Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Camera plugin suggestion- window mode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I've got a little suggestion for the camera plugin: Would it be possible to add a button that resizes the camera plugin to the bottom right hand corner of the screen and leavest rest of it free for videos/visuals?

What I'm thinking of is on those demo videos of virtualdj you get the videos full screeen and then just a little box in the bottom right hand corner that shows a camera pointed at the DJs hands/ kit so people can see what he's doing (and geeks can drool over what controller he's using or whatever)

I'm going to make myself a new video demo soon and it'd be really handy to have this feature so people can see that I'm actually mixing and I didn't just put in together in Sony Vegas or whatever.

Anybody else think this would be a good idea?

Posted Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 8:08 am
Thats a pretty cool idea!!:)

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 3:57 am
further more ...
be able to assign the camera to a deck
so you can use it with the video transitions

Posted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 10:20 pm
Yeah, that would be cleaver, some icon in the camera plugin, so you can just drag it onto a deck.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 5:21 pm
Glad to see some light back on this again.
I suggested this late last year, but little became of it. I have however learned since, after playing with both cheap, and expensive USB cameras, that processing USB video pulled a lot of CPU power, just to get a half reasonable frame rate. Thats even aside from the low quality i had them set for, on a "Airable" quality for a club, I was very unconfortable with the high level of CPU usage, just to process a usb camera.

Perhaps with firewire as a camera (now that I have one, i may try that too) the story may be more positive.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 4:55 am
yeah, that's interesting, since I haven't played around with it that much i don't really know, but maybe that's one of the reasons why they haven't implemented it.

I can make do for the moment by just recording the webcam separately then putting the demo togther in vegas, would be nice for the future though.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 10:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Wouldn't the problem with CPU utilisation be more tied to the actual video encoding than the USB transfer?

My USB webcam when set to maximum quality doesn't seem to create much of a CPU hit on my gig machine. The major problem I find is low light conditions causing the framerate to suffer :(

Posted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 11:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)