Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: iWall SMS Integration - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have put up Essential Media 2.07 mainly to address the flash issue with device text when drawing flash transparently, but it allows you to turn off transparency for CDG and Video files as well as SWF files. Mostly you won't need to do this but it may come in handy.

To change the alpha channel drawing setting, right click on any of the thumbnails and choose 'Alpha'. The alpha dialog goes into more detail on it.

So now you can set the iWall FlashEngine.swf in EM to draw as Opaque and all will work as expected.

The main reasons for using EM for the iWall FlashEngine.swf rather then using the iWall FreeFrameEngine plugin are:

o - better performance

o - more flexibility

o - no Free Frame issues

FlashEngine.swf is located in the engines folder of the iWall Program Files folder. Make sure you have iWall 3.2.

You can download EM version 2.07 here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/effects.html?category=video&order=default&platform=all&search=

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 7:27 pm
fran.ccHome userMember since 2009
@Don Moir

Older releases of iWall have used embedded fonts for the SWF files, but starting with iWall 3 I switched to device fonts because is the only way for the user to choose their own fonts from the layout editor. Also embedding fonts is not a viable solution to support the full unicode character set, as the few fonts that cover most of the unicode map are usually a bit ugly (Arial Unicode, etc.).

I will try the cacheAsBitmap option for the next release, but first I need to check that it does not negatively affects users running iWall standalone that are about 80% of the user base.

Francisco

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 7:12 am
Thanks for responding Franciso...

I will file a formal bug report with Adobe on it. I can also control the cacheAsBitmap on my end but I decided not to do it as a 'global' decision because it can sometimes cause a performance hit as I can only do it for the entire SWF. You can also do it for each individual TextField but I don't want to suggest anything you might not want to do though.

If you use individual TextFields for each SMS message then the cacheAsBitmap will actually be faster if you set the cacheAsBitmap to true for the TextField. This is because when Flash has to re-render the display, the text will not have to be drawn again. It will just have to blt the text to the screen. cacheAsBitmap is faster when the DisplayObject is not constantly changing.

At any rate, EM 2.07 allows you to draw it as Opaque and this fixes it.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 12:27 pm
where is the plugins iwall for virtual dj?

Posted Sun 22 Dec 13 @ 9:22 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It is supplied with iWall.

Posted Sun 22 Dec 13 @ 1:54 pm
And MAC users?

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 1:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Since this thread is about iWall (which is a 3rd party software) I will assume you mean that. iWall don't have a Mac version AFAIK, you'd have to ask them.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 8:42 am
I would love to have this as a plug-in. only problem was I could not get it for a Mac. on a PC I was able to run virtual DJ output window to I wall as a window for my video and was still able to use the other functions of iwall.

Posted Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 11:38 pm
I want iWall back. I was using iWall version 3.6. It is an excellent text to screen, picture to screen program. It used to work with Virtual DJ Pro 7 using freeframe, but today, it does not work at all in Virtual DJ Pro 8. Is there any way we can get this plugin to work again?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 6:11 pm
Last I checked you could run the iWall swf files in Essential Media. There are some problems with them though which I reported to iWall. I can fix them and I think I have some fixed swf files for iWall somewhere. EM is available as a beta for VDJ8 and you can check the Essential Media thread for that.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 7:46 am
I have used Iwall in version 7 very Often. A great programma which i bought and integrated in vdj. In vdj 8 it is not working any more. (I used iT with freeframe enigine)
I hope it Will work soon??

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 5:37 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
it is question for developer iWall and not for Dev team VDJ
forum for iWall or possible connection with EV (meybe ..I'm not sure )
iWall have great link with Facebook via WIFI but speed change setting, (create new teplate in the club ) it is clumsy.

Posted Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 6:09 am
edmulder wrote :
I have used Iwall in version 7 very Often. A great programma which i bought and integrated in vdj. In vdj 8 it is not working any more. (I used iT with freeframe enigine)
I hope it Will work soon??

Not according this email from Francisco the developer:

fran.cc wrote :
I have no plans currently to include a VDJ plugin in future iWall versions. It is too much difficult work in a low level programming language and the share of the iWall licenses owners using it is less than 10%.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 8:42 am
Nooo, thats bad news!

Posted Thu 21 Aug 14 @ 3:54 pm
Are there other options for sms integration in version 8?? (I love it so much in version 7)

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 9:22 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Now, IMU with VM (PangolinPlugins)

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:55 am
I spoke with Francisco briefly about a connection between iWall and Essential Visuals (new name pending). In short he is open to the idea. EV will be renamed and this version will have no association with Pangolin. So just like IMU will be independently supported and sold, iWall and other applications can do the same and still talk to EV.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 12:02 pm
edmulder wrote :
Are there other options for sms integration in version 8?? (I love it so much in version 7)

Yes IMU and the plugin Essential Video being "tweaked" for VDJ 8 as we speak.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 12:38 pm
Here is a screen shot of the iWall 3.6 FlashEngine.swf running in EM beta for VDJ8. In this case, EM has taken over the playback of the iWall display mechanism.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 12:44 pm
Look like we'll have to spend some more money now 😢

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 12:23 pm
62%