Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error in the sound driver of Directx

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stereoxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hello,

When I try to start Virtual DJ I get message "Error in the sound driver of Directx". The program will open but when I try and load a song - nothing happens. The program is working but I can't play any music. I have tried downloading and installing Directx from Microsoft but it still does not work. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 3:43 pm
the error message is kinda putting you of track... (no pun..lol)

reason for this message is actually that the soundcard you have selected in soundcard settings in Virtual DJ, is incorrect or not available (say usb device is disconnected)

Go to soundcard settings, select the correct soundcard and mode.

Close Virtual DJ, restart... and you should not have the error message anymore

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 3:48 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OMG!!! I'm gettin very very very pissed off now!

I have this problem. at first it happened every few days, but now it has got rediculous! (and f****** frustrating!) guess how long before a crash..... ONE min 16 SECONDS, then when i thought it couldnt get shorter, bang! take off another 30 secs or so: 43.7 secs into Kanye West's New Workout Plan. the way to resolve it (that seems to work) is by restarting my computer... (and once i had to restart it twice cos the dj console just wasn't recognised!

All i can say now is that i cant wait to be able to afford a new soundcard, mixer, turntables and timecoded vinyls.....

the dj console has been a great little tool, but it's developed problems and i'll be sorry to see the back of it but damn! this is rediculous.
Not a happy bunny since i have only had it since christmas

:o(

If im doing anything wrong here, i'm sorry for my rant lol but please help. i still need my lil console cos i cant afford any new equipment. at least i still have a mouse, keyboard and 5.1 creatives to fall back on

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 12:34 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 1:42 am
@Nebula ....plz post your specs

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 7:43 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok,

Windows XP
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ ~ 1.8Gh
140Gb HHD
512 Ram
DirectX 9c

that enough info?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:55 pm
my xp10's are not working properly,the music stops and a hissing noise starts and can't get rid of it
can you help?

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 7:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)