Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Got my djc today

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well i was amazed to see the size of this thing....controls too close together i keep hitting the jog wheel
i also got a crash after several hours of loops and heavy scratching..smiley and 10 sec recovery
Anybody know why this happens?
Also got another crash where vdj just shut down poooof..no warning nothing(was also scratching at the time with a loop)
Thanks
Andre

Posted Wed 12 Jan 05 @ 9:36 am
do this for me
change in cfg from scratch to bend for the jog wheels
run with that for a while
tell me if it still crashes

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 2:22 am
ok tried and no crash.....ran it for 3 hours and scratch heavily with joystick (takes a while to get use to this one) but i did not update the drivers
Andre

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 8:44 am
The controls being so cramped is one of my biggest complaints with the DJC too. It's a neat toy but it's hard to really "get down" on this thing. I'm glad I bought it overall though. And yes, you can see me post in the general forum, I have had 3 crashes when VDJ and DJC, all 3 were poof style crashes. No error message or anything.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 6:49 pm
I myself had many battles with crashing. Most of my crashes were "poof" crashes. I have noticed that almost all my crashes involve me scratching at/near the beggining of a song. So as a result, i've laid of the scratching overall, and if i feel the need, i only scratch when im a couple bars into it. No crashges since taking up that position.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 7:41 pm
I have been running the sh.. out of it for the past 3 days and got only 2 crashes!I am going to "take it to the floor" tonight and see what it will do at the bar!
Andre

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 8:11 pm
Have your backup source of jamz ready to go. My ipod, ran into the 3 line level input on my mixer is going to be my backup at my next party. Having a silent dance floor full of people looking at you wondering wtf is not a good feeling when you're the dj. I'll have my ipod paused and ready to go with the flick of a switch. It'll be like that ejector seat button in jet fighter planes.

Posted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:42 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good idea about ipod ;-)
Damn i want a console that show the graph of the song like virtualdj. Can u imagine the console little taller with harddrive slot and a little touchscreen for choose the songs? and instead of that mouse in the center, loop keys separated from effects. I wanna buy virtual dj 3 and installin it on a flash rom.

Posted Mon 31 Jan 05 @ 2:20 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anybody has tryed the console and/or virtual dj with some tablet pc? (sorry for my english)

Posted Mon 31 Jan 05 @ 2:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)