Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Yet another BCD2000 problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm regretting buying this thing as a mixer replacement - because that seems to be where it's most unreliable. I stopped using this thing for the longest time because nothing but it's own software supported it's ridiculous turntable midi signals. Now that it has built in support as a controller in Virtual DJ I couldn't be happier with its behavior as a control, but when I use it for audio output the damn thing freezes up. I've tried absolutely every combination of audio configurations trying to use it's master output and headphone output. Several of them work perfectly at first, and just as I think I've finally gotten it working - the beat freezes. The play button stays on, and everything is as though the song is still going, but the turntable is frozen or moving dead slow. I've read about every post all over the internet making reference to this problem, but so far none of the suggested configurations have worked for me.

The setup that works best is Outputs > Headphones | Sound card(s) : BCD2000 | Output channels (default). With that in place, I've tried all sorts of performance configurations, with various latencies, safe mode on and off, fastest performance and best quality performance presets. All last about 5 minutes and then the music freezes. If I then go into 'sound setup', change anything, and hit okay, then change it back to how it was, the music will play again for a few minutes and then freeze again.

This has happened since I got the thing. Do you think it's faulty hardware that's tripping some VDJ switch like a bad breaker, or is there's still some configuration I can try to make this work? Note that I've tried routing audio output through ASIO4ALL then BCD2000 but that froze in the same way. Even when these audio freezes occur, the BCD doesn't stop working as a controller. I think it's something strictly related to it's sound card or audio setup.

My next step might be to buy an external sound card so that I can run headphones and master output at the same time and not fear for my parties that one day the BCD will come back to haunt me and drop the beat just when I thought I could trust it.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Alain

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 9:33 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The BCD series of controllers has been a disappointment to say the least. Berhinger admitted to a bad chip set in the 2000 and created the 3000 to replace it. Sadly the 3000 was not much better. I own a BCD2k and it has sat in storage for over a year now. Sorry but there is not much help to be had where those controllers are concerned.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 10:00 am
Hmm, shame they can't make like a real company and pull an exchange recall.

Seems like the literally tried to fix their biggest eff-up, gave the same returned and scrapped hardware a coat of paint, and then sold it off as their newest technology. What are they thinking.

Anyways, i realized that I could go into my audio setting on my computer and enable the BCD2000 internal auxiliary jack as a playback device. Then I can use the two soundcard method to play out my speakers and still use the BCD master and headset audio outputs as a headphone channel. It still freezes after about 5 minutes, but this time when the BCD froze out, the music continued to play on just my speakers. Weird. So when the bcd freezes out I can apparently reset it until the next one my changing something in the audio driver settings and then changing it back. Only problem is that when I do that, the beat skips for a split second, so it's not an option to just keep resetting the bcd (annoying as that would be) just to make use of it's headset jack. I wish there was some way to reset it without temp-freezing the music, or better yet, find some configuration for which it doesn't freeze up at all.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 11:45 am
The set up to get rid of that problem is to set the souncard as two soundcards with the default pc as the first and the bcd as the second. Then go to performances and choose the latency as auto so there is no delay.

Can anyone help me with my microphone problem? It works when I use the BDJ software but doesn't work in virtual dj. PLEASE!! I really need to use a mic while I'm playing

Posted Tue 16 Sep 08 @ 11:53 pm
well thats Berhinger for ya

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 4:23 am
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
No way, the Mic problem is very well known here.
There might be meny other problems with the BCD caused by Behringers hardware but for this ....it's up to VDJ.

As long as VDJ is not supporting ASIO-IN the Mic will never work.

Greetings Tanzi

Happy mixing
whatever your software is called

Posted Wed 17 Sep 08 @ 7:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)