Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using the line in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ronnypHome userMember since 2004
Hey everyone

I want to record a mix to mini disc using the line in. I have the cable that came bundled with the box, but I dont seem to hear anything through the speakers.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ronak

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:29 pm
whoops. I didnt mean that. What I mean is use the mini disc player when i'm djing as an alternative source

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:36 pm
Did you select line in ...in the console settings?
Andre

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:39 pm
Yeah I did. Is there anything special I need to do to vdj?

Ronak

Posted Sun 16 Jan 05 @ 10:33 am
Hi,

I wanted to do something similar a while ago and I was unable to hear the sound of the line-in through the speakers. I sent a question to Hercules support and I got an answer saying that you can not monitor the sound of the line-in through the speakers. You can record the sound, but you can't hear it. It's a shame really, it must be the first ever soundcard to function like that...

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 9:44 am
I'm not sure this still works, but it did some time ago... (if the feature is still in VDJ)

1. choose line-in at console
2. locate the console at the soundcard icon inside virtual dj (on the left side at music database, under "desktop")
3. drag the souncard icon to one of the decks..

This should play the sound comming from the line-in through the software (and out the speakers)

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 1:48 pm
Hi dj-in-norway

Thank you for your suggestion. I have read that before on the forum and tried it recently (locating the hercules dj console in the list of soundcards and dragging it on to a deck), but still nothing. Should the deck be spinning? Do i need to click play? Well I have tried anway but still nothing :) Any other suggestions?

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 8:41 pm
Monitoring line-In does not work. it is really a shame because they promote and sell it as "An advanced sound card for your PC". Technical support gave me the answer that the unit was designed with the focus on mixing mp3 thats why there is no input-level slider. Strange logic ...

Like DJUnreal said it must be the first "soundcard" without adjustable input. I wonder what all the input connectors are for if you canĀ“t adjust them ?

Anyway i think it is just a driver issue . It should not be a big tghing to put a level-slider net to the input-selector dropdown-box in the dj console mixer in one of the next driver releases.

Maybe we should bug technical support by email about that "feature" which is not even a feature but a standart setting which should be there anyway.

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=email_support

But i dont have my hopes too high cause if they would care about customers wishes they would not have removed the DJ Console Mapper from the latest driver

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 7:33 am
So there is no way of me listening to anything plugged into my line in socket of my console? I was thinking about getting a time coded vinyl, is there any point if it doesnt work?

Posted Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 10:36 pm
I am not sure. After many struggle i was able to get sound while recording from lineIN using Wavelab with asio drivers and audio-monitoring activated.

I have ordered a FS-vinyl and it should be delivered today... i will keep you informed about my experience later today

Posted Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 9:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)