Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need suggestions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AvinonPRO InfinityMember since 2005
My budget is very limited, however I realize the limitations of the HDJC and wanted to know if I returned it and had 300 dollars to spend (maybe 400) and wanted to get into DJ'ing what do you all recommend I buy. Or, should I keep the HDJC and is there something out there I can use WITH the HDJC for around 1-200 dollars. Thanks in advance (the HDJC is great it just cant scratch).

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 1:09 am
You can get the full version for $100 and have scratch plug inns....
Yes its possible to scratch with the console....takes a lot of practice
Andre

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 7:51 am
It seems that I find it hard to scratch because the jog wheels themselves do not turn and do not stop when released like a turntable might. Any advice on how to handle this?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 8:28 pm
with a $400 budget I say-
Get the full version of Virtual DJ. with TCV $130
Look on ebay for two turntables and a mixer for around whats left. You could find some used Stanton STR8 100s, I know those are good...and you might even be able to find a couple technics for that. I've definitely seen some go for cheaper. Then you're setup with an INCREDIBLE DJing machince. You can scratch, mix, remix,- all that. That would be the best road to take I'd say. I had the DJ Console for a while- and hell yeah it's cool, but when i went up to TCV and VDJ 2 it opened a whole new world.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 8:51 pm
Is it worth using the HDJC as a soundcard?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:24 pm
Cant seem to find out how to edit so in addendum to the above...can you guys help me find some good deals on e-bay for that as I am completley unfamiliar with pricing.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:25 pm
Addendum #2 (wish there was an edit option lol). If any of you would like to IM me to further help me I can be reached at Verygoodmood on AIM, also please help me find a viable option for that 400 dollar price range with specifics (as in what kind of technics/what kind of mixer) Should I get one or two TCV's?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:29 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Buy the full version of the software and pinch your pennies after that. The updated VDJ will give you more capabilities than you are used to right now, and that will tide you over while you save up for quality equipment.

Do NOT drive yourself crazy by purchasing junk equipment. Buy the equipment that you'll need 6 months from now when you are that much better of a DJ. Nothing is more frustrating than replacing relatively new equipment because it does not have the capability or quality that you need.

Save a bit more. You don't need turntables right now, anyway. Atomix doesn't have any TCV's in stock. =)

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:42 pm
"Is it worth using the HDJC as a soundcard?" ---- yes! :)

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 1:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)