Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: A Random Video Effect Crontroller

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Plug-in developers.

I would like to suggest that someone develop a random video effect controller.

The basic concept is that this plug-in controller would randomly apply video effects to the video from a list of installed video effects.

This could be especially useful to reduce the time videos remain onscreen which can distract patrons for too long. I try to use FX and to break it up, but it wastes some time, even when FX are on HotKeys. The main task of this controller would be to minimize the time videos remain onscreen by applying FX such as Sonique or slide shows.

What do you all think ??

Posted Sun 16 Nov 08 @ 7:46 pm
Last year I threw this idea out but haven't noticed any comments.

After re-reading the post, I am thinking the suggestion may not have been immediately clear.

The idea again was for a video FX plug-in controller that can be made to apply video FX to the output in a random fashion. This means that while the DJ is doing their thing, the audience sees different FX at totally random times as determined by the controller. Perhaps a few programmable parameters to help direct the way way the controller works such as, "List of FX for the controller to choose from" or "Max length of time for FX to be applied".

Would love to see some feedback about this.

Posted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 11:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)