Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dual Monitors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thanks for any responses-i use one monitor,i want to use 2-with 1 monitor i use my vga output from my laptop-what is the proper way to use 2 monitors?i have an s-video output...and the vga.. thanks dj ronnie

Posted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 7:59 am
Hi Ron, not quite sure what you are trying to do but i will see if i can help you.

your graphics outputs are: VGA(normal monitor plug) and a SVideo. is that right? and i'm guessing it's on a laptop too? if so...

Option 1)
Use the VGA output to run another PC monitor (you can only run 1 extra monitor without buying a multi monitor adapter and also all monitors will display the same thing). You can also get a PC to TV adapter which will let you hook up the VGA to a normall TV (i've Never tried this so cant tell you how well it works.)

Option 2)
Use the SVideo output with a converter to composite video (the yellow RCA type plug) this way you can run normall TV's on your system by using simple RCA splitter cables (this is what i use and it works fine)

Note: you can only use one or the other as the display resolutions are different on VGA and SVideo, also you will have to setup multidesktop on your laptop which is fairly easy, then just enable video in VDJ config menu, select the video card in the drop down box and you should be up and running. any video's or graphics should now be shown on your second outputs, be it on the VGA or SVideo.

Hope that helps, any questions then give me a shout.

good luck Tom.

Posted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 11:01 am
a multi monitor adapter --Yes-thats what i need,i am using the vga out to one monitor,and i would like to use two monitors-i am dj using music videos so this is called a VGA MULTI MONITOR ADAPTER/SPLTTER thank you for advice!

Posted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 11:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)