Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: skin error

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've downloaded the trial version of Virtual DJ and it seems that it doesn't work. After I installed it an error comes up and says Invalid Skin File (error line %i in the xml). I've reinstalled it 4 times and its rather frustrating. I know I installed it right because I'm very computer literate. Is there an error in the program (i.e. a glitch?) How do I fix this error so when I do purchase the actual package I won't be screwed out on my money?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:09 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just had the same fault, but with a new skin. Are you using the default skin?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:20 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Only go into [regedit] and put back the skin by default. If you use multisessions:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | VirtualDJ
otherwise
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE |Software | VirtualDJ

then change the string value "Skin" by "Default:1024x768"

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 11:08 am
I don't know what a regedit is or where to look for it at. I looked in my default folder and one says 1024x768 and there 2 other ones in the same folder that says 800x600. Is there something else that I need to look at?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:03 pm
Go to program files-vdj-skins and send all the skins to another folder then go to website and download a couple of skins and voila all should work.Just make sure not to unzip the file...leave it as is in the skin folder!if you want your original skins ...well you have to try one at a time to see witch on is corrupt you can keep the others!
Regards
Andre

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:10 pm
okay, i found the regedit (registry edit) screen and I went into hkey /local machine/virtual dj folder and then I went down to where it said skins and it had in there 800x600 so i changed it to 1024x768 but still no luck. any other options?

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:21 pm
Hey thanks everyone for the help. Without your suggestions I would've never figured it out. Anytime someone has a problem like this just have them go into their registry file and delete the virtual dj folder out and then reinstall the program and it works.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 7:55 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"Default:1024x768" is the name of the default skin of Virtual DJ.
In the skins folder, this skin is inside the archive called "Default.zip"
I'm happy to have helped you (my idea at first :-) )
For the other ones, useless to uninstall Virtual DJ ;-)

Posted Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 8:10 pm

When getting the message "error line %i in the xml", remove the skin that is causing the problem from the Skin folder.

if you dont know what skin it is, remove all skins, exept the default skin.

you can then put all skins back, and try what skin is causing the problem

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 12:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry dj-in-norway what you say is not correct: VDJ keep in memory the name of the skin and don't set back the default skin
;-)

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 1:25 pm
Oh...did not know.. ;) never had a skin problem

Thanx for the info DJcel ;)

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 1:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)