Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crossfader problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The crossfade of my console is too loose, no friction at all.
The two pitch sliders work fine instead.
It is just my console?
Any solution to increase the friction?
thanks

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 8:46 pm
This is the concept of the crossfader to be loose...... it is meant for scratching(for speed to do transform effect)on /offand
The pitch slider can be converted to volume for mixing making the volume the mapped control to replace the pitch sliders(this is why the controls are enless) all though i mix with the crossfader sometimes.
Andre

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 8:59 pm
The crossfader on my HDJC loosened up within a few hours of use too. Then it stopped working worth a damn all together. Tightening the two screws on either side of the slider stopped it from wiggling around like it was gonna fall out, but the crossfader is still very flaky. It sometimes will not move the software fader all the way to one side even though the physical fader is moved all the way to one side. This causes the channel that is supposed to be silent to bleed through and ruin your mix. Sometimes I can get it to really crossfade all the way if I slam the crossfader full max in one direction a few times. This is easily compensated though by just using the other level sliders. Just bring the level all the way down on the channel that is bleeding through. Even more annoying though is the tendency for the HDJC to momentarily allow the other channel to be heard when you are "punching in" with the play button, testing your beatchmatch while cueing.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 8:31 pm
I have been beating it up for the past week...so far so good i have one light on the console that does not work but besides this im quite impressed by the sound quality,i am still working out a few asio bugs but all seems fine for me with this controller.
If you think this is a toy check out mixman 2 at toys are us ....
We definitly need a bigger box for djc,
Andre

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 9:04 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I bought a Mixman2 for $20 on ebay, rigged it up as a midi controller and ran it with Traktor as my first step into digital DJ'ing.

Those things are actually pretty cool!

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 9:16 pm
Hell yeah they're pretty cool, can't beat the price too!

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 10:44 pm
evilevoHome userMember since 2005
Quote: "It sometimes will not move the software fader all the way to one side even though the physical fader is moved all the way to one side"

I've got the same prob. Alway, when i move the console Fader to the left, the software fader will only move a lil' bit over the middle... Is there a FIX ..or 's my DJ Console broken ??

Posted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 11:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)