stop it again only by slight pressure on the wheel and manipulate the scratch sample again the same way. While the DJ is manipulating the sample on the platter with one hand he is also using the other hand to control the fader on the mixer and so that only what he wants will exit the speakers to be heard. This is all done while one deck plays Break Beats or a Hip Hop song and the other deck has the sample not paused but in PLAY mode.

Right now the way VDJ 6.0.1 is operating, the platter on the CDJ-400 while in PLAY mode it is nearly impossible to stop and scratch the song/scratch sample. It scratches ok when the song is in PAUSE but this is not proper scratching technique because the sample that is being scratched needs to be heard fully in the scratch to sound right, this can only be done while the deck is in PLAY.

I hope I explained this correctly so that you and the dev team can try to work it out. If you already knew about scratch technique and protocol then "scratch that"! Pun intended.

DJ RuDe

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 12:49 am
Okay guys, here's the dilly...

SEP / MEP are working properly now with 6.0.1 - the bug was corrected so now the left side of the controller plays the left virtual deck and the right side of the controller plays the right virtual deck.

With regards to the CDJ400 and the SEP/MEP and the scratching, the response is something that VDJ is aware of and are working to tighten. I too have noticed the difference in operation between the software control and direct hardware operation but you have to keep in mind that the guys @ VDJ are working on the software end of things to use with the Pioneer hardware. In other words, our stuff is already built -- but not for their software. They are having to engineer their software in order for our hardware to control it just as we expect the hardware to function when using it directly (like with a CD or USB source). As such, it may take time or might not even be possible for an exact emulation of the performance (due to things out of their control).

Please keep the feeback coming, but please keep it positive and constructive. Insulting or harassing the VDJ crew because something isn't working properly or how you expect it won't get results. Provide detailed information and people will be happy to help you!

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:20 am
Chris, will download it and try it out.
Have never done anything like this before so can you talk me through the stages to do this.
Do i remove the current version from the computer etc

My thanks again chris

Iain

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:21 am
17%