Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: All I see is complaints, is this console worth it??? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Using "my" approach, since it would be module based you can take what you like and combine it any way you like. It should NOT be a all-in-one PCB approach !!

You could build it as:
- All in one console
- Controller only with or without soundcard
- Mixer only
- etc.

Posted Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 6:42 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cool. What will be *very* impressive is if you include a touchplate :o)
Should be possible if there is a pause while on, resume if off style midi command. I'd imagine implement scratching via a touchplate might be asking a bit too much though ;o)

Posted Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 6:53 pm
A perfect world would be an XP10 without a soundcard so you can use TCV? What is stopping you from getting an XP10 and just not using the sound card in it. How is this any different than someone making a controller without a soundcard built in. A builtin and unused soundcard effectively is the same thing as no sound card at all. Same thing goes for HDJC.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 1:20 am
Cost. Surely an XP10 minus the soundcard would be less than £100.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 10:19 am
And the HDJC sound card has issues with ASIO support - i.e. plays music far too fast and doesn't sound right.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 10:20 am
I am happy, so far, with Hercules DJ Console. :)
And I have used it for aaaaalmost a year now.
I don't use the buttons, but the knobs, however.
(my 4 sec's of fame)

Posted Sat 29 Jan 05 @ 3:04 am
deja01Home userMember since 2005
I've been playing at clubs and parties since 1991, I've used all sorts of equiptment, I usually play with whatever equiptment the club has to offer. My ultimate setup used to be 2x1210 and decent mixer with crossfade.

I feel that the DJ Console is a great investment, it could use a few more buttons. But what it all comes down to is that the equiptment does not make you a good dj. I see people saying "pro this, pro that". Dudes I've seen people do masterpieces with em' old denon racks everyone used to run.

You can be a fantastic DJ with the console, if you don't have a soundcard supporting asio, this one does. It's actually a pretty neat soundcard (i've never understood people not using the digital outputs anyways). Using a USB card is an advantage to me as I use my portable to play at clubs and behind my band and I sold my old Audiogy2 carrd since I don't have any use for it on my stationary.

Anyways there are a million pro's with this product, here is what could be a little better (but make no mistake it is just a matter of convience, not limiting your ability to be a dj).

* Buttons are kinda thicky sticky in rubber, hard to press down (like most dj equiptment)
* Sound output for the headphones are not as powerfull as one would wish (I like to use some pretty hardcore headphones and with most equiptment I need to use a small headphone amp)
* It lacks some buttons, it is hard working with que's at the same time as you use fx, unless you work with your keyboard aswell.
* I have not found a way to assign samples (from virtual dj) to the console. So once again you'll have to use your keyb.
* It is kind of tricky doing timesync scratching, it takes a way more skilled dj to do it with the console than with 2 turntables.

I'd say it's like with any other instrument, a better instrument does not make you a better player, you're still the same player with a better instrument. So if you're overcompensating your equiptment you are probably lacking some skillz.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 4:01 am
PrazHome userMember since 2005
Pem,

I will be purchasing the DJC in the near future. I was wondering if you could continue to give more information on your hardware modifications. I have a great interest in doing this. If for no other reason then to space the buttons out and maybe add a few more. I'm pretty interested in hardware projects from computers/electronics and would love any advice you have.

Posted Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 4:47 pm
Love the console and i even got used to the size of it after 6 months...Now all i bring to work at the club is my Laptop&DJ Console.I use play pitch bend eqs Jogs n Joystick to scratch.. My buttons are not sticky yet.Only thing that does'nt work is one light......lol
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 9:44 am
deja01 it would seem to me that if you have been playing in clubs for 14 years, you probably consider yourself a professional DJ. With that in mind, I can't understand why you are using a cracked version of this software. You are probably getting paid for your club work, it would be fair if the people who have supplied you with the software you use to make a profit would also get paid. You would also then be able to upgrade from the cracked 2.05 vertsion that you are using to the current much improved version.

Just my thoughts.

Posted Fri 20 May 05 @ 4:22 pm
The BETA testing, in my opinion, comes from people that just don't think it is a stable product. I must say I played around with a few versions and ended up buying the DJ console with version 2.01. My point is when buggy softwear goes wrong it's my rep on the line. You should promote pro beta testers, I know I've come across a few bugs that I can't find anything on. Like how about the ever popular crazy pitch control? This is when the pitch slider decides to do it's on thing, what is up with that?

The DJ console is a great idea but the fact that a product can go to market with that many bugs is just asking for people to try before buying with not a good turn around.

If there weren't some many missing componets I would have bought it much early but PCDJ gave me the support I needed, I'm talking about sending me patches on the fly as needed.

Again the combo of VDJ and the DJ Console is by far an awesome product but still needs to be buffed and polished. Like try getting with M-Audio to handle the hardwear interface issue, they can totaly help with the right motivation.

DJ For - The Hess Express Pro AM Beach Volleyball Series

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)