Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mic input probs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My microphone plug has stopped working. if i wish to use it i need to wiggle it around and hold it in place. when doing this it makes a nasty crackling sound over the speakers, similar to when u first plug something in. its so annoying as my mic is effectivly useless. i cant mc anymore, or record my voice over tracks. i was just wondering if this is a common problem and if there is any way to fix it without claiming on the warrenty, as i would need to pay postage costs. I'm not too chuffed about this as i have only had it since xmas!!!

Cheers

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 4:13 pm
You can start by checking the wire connections
What kind are they (1/4 or xlr)?
Andre

Posted Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 6:04 pm
I'm not sure. i asked in my local electronics shop for possible reasons and they said to take it in and they'll look at it for free (which they did). they said that it was probably the connections which may have fractured but when they looked it wasnt. they soldered it anyway, but its still no better :o( im not too chuffed with this...

Posted Tue 15 Feb 05 @ 6:36 pm
Try a different mic!

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 9:09 am
Hey!

I did try another mic. Anyhoo, it seems to work with another mic so i'm puttin it down to it bein faulty. was having a stupid moment i'm afraid! lol D'uh!
Cheers man

:o)

Posted Fri 25 Mar 05 @ 4:57 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it's the console !!!
i have the same problem, it comes from the console, maybe a contactspray will help.
i don't use the mic of the console.
this is also another f*cked-up-thing of the console.

Posted Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 9:47 am
Hmmmm I use a wireless mic with the console and it works fine here!
Andre

Posted Sun 27 Mar 05 @ 11:52 am
the mic seems to work, but when i come to recordin with it no sound records from the input. Ive tried mcing then droppin the music gain but i cant hear my voice when the music vol is up or down. i put the new drivers on so i dunno if its that or not, but i cant put the original drivers on cos the cd theyre on is in wales (where im a student), or not till i go back anyway. do u know where i can get older drivers from?

Posted Mon 28 Mar 05 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)