Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: cda files and karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

can I use cda files from a karaoke disk to play on my laptop. how can i rip them so i can zip them to play karaoke. my cd+g player is broke, and i have a lot of these cda disk. and when i pick karaoke in the video effects can't find file pop up and said it can't find d3dx9_33.dll a reload might fix it. can you help with this?

Posted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 7:55 pm
i think my cd reader and writer will not read subchannels and only see the audio part of the disk, that why i only see the cda files. do you think this is right.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 8:32 pm
kjcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Voodoo,
when you say "cda" karaoke disk RU meaning a cd+g disk? If yes then the answer is no. You have to rip your karaoke discs into a zipped file that contain mp3+g. I have used audio grabber (free) and it has worked well. Before you just start ripping there are some steps that I would recomend taking, to avoid all the compilications that I encountered! Type in "PCGumshoe" into the search box then click on his name and read his indepth guide to ripping cdg's. Happy ripping! I have over 100,000 zipped karaoke files and they all work flawlessly thanks to PCGumshoe.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 8:55 am
I went to your site, cool ride!!

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 9:55 am
i think it my cd player in my laptop it only shows cda files when i put a karaoke disk in that a cd+g disk. that why i was trying to load the cda files. thanks for the info

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 11:06 am
your laptop rom prob won't read a karaoke disk most standard laptop drives won't. most plextors and liteons will and a handfull of others will as well. look at the specs. You can get a cheap enclosure and a plextor drive and rip your karaoke through an external rom drive with usb

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 12:21 pm
Yea i think your right, i'm going to look for a new driver. i will try to update my site with more pictures of the mojo buggie some, thanks

Posted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 3:27 pm
i had the same problem with the file missing the file is a direct x 9 file so i would reccomend installing dirct x 9.0c it worked for me

Posted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 10:44 am
Can you help? I have windows 8 laptop and trying to play cda files for karaoke

Posted Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 1:32 pm
Sorry, as already explained above you can't directly play .cda files.

You will need to rip your karaoke CD's to standard MP3+G karaoke format files to be able to play them in VirtualDJ.

Posted Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 1:38 pm
I ripped my cda file in the power cd+g burner 2. the music players but now word shows. What step am i missing?

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 12:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)