Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New User to VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I will be looking into VDJ but have some questions that hopefully someone can help me with. I am trying to mix some MP3 & wav files on my pc and save the mix. Will VDJ allow me to to save lets say a 60 minute or so mix that I can then burn to a cd? If so, will VDJ also allow me to hear the mix before I actually record it or will it record every mix and sound as the burner hears it? Thanks.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:47 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"Will VDJ allow me to to save lets say a 60 minute or so mix that I can then burn to a cd?"
Yes.

"If so, will VDJ also allow me to hear the mix before I actually record it or will it record every mix and sound as the burner hears it? Thanks."
I'm a bit confused by the question. It records live, as you make the mix. Whatever sound is coming out of your soundcard(s) will be recorded. It does not burn live, as far as I know. It creates a new music file that you can then burn, or not, at your convenience. There's nothing stopping you from loading that recording back into VDJ or any other audio program if you'd like to edit it before the burn.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:53 pm
What I'm asking is...can I hear the next mix prior to recording it? Or does VDJ record as you go along?
With a real mixer, I can hear the mix before releasing it? Can VDJ do this? Also, will the demo version of VDJ allow me to save recordings or do I have to purchase the full version?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:07 pm
"can I hear the next mix prior to recording it? "

"Also, will the demo version of VDJ allow me to save recordings or do I have to purchase the full version?"

ANSWER:
YOU HAVE TO PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION OF VDJ.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:10 pm
and all i have to do is purchase the full version of VDJ? no additional hardware or software is needed? just so that i understand, with the full version i can cue and hear the mix before releasing it just as though i were listening to it through headphones?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:17 pm
Since your are purchase the full version you can do things that you can't imagine.!!! from cueing,loops,rec,beatmatching with one key,autoplay, etc.etc.etc.

And yes, no hardware or any special software needed, since you purchase it takes only a matter of about 10 min, to go ahaid and earn you many back (DJing like a pro).
And you can get allot of help here in the forum.!!!

YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED. PROMISE. :) :)

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:41 pm
wow!!! thanks so much for this information. i'm having a party later this month and wanted to record some mixes of songs that I have on my pc and on other cds....it seems as though VDJ is the answer! I guess I will be able to put away my mixer and turntables now! Looking forward to this new experience!

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:50 pm
"I guess I will be able to put away my mixer and turntables"

And of course you can work with this gear you already have.!!!!! (Don't need to put away)
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH VDJ

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:56 pm
get yourself some Time Coded Vinyls and make your parties even more special ;)

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 12:01 am
time coded vinyls??? does that mean the vinyls are coded with a bpm??

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 12:03 am
they have a special signal on them which VDJ understands, and allows you to use your turntables to control the songs in VDJ, meaning just because you want to use MPĀ£'s, you don't have to lose out on the control of vinyl =D

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 12:06 am

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 12:07 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
steve easy on this dude. the first time i laid my hands on this demo my heart rate went up too fast. telling dude that he can control vdj with this tables at this point could give him a heart attack/faint.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 2:55 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Whoa, hold on a second.

Don't put away that mixer. Do you really want to go from knobs and sliders to clicking and dragging with your mouse? Run the sound from your soundcard into that mixer and get the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, if you do this you cannot use VDJ's built in recording of mixes (as VDJ isn't aware of what you are doing on the external mixer) but it should be pretty simple to run a line out of your mixer back into the soundcard to record your mixes that way. That's what I do.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 3:14 am
how do i use my headphones to listen to the cued song that i want to mix?

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 4:30 am
only works in full version

cracked versions dont work, as they are cracked demo versions, with feature disabled.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 1:33 pm
haha.. okay vpcdj.. wouldn't want to be the cause of anything like that now :)

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 3:11 pm
i have the full "uncracked" version....i just cant figure out how to do it....

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 5:42 pm
if you have the full version, please update your profile by entering your serial

this will lead to all the support from us...

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)