Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: xml errors re skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My PC died recently so I had to reinstall everything. Unfortunately I lost a pretty cool skin. I have installed winxp pro and downloaded several new skins but can't load them. Every time I try to change skin I get message Eorror in xml (linexxx). (X=number).
Am using Virtual DJ from the DJ Mixstation 2 CD-Rom which I bought about a year ago. Have downloaded latest upgrade and always ensure fonts are copied prior to importing skins. Any suggestions? IF they worked before, why not now? Thanx.

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 6:39 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The latest skins are made for the latest virtual dj 2.xx (full version)
They are not compatible with 1.xx versions of full virtuadj or dj mixstation/Hercules versions
(wich are actually 1.xx versions)

Try to find older skins at the download page, or better ...upgrate to the full version,
and enjoy...

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 3:31 am
Thanx for your answer, but I have tried older skins. In fact, I've tried lots of things from, re-installations, regedit, upgraded to 1.8 with free download. Nothing seems to work. The skin I used to use prior to a complete system overhall was, "Mix Station SV 04 (1024x768). Must have been version 1, but only a version 2 on site now, so until I have the spare cash, I'll have to make do. Once again, thank you for your response.

RAW

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 7:33 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Have you used the link "show all submissions" in the skins page ?
This will display more skins, and not only the most popular or recent.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 4:47 am
Thanx for your suggestion, I will try it now. P.S. I did find skins that worked but their features aren't as cool as MIX Station SV 04. Thanx to your help, I'm finally getting somewhere.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 3:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)