Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: transparency plugin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lwaverHome userMember since 2006
i wanna know if a video plugin that can the output transparent , for wen i play mp3 the output screen is my desktop ^

Sorry for my poor english.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 08 @ 10:48 pm
A Transparent plugin would show exactly what you are getting now! Its like adding a sheet of glass over what you have now!

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 6:06 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If I'm understanding what you want, it's not the video output that you want to make transparent, it's that actual video window. There are applications that can make windows transparent, but I've never used them in conjunction with VirtualDJ.

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 6:06 am
SBDJ,

Can you name me an application that can make the VDJ video window transparent when I play mp3s. I do a lot of power Point advertising so this would help.

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 8:06 am
As I said, there *are* applications that can make windows transparent such as Glass2K. I strongly doubt most of these applications would work with VDJ however.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 9:53 am
lwaverHome userMember since 2006
i recapitulate my question : i want to know if a plugin can put my output video transparent when i play mp3

ex: on my laptop i have both videos & mp3 , a lot of time i play video but when somebody want a song that i dont have in video format ( only in mp3 )

my setting in VDJ in video tab is / use this plugin for audio only files : Sonique (( this means that when i play video and mix to mp3 song, the plugin

play a sonic visual effect and wen i mix a video the screen return for my video ))

What i want to do is : running winamp avs visualisation in background for when i swith the video to mp3 in VDJ , the screen become transparent to

show my avs of winamp . Thats is !

Posted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 9:54 pm
OK, and I will re-iterate my answer then:

* No plugin exists to do this
* Even if a plugin existed, you would need VDJ Professional to download/use it
* An external app could do this to the VDJ video window, however whilst it will probably work on the window frame/title, it's unlikely to work on the DirectX rendered video content making it effectively useless. It would also work all the time, so the window would also be transparent when videos are playing. So again, this solution is not ideal.

So in short, I'd have to say no.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 4:34 am
Spot on, your asking VDJ to look under its own window, and then display this in its own window, OR effectivly turn off the second video output when playing mp3's. this it cannot do, and would chew a heck of a lot of CPU power leaving Winamp running under the window. Starting and stopping VDJs window can create a video driver crash by taking over a screen, and shutting it down on a repeated basis.

Posted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 7:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)