Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode CDs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

Quick question - on the hardware page of the VDJ website it says you need CDJs that can scratch in order for VDJ to use timecode CDs. Is this actually the case? I had a very quick play last night and seemed to manage to get it working with my CDJ100s which don't have scratch. Do I just need scratch in order to scratch? *scratches chin*

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 11:48 am
i put the timecode signal on my mp3 player, and it worked just fine from there, so its a case of you only need a scratch cd deck to scratch in VDJ

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 12:28 pm
I know it will work to a certain extent but can someone (ideally a VDJ Support/Atomix person or someone who actually uses them professionally) confirm what whether that is the case or whether there are some other limitations (such perhaps as track seeking issues)

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 12:36 pm
Also - what happens if the song is > 12mins long?

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 12:36 pm
Hi.

On the same topic - does anyone know what the relative advantages/disadvantages of the different input latency options on the Maya44UBS? I've set mine to fastest at the moment - which really is fast - but is this more unstable?

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 12:55 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
About the >12mins long. I think the song just carrys on playing and you can repeat the timecode from the beginning seamlessly. thats how it is on the vinyls anyway. probably the same for cds though

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 6:04 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I use virtual dj + pioneer cdj100's professionally - every night (6 times a week..)
Indeed... there are problems and solutions.
Read this first:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=8178
Dj in Norway was kind enough to forward this message to the Development Team.
Lets see...
In the meantime i made a "special" timecode version by looping the last seconds of the timecode from 11.30 min to 11.35..
This works as a "needle drop bypass" because most (normal)songs play "out of range" and i can use all my cue points (vdj) while using cd players as controllers.
No scratching with the cdj100's of course..
(For this i have my 1200's..)

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 2:46 pm
I have genmi cdj and they don't scratch, and when I use them with virtualdj it doesn't scratch too

But when the 12min cd is up the song keeps playing, without any problems

So for me it works great

Posted Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 8:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)