Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Music Speeds Up In Middle of Sets

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For some reason, while mixing, the songs will start to speed up really fast. The only way I can bring it back to a normal bmp is to shut VDJ down and bring it back up again. It also does this when trying to record a mix. The songs speed up super fast. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 5:18 pm
Does your computer keep its time correctly?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 6:49 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
be sure you don't hit the letter B while not in the search field. It's the Beatlock, and will change the tempo to the other deck that's playing. the only way to turn it off is to hit the letter B again.

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 10:17 pm
For that reason alone is why I only have a few keyboard shortcuts.

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 12:01 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
CMBDJ wrote :
be sure you don't hit the letter B while not in the search field. It's the Beatlock, and will change the tempo to the other deck that's playing. the only way to turn it off is to hit the letter B again.

good spot - I bet that's what's been happening me lately.. will investigate and try to change this shortcut if that is the case

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 9:33 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I think you have to check on your shortcut.
Maybe you set the same button for 2 different functions

Posted Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 1:55 pm
I tested that and I don't think that is the problem. It happened again this weekend at a gig. In fact, the BMP (according to VDJ) is the same, but the song is speeding up so fast, like it's on fast foward. Is there a way to stop it while it's happeneing other than shutting VDJ down and restarting the program? And can it be prevented in the furture.

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 12:18 pm
I have the same problem: speeding up when trying to record or even when changing from vdj to another program, for ex. internet explorer. Only fix is starting up VDJ again. Any solutions yet?
Thx in advance

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 3:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)