PC Clean Re-install VirtualDJ 8
Q: How do i perform a Clean Installation of VirtualDJ on a Windows computer ?
Important ! Make a backup copy of the VirtualDJ Home folder if you need to keep your database (Contains song information such as BPM, Hot Cues, comments, etc.)
How to completely Uninstall:
- Uninstall VirtualDJ (and any other older versions) from the Windows Control Panel, if present. During the process, answer Yes to the prompt question to delete your settings and database files.
This step should be enough to allow you proceeding with an installation of VirtualDJ.
- Delete the VirtualDJ folder
- Delete the folder C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ if this is still present (Or C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ on a 64-bit system.)
- Restart your computer.
How to Install:
- Download and install VirtualDJ. Detailed steps are available in the Quick Start Guide
- If applicable, copy your backed up database file VirtualDJ Home folder to \AppData\Local\VirtualDJ*.
* In many cases the AppData Folder may not be visible as it is hidden by default. If this is the case, please do the following:
1) Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
2) Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
3) Select the View Tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
4) Select OK.