Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: trouble mapping hc4500

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

crussinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hello- I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I have searched around the forum and notepad for the denon dnhc-4500 and i cannot find an answer.
I know i am probably doing something wrong but i cannot get the mapper to come up.

I am using 5.1 pro, i have installed drivers for the hc4500, i have the dll file under virtual dj,plugins,control device and i have selected the 4500 under config, remote control,setting and the 4500 has the green box around it and teh activate tab is no longer grayed out.

Does anyone remember having anythign similair when trying to use the mapper? many thanks!
I am normally pretty good at this stuff but have walked away and came back several times and am at a loss so far.

Thanks in advance!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 7:03 pm
Maybe i jumped the gun? after re reading the notepad, it looks like you need v5.2.1 for this new mapper? I will try that and let everyone know the results.
Thanks for reading

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 7:12 pm
ok, so even with v5.2.1 and several reboots it is not working ( mapping ) i do get the welcome to virtual dj on both left and right decks of controller ( and a red "pc and blue "mp3" symbol on each side ) and goodbye when i exit VDJ.with the new version of VDJ there are 2 pages of choices of remote controls.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and help anyone else out who may have this issue in the future.

Thanks again for reading!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 7:28 pm
ok, problem solved!
Here is what i was doing wrong....i had the dll file in the wrong place- A DJ buddy of mine asked me to try putting it in the "my document" folders for virtual dj, etc etc.

This mapper appears to be WICKED!!! thanks for you hard work Mr Boggis!

Posted Mon 22 Sep 08 @ 7:56 pm
i also have the hc 4500 and i downloaded the mapper for it now how do i tranfer it to vdj to read it. im lost someone help...

Posted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 12:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Full installation instructions are included with JPs mapper.

In a nutshell, copy the DLL to your "My Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\ControlDevice" folder, run VDJ and enable the HC4500. Job done.

You really will need to read the instructions though, the settings and operation are quite extensive.

Posted Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 6:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)