Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Big problem with DJ Console HELP !!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

maqqeHome userMember since 2005
I have a big problem with my console and i have tried everyting i know..
The problem is that when i use the console and move on det jogs, all of the lights on my console start du flash just a little bit. my friend told me that a have to use a USB 2.0 hub with external powersupply so i bought one but that didn´t help, before a had det hub the console use to hang och stop working but that problem is gone, but the led-light still flashes when i jog.

A other problem i have is that when a play a song the tempo in the song is not stabel it goes up and down espesially when i load another song in the other drive...

I have a USB 2.0 console and run it on USB 2.0 ports...

please help me...

/MaQQe

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 1:06 pm

There might be several reasons for your console to behave strangely...

Please install the latest drivers and firmware from www.hercules.com (read the instructions carefully there).

Also, make sure your USB ports dont share IRQ! Usb is VERY sensitive to irq sharing, and that might cause all sorts of strange behaviour.

And., one thing that I experienced, that where kind of like your problem, was a bad usb cable! It had "bad contact", and therefor the console leds would flash etc

hope that helps

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 1:53 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you have opened the console (Some of us do that for a strange reason ;-) then it could be a bad wire between the top and the bottom PCB . I had that and it was almost like you describe.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 2:15 pm
I have the latest drivers and firmware

i will check the IRQ and also try to change cable..

No i have not opend my console..

tank you for your help

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 2:42 pm
I have checked my irq , my usb port is the only thing who using irq 21

i have tested with other cabels, still the same problem

i have the newest drivers and firmware..

my usb-hub is a quite cheap one, can it be that the console still dont get the power it need ?

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 10:25 pm
"my usb-hub is a quite cheap one, can it be that the console still dont get the power it need ?"

Connect the console directly to a USB port on your computer to test that.

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 7:27 am
I did that at first and thant dont work at all de power in my usb ports on my compyter is whey to low, when i conect it directly to the computer the console flashes even more and used to hanged.

now when i had it conneted to the usb hub its get more power from the hum, the haning has stopped but the led lights still flash a little bit when i press on a button och move the jog..

more bright ideas ??

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 12:37 pm
i can live with the led-flashing but when i play songs the tempo in the song variates up end down, its not the bpm thats changes it is just the song you hear... strange and very anoying behaviour

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 12:39 pm
Have you tested the console with another computer ?

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 1:13 pm
Yes have, the problem with the tempo was not on the other computer, the computer i tested was i slower mhz and ram than mine... i´m running om a AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with 512 ddr..

the computer i tested on whas a 1200 mhz with 256 ram.

when i tested it on the other computer det leds still was flashing but it worked propperly.

so... it must have something to do with my computer.. but i have no idea what it could be.

the version of VDJ i got with my conosle vas ver 1.2... how can i update it to 2.1 ?
I cant find any seral number on my CD. it s a orginal cd no crack shit..

shit i whant to solve this problem now so i can start playing realy... i´m staring to get sick of this problem, that as it seemes nobody have exept me...

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 3:02 pm

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 3:05 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
there is no serial key with the console version because its not the full version

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 5:54 pm
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i recomend anyone to purchase the fill version even when the have already got the console version as its much better
just take a look at peoples signitures. you will find a lot of people with
proffesional edition user and dj console too

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 5:56 pm
The 1.02 version is NOT compatible with the DJ Console version....

The DJ Console is compatible from the 1.07 version (not before) How can you have a "no cracked" 1.02 version for the DJ Console ???

Posted Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 7:14 pm
the version is 1.2 not 1.02

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 6:51 am
it is the cd that comes with the console when you by it..

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 6:52 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that is the 1.09...
where did you buy it?

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 8:07 am
on a store nearby, i´ts a new consol

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 10:58 am
@magge

There is no version 1.2 for the console!

The newest working version for console is 1.09
You can download it here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/update_virtualdj_djc_v1.09.exe

Any cracked version will only cause problems with console and many other things, sorry...

Please download the latest release from our website, and try that :)

(Norge slo Sverige i håndball.. hehe)

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 2:59 pm
Ok i just read on the CD, i have no cracked version at all. i run the version thats included on the cd that comes with the console when you by it.. but i have already the update 1.09.

and i have the newest firmware..

still got the problem..

Posted Thu 03 Feb 05 @ 4:03 pm
74%