Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Mac Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a new user to VDJ and have just installed the Mac version of the program. I read some other posts about mac skins and am still not clear as to how many skins I can actually get on my mac. I see
one skin at the bottom of the skins download page where you get an option of PC or Mac. Is that the only skin available to mac users. I asked some other local DJ's I know who are using macs and they
said they have had a hard time with the skins on their macs too.

I read on another thread that you can download the PC version and play it in bootcamp. I bought a mac so I wouldn't have to run windows so that really isn't an option I like. The program is great with the skins there are already on it but would be nicer if us mac users could use all the cool PC skins or at least have a handful of skins that we could change to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Posted Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 11:33 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 5:22 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Not all skins have been made available for Mac. :-(

If you have PC, you can download the skin on the PC, install the skin, and then get the zip file of the skin to use it on Mac.
And you can do the same with BootCamp.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 5:34 am
Yes suprdave, pls read on the link that were given n there is the instruction how to zip from pc to mac;)

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 6:17 am
Thanks guys. I did as the prior thread recommended and it was actually quite easy. Since it is fresh in my mind I will put an easy recap for anyone else that might like skins on their mac.

I went to work and on my windows computer there here is what I did.
1) Download and install trial of VDJ
2) Download and install the skins you want. ( I picked 7 random skins )
3) Go into the skins folder
4) Copy the .zip files for the downloaded skins onto a thumb-drive. ( They are already in .zip format so no need to compress )

I got home on my Mac and this is what I did.
1) Copy the .zip files for the skins that were previously copied onto Thumb-drive
2) Paste them to the Documents>Virtual Dj> Skins folder ( Exactly as they are in the .zip format )
3) I closed virtual Dj program and re-opened it.
4) Select Config>Skins and there you have it. New skins for Virtual Dj on your mac.

Sweeeeeeeet........

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 10:14 pm
Nice feeling ain't it..njoy mate;)

Posted Tue 29 Jul 08 @ 11:37 pm
sundazeHome userMember since 2011
Does this only work for the Pro version? I've downloaded 7.0.4 VirtualDJ Home and there is no VirtualDJ or Skins folder in my Documents folder.

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 3:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Skins and addons are reserved to Licensed registered users only. You need to purchase one of our dj software products (Broadcaster, Basic or Pro Full) to activate these features.

Posted Mon 23 May 11 @ 7:14 am
juddy5Home userMember since 2011
how do i get skins for my mac??

Posted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 4:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You register you license and then download from this site.

This is an old topic from 2008 btw!

Posted Thu 30 Jun 11 @ 6:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)