Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DFX 6 Sound Enhancement

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Since VDJ doesn't recommend that we allow VDJ to automix for long periods of time, it is apparent that we still need to have a software to handle this, such as winamp or media player etc. My question is has anyone ever used the DFX 6 sound enhancement with these to boost the quality of the mp3's.

Is this software more for making home computers sound better with mp3's, or will it also enhance the sound quality coming out of external mixers (at clubs) using winamp etc?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 7:58 pm
as DFX is only DSP, then yes, it will make the same difference to your home system as it would a club system.. only louder =D

however, I prersonally would rather listen to the mp3 the way it came from the vinyl/cd (or whatever) than to have it mangled with MORE reverb and whatnot than whats already provided in the club..

again, this can be totally dependant on the club you're playing in, and the reverberation and such it has.. again, if I remember rightly, DFX has bass enhancement, or rather Bass EQ, so if your club hass bass bins, i seriously wouldn't bother...

but try it, see if you can find what works best.. however, Winamp with DFX will not sound the same as VDJ, and this may throw people off...

steve

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 11:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)