Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Needle Drop on Timecoded Vinyl Feature

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to disable the needle drop feature of the timecoded vinyl? Any thing you can turn off so - when i put the stylus anywhere on the vinyl after i choose a song and press play, it will just play from the beginning??

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 4:49 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I too would also like this, maybe as a keyboard short cut in an update

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:01 am
Same here

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 9:02 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just a question to TC Vinyl users: is your signal quality below 100%? If that is the problem for not-working needle drop feature?

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 10:44 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ive got timecode quality at 100% . Needle dropping works above 50% but i would like to see a feature like a keyboard shortcut to disable this feature

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 11:13 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok thx for replay.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 5:41 pm
Anyone?? Dj-in-norway??? please? heelllpp.... hahaha

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 2:45 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
There is a trick you can do, but not an "official" solution.
If a song is 4.00 min for example, then if you put the needle enywhere from 4-12 min
there is no needle drop.... !!
I made a "special" timecode cd, by looping some seconds of the timecode at 11.20 min
So i can play all songs till 11.20 min length wiyhout needle drop.

This tip will be included to a "Tips & tricks" thread (soon)

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 3:26 am
i see- so your telling the program that your dropping the needle outside of the normal "timezone" but since it's still in reading the timecode, it has to play...so essecially your just using the inside of the record...i also found that you can put the needle anywhere. Then press play (on the turntable), and then stop twice. this will take the song back to the beginning- then press play again (on the turntable) and it's playing from the beginning of the song, from wherever the needle is. (it sounds alot longer in words than actually doing it) Thanks apopsis

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 5:11 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Mon 10 Jan 05 @ 1:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)