Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Best video cards for VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Which are the video cards that are most compatible with VDJ. The cards that have the easiest setup and give the best performance for video mixing.

I am currently running a Nvidia 8800, but I seem to be having some compatibility issues. So which high end cards seem to be the most stable and easiest to setup

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 5:55 pm
Vista or XP?? If Vista I love my ATI HD 4850, after the fan tweak that is!

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 8:42 pm
XP

I have not heard any good things about Vista

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 12:53 am
I love Vista, the audio and video is soo much better (on my system). Give us some system specs if u have them.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:05 pm
For VDJ I would stay with ATI, seems to be less issues posted by VDJ users that have ATI cards than NVIDIA. I'm using the X1500 on the primary system and the emergency backup PC is using X1050, both video cards have worked great for me. Vista is running on both systems with UAC turned off and other stuff not needed for VDJ.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:27 pm
ATIs are great cards, I prefer NVidia cards due to there software flexability the only problems with the NVidia cards I have found is there are a lot of counterfit cards out there ( 5200 chipsets with 8800 BIOS on them and such) Just stick with a solid brand or buy ATI

Posted Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 3:08 am
spool32PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I run an Nvidia 8700GT on mine, no problems and its Vista.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 08 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)