Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: This may help somebody

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When i downloaded VDJ Trial (which I still use cause i can't afford the full one) it had excactly the same problem Atomix did. If you changed the pitch of the song it started skipping badly. Well, just disable the "Time Stretching" option in the "Set" menu.
Also if you want to synchronize your song better, DON'T use Beatlock. It's an ok function, but results are better, if you don't use any autosyncs at all. Use your mouse to move the peaks into the same position, then use keyboards left/right buttons to adjust it so the beats sound good. Autosync tends to skip just a little bit sometimes. when you got the peaks together, using the keyboards leftright buttons is VERY helpful to gain perfect synchronisation so you won't hear boom boom...boom anymore :) Just one little hit to left/right buttons moves the peak so little, that the beats won't go crap, but the sync improves.

Cheers!

Sorry for the "non functionality" action, but i didn't feel like posting this to the general discussion forum cause this "may" answer some of the questions people "may" ask :)

Posted Tue 22 Jul 03 @ 7:51 pm
Or you could just be straight and say that the new features and automatic doesn't satisfy your need for perfection. Well automation is never foolproof, with enough time it can be made good enough to be always used. It just happens there is so much different kind of songs etc, that it would be quite a job to make it work good for all.

Compromise is often a good middle road, like: use the beat lock only temporarily - when your song doesn't have speed variations, keeping the beat locked may give unexpected results if there's some 'surprises' in the song..

I agree with the time stretch/master tempo, but there is one very good use for it, unfortunately the use i have in mind hasn't been implemented (hint=nudge enabled relative stretch). I tried to explain it once and apparently failed, so i don't bother again.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 03 @ 9:17 pm
The beatlock is good yes but, as you said, shouldn't be used all the time. It just depends on what kind of music you play. I play pretty fast trance/hardtrance and i don't like to use it.

Tell me about the time stretch :) I wanna know what it is good for.

They should make a dB meter that shows how loud the MP3 is. You know, if you use MP3s they are all recorded differently and some files are louder than others. If there were a calculator that shows or even autosyncs the loudness, it would be fantastic.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 03 @ 10:14 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Yes, as I sayed before in needs dinamyc compression (auto ludnes eq.). It has auto-gain, but that is not the same.

Posted Wed 23 Jul 03 @ 11:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)