Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: hercules dj console rmx and vdj le issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello
I recently purchased a hercules rmx with vdj le and i installed all the latest drivers and versions but the music stutters and pops when i play on my laptop and i can't find any configure options or control menu.
Can somebody please help me get this thing working propperly?
I spend my last cash on this!

Also it seems that the mastertempo option and the autoloop from the vdj version that came with the mk2 are gone?
anybody know why?

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 5:01 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 5:08 am
yes i downloaded and installed the latest version but its not working propperly

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 7:43 am
To solve the music stutters and pops try to increase the latency in the hercules control panel before to open VDJ.

For second question sorry but auto Loop is not available, you can use loop in & out.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 8:11 am
ehm i'm kinda new to this..
how do i go about doing that?

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 8:30 am
Sorry if my print screen is in Italian but try to increase the buffer ASIO where you can read the number "(960 21ms)"

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 9:03 am
ok will try - hope this works

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 10:12 am
i also called the technical support
they told me to switch the settings to 48000hz, 16 bit & (336)7ms
but i can change the settings fine without vdj working but as soon as i turn on vdj it switches back to the standard settings
so i'm still getting the same problem

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 3:22 pm
also with vdj on i can't change anything in the hercules control panel

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 3:24 pm
after messing around with it a while i found that i can change the asio settings in the 44100 hz setting
so that i can increase the buffer.
Butthe higher i go this puts delays on all the effect buttons:S
And it still don't sound right

Posted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 4:35 pm
i just called the helpdesk againand they told me to unplug all other usb devices
but as soon as i touch anything it starts to stutter and pop and lag again:S

I now have the following config

44100hz
16 bit
8 ms

i can't switch to the 48000 setting because it reverts back automatically as soon as i open up vdj

i,m running this on an acer aspire with XP and a Mobile amd sempron 3300+ processor, 2.00GHz,960 mb

please somebody help me out
the helpdesk number doesn't work half of the time and i really want to get mixing!!!

Posted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 8:05 am
I have exact the same problems, i hope someone nows the right answer.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 6:33 am
I had this same problem and was about to return the console. I found a post somewhere on Google that recommended turning off your internal wifi while using the program. IT WORKED! This solved the problem for me. Good luck to the rest of you. I know how frustrating this problem can be!

Posted Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 7:31 pm
DjZenHome userMember since 2005
i had the same issue last night. I upgraded to 5.2 recently and had no issues. A few days ago i upgraded to Pro trial version and also everything was good until last night. Anytime i move the cross fader or any eq knobs on the console i get a popping sound and a stutter.

I messed around with the sound settings in the main rmx control panel before loading vdj and when i change anything in the ASIO settings upon loading vdj they all go back to WDM default.

i then proceeded to play around with the settings in vdj and changing the sound options in terms of the sound card that im using. rmx was one of the options and seemed to be the only option that worked. But im really not happy with the sound quility it puts out. I have bose speakers connected to rmx through rca cables and sound is not clean.
I have two built in sound cards on my desktop and now they seem to be no good because sound is put through rmx. When i choose otherwise i get no sound.

I also have a usb wifi adaptor connected, ill remove that and see if that makes any difference...

Posted Mon 15 Sep 08 @ 11:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)