Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJconsole Remote Controll

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm at the moment working on a couple of really compact mixer solutions to be used with the DJC.

But, i also want to be able to use it with my standard 10" mixer. The DJC actually have most of the player functionality that i need, i just want to be able to operate it in a more professional way.
Sure, i would love to have a couple of XP10s but i already have the DJC and if i spend that kind of money i want to be able to use it with other software also.

So this is what i'm planning to build:

DJConsole Remote Controller:
---------------------------
- Replace the crossfader with some resistors or a small trim potentiometer hidden in the DJC.
- In smallest possible box add a numeric keypad.
- Remove the Pitch faders from the DJC and put one on each side of the keypad.
- Arrange so that i can fix the box in front of my 10" mixer and controll the players from it.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 2:29 pm
And as a bonus there will be a lot of free buttons to controll other features of VDJ from it. Loops, effects or whatever you want.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 2:50 pm
maus75PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sounds great Pern,

I've found something on the internet while i was browsing on images of virtual dj.

http://dupeyronn.free.fr/

Can't wait 2 c what u r building and maybe you can write a tutorial (how-to).
I think it would help lots of hercules console owners.

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 3:52 pm
I'm working a lot to test how far i can take the DJ Console regarding usability without building a new MIDI controller.

This since i really like the DJC concept. Only wish there have been 2 models, the current and a PRO version. I would be happy to pay another $100 to get a better version of DJC. It would still be cheap.

After that i will start on looking at building a MIDI controller (Like your link). MIDIbox is really popular to use as a base for this in the Traktor DJ Studio DIY community.

Here is an great example of what you can do with that:
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/traktor_forums/showthread.php?s=ee5f09876cfb7e6ee3a4545e7ca970bd&threadid=4924

Not sure yet if i will base it on MIDIbox or write my own software.

And yes, everything i do will be published in full on the net someware. With schematic etc.

Posted Tue 11 Jan 05 @ 4:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)