Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ without DJ console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi gurus,

I installed VDJ 1.09 for DJ console..
Sometimes I would like to use VDJ without DJ console.. but I doesn't want to start : it needs DJ console to be plugged in..

Is there special configuration to do?

thanks for your help
Ced.

Posted Mon 31 Jan 05 @ 11:06 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm not sure if anything has changed, but if I remember correctly back to when I used my HDJ console version of the software, I think you need the Herc to be detected by windows to load up VDJ.

The full version of the software does not have this limitation.

Posted Mon 31 Jan 05 @ 11:17 pm
Yes,

The DJ Console version (include in the bundle) works only with the console connected.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 2:41 am
really!!!!

the thing is that it is written everywhere that DJ console is only a sound card . I paid 200 € only for a sound card!!! I thought that in the price VDJ is included also ... that would mean a full compability and utilisation.

I need to use VDJ without DJ console : because it can mix 2 playlist by itself and therefore I can have fun also on my parties without using DJ console.. I know that winamp can do it but it doesn't crossfade like VDJ.

Ced.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 10:45 am
So just buy Virtual DJ because for now you only have a free limited edition included with the djconsole.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 10:58 am
thanks for the advice:

But it means that Dj console is only a sound card which cost 200 € : it's quiet expensive!!!

ced.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 11:31 am

its a surround soundcard with 5.1 support, it is a dj midi controller (that works with many apps)...

Its quite a bargain, I would say... An all-in-one box for a low price! :) and many would agree with me on that...

even for a good 5.1 soundcard (which it is), the price is far...

Posted Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 1:50 pm
You can still automix with the hercules bundled software. You have to have the hercules plugged in, but it will automix all the songs the same, and you don't have to touch a thing. I used to leave the automix on for a couple songs when i would get a cigarette and a drink- dance a little- then come back turn automix off and do it all for real with the console.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 7:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)