Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have VDJ 5.2 with a Pioneer DJM-800 mixer and CDJ-1000s. All top gear. It doesn't matter what I use for a soundcard - SSL or Maya 44 - they both produce the same effect.

It doesn't return to the right cue spot when I hit "cue" on the CDJ - it goes to about half a second before the cue. It's annoying and makes it hard to mix right. I have 100% on both decks, so I'm confused

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:49 pm
I had the same problem. Go to sound setup/ time code config and in "Signal", select VDJ time code v4. then do autoconfig and this should work.
I almost had a heart attack when this happened to my in a gig 20 minutes before the start time, luckly I been dealing with this software for a little.
Hope it helps.

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 1:02 pm
I also posted a topid about this so my bad for not searching.

However speaking of the maya44. Do you have problem with how low the volume output is. When I feed it through vdj to my mixer, I have to set my gains the whole way up to the top to get a normal volume. Any fix?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 4:53 pm
DJSARGEHome userMember since 2006
my problem is soooo annoying... i have virtual vinyl 5.2 and everytime the timecodes reach 11:45 the pitch automatically resets to 0%.... i'm kinda used to just rewinding the track afta each song but sometimes i wish i didnt have to do dat... any advice?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 9:34 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJSARGE wrote :
my problem is soooo annoying... i have virtual vinyl 5.2 and everytime the timecodes reach 11:45 the pitch automatically resets to 0%.... i'm kinda used to just rewinding the track afta each song but sometimes i wish i didnt have to do dat... any advice?

I think you are reaching the limit of the timecode, it's only 12 minutes long, as I believe. That's probably why it's reseting itself.

Posted Fri 12 Sep 08 @ 2:42 am
DJSARGEHome userMember since 2006
{sighs} Atomix should make 70 minute timecodes!

Posted Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 7:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)