Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Random Video Transition plug-in and PLAYLISTS

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi.

I have discovered a problem with a plug-in

If I set my effects drop down list to Random Video Transition, the plug-in works fine when mixing songs from one deck to the next. However, the plug-in does not seem to be working with playlists and automixing.

When using playlists and automix mode, the video will just cut from one to the other. Only when I am physically mixing two videos will this plug-in work for me.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am using 5.0.7 and have the Video Transition effect highlighted.
I also have the audio only files set to use the CLIPBANK plug-in (that seems to work fine)

Posted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 10:12 pm
Check to see that the Plugin for the Random Trans is set for Automix mode or standard, you have to physically change that too when u go into Automix. Also you also may be seein it in the Cut transition when it does this as it may be the trans that is selected.

I personally have gotten rid of all the transitions that I dont like, ie. scratch, cut, strobo etc.

I personally feel this plugin needs to detect automix without havin to go in and change it each and every time I gotta pee lol:)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
discobrian24 wrote :
I personally feel this plugin needs to detect automix without havin to go in and change it each and every time I gotta pee lol:)

I don't remember why I didn't set it automatically in the past but I think there was a reason. Otherwise I will change it ;-)

Posted Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 6:21 am
I went into the the settings of the plug-in and activated Automix but I was still getting the same problem. The video would only cut between two songs.

After doing some fiddling around I discovered that you CANNOT have your automix type set to "NONE (Back to Back)" or the plug-in will not work. Since I only want the Automix on during dinner and for background music periods, I have set the Automix mode to "FADE (Remove Nothing)" and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Posted Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 6:40 am
djcel wrote :
discobrian24 wrote :

I don't remember why I didn't set it automatically in the past but I think there was a reason. Otherwise I will change it ;-)

Well I thank you Sir

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 9:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)