Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Korg Zero 4 and VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone, I'm trying to help out a friend who just got some new gear but he lives long distance. He's on the demo version of VDJ and I'm trying to convince him to buy the pro version but he wants to take a test drive and is having trouble setting things up. Unfortunately, I live far and being unfamiliar with this korg mixer I'm not sure how to help him over the phone, sooo...

Firstly, is it possible to hook up 2 Pioneer CDJ 400's and the Zero 4 up to his computer to use as MIDI controllers? I.E. to control each deck and the internal mixer, respectively. Obviously he has enough USB ports to do this, but is it even possible in theory to have this many controllers? If yes, how?

Secondly, if this is not a possibility how would one go about hooking up the zero 4 for TCCD use with the 400s? I myself use an external Audio 8 DJ soundcard with an all-pioneer setup, but since the Zero 4 has an internal soundcard I'm not sure how to tell him to route the audio for each channel...

Any input would be greatly apperciated! And i will get said buddy to register as a guest on here so he can gives us his input directly. Thanks again everyone and keep on mixxinn!!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 7:17 pm
For your first question I´m not quite sure. The Zero 4 would be connected via Firewire with your PC. Then within Virtual Dj you assign the midi function to the Korg Zero4.
The 2 CDJ 400 could also be connected to your PC via USB but I´m not quite sure if Virtual Dj can handle different Midi Hardware.

For your second question
1. Install the software and drivers that come with the mixer. Both Zero4 and Zero Edit.
2. Connect Zero4 to your computer and verify that firewire the light comes on.
3. Connect your CD players to the CD/Line connections of Channels 1 & 2
4. Change the channel Input Selectors for channels 1 & 2 to "Audio" (You can also choose Audio+MIDI or MIDI if you need to control the software from the mixer)
5. Start VDJ and choose the soundcard setup.
6. Make sure you choose "Timecodes", "External Mixer", "ASIO" sound card, "KORG ASIO Driver", and both your input and output channels are set correctly.
7. Choose "ASIO Config" and make sure your "sample rate" is set to 44.1 KHz
8. Choose "Timecode Config" and make sure CD is selected.
9. Start your CD player with the TCCD and then choose Auto-config.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 3:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)