Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using serato sl box as ASiO driver

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So this is a good one!! i have the Serato driver box, it should act as a asio, but for some reason on a mac, when i go to select sound card in configs, it does not show up. on my friends pc the option is there. i also am using the Numark total control. in Configs, first option is no timecode. second dropdown window i choose speaker with headphones. then when it comes down to the third drop down, it gives me an option for 4 out card, i choose this, then in driver selection it only lets you choose build in output. what do i do? can anybody help?

Posted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 8:55 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The SL-1 box is locked when used on the MAC platform. Can only be used with SSL.

Also, there is no ASIO on MAC. MAC uses Core Audio.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 08 @ 10:20 am
Is it possible to use different sound cards on a mac or just the numark sound card?

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 9:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes it is possible;)

Posted Mon 24 Nov 08 @ 10:00 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
spinnaJ wrote :
Yes it is possible;)

If you're using timecode it only works with the VV interface and the Hercules RMX or MK2.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 1:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 7:42 am
HiTower wrote :
spinnaJ wrote :
Yes it is possible;)

If you're using timecode it only works with the VV interface and the Hercules RMX or MK2.

But WHY is that? I like to understand. What do the rmx or mk2 have what any other soundkarde do not have....

And if the soundkard supports core audio I also can not use with timcode?

For example:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/rme_fireface_800.htm (on the right side you can change the language)

Posted Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 2:17 pm
Will there be an version, that supports the SL1 on mac? I know it works with bootcamp.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 2:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)