Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Notepad-like Plugin? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Is there anything like notepad to use with VDJ or maybe a plug-in? I have the worst memory when ppl come up and ask stuff like.. "Can you give a shout out to my friend "name" fr their birthday and play "song" for them???

2min after they walk away I'm like.. DAMN what was I supposed to do again?? haha

At times I have run VDJ non-fullscreen so I can use notepad at the same time but I don't really like to do it this way. Would be nice if there was something IN the software to use for notes.

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 11:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'll knock something up :)

Posted Wed 25 Jun 08 @ 4:16 pm
Damn good idea that one, perhaps an idea to build it in to a future release, I end up with endless pieces of paper, not just requests etc but also technical stuff, for instance, one of my pieces of paper might look like this :-

rerip superman lovers - starlight (corrupt)
extend ending of utah saints video 'something good' (end cuts too early)
remux new audio to diana ross chain reaction, audio not great
Make a clipbank loop for x song

etc etc

So, to be able to click a button and have a pad pop up would be great, especially if you can add/delete notes in any order, like the notes thing on most mobile phones, then be able to say export it as a things to do list onto say your usb mem stick.

how does that sound?

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 5:47 am
Why not just minimize vdj and have notepad already open. Thats what I do to write down songs and notes and such. I keep the file on the desktop so I wont forget to look at it.

Posted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 7:22 pm
SBDJ.. I can hardly wait!! Thanks so much!!! Hell if you give me your PayPal I'd even be willing to donate to speed the process along :-)

Discobrain.. Of course you can minimize but that is kinda what I would like to avoid. Much rather do eveyrthing from "inside" the software

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 12:02 pm
Try this for now... ALWAYS ON TOP utility. Just read the instructions before loading. Don't open notepad fully and it should work great. I used it for a while.

"AlwaysOnTop will help you keep any window visible and "on top" of other windows. It's useful if you want to take notes in on program while working with another. "

http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/alwaysontop_purchase.htm

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Fri 27 Jun 08 @ 12:07 pm
SBDJ.. Any luck on this?

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 10:49 am
GetSomeQ wrote :
Is there anything like notepad to use with VDJ or maybe a plug-in? I have the worst memory when ppl come up and ask stuff like.. "Can you give a shout out to my friend "name" fr their birthday and play "song" for them???

2min after they walk away I'm like.. DAMN what was I supposed to do again?? haha

At times I have run VDJ non-fullscreen so I can use notepad at the same time but I don't really like to do it this way. Would be nice if there was something IN the software to use for notes.

Good idea!

I like to run VDJ full screen (looks better I think).. A little notepad button would be cool..

Posted Fri 11 Jul 08 @ 5:33 pm
GetSomeQ wrote :
SBDJ.. Any luck on this?

Not as yet, I've been busy moving house unfortunately. Will get on it when I get a few minutes, the plugin itself will be very simple...

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 5:12 am
GetSomeQ wrote :
SBDJ.. Any luck on this?

SBDJ wrote :

Not as yet, I've been busy moving house unfortunately. Will get on it when I get a few minutes, the plugin itself will be very simple...

simple is good.. :)

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 10:41 am
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I like this idea.

I would like to add:
I've been using the search log. I have a shorcut on my desktop for quick access. It works great because it keeps a complete date/time of any event-music I need to find from customers, notes for songs(good or not so good dance song), reminders & notes, or special events notes. This is what I use if I have a few dedications. The important part is the search log is there and it keeps date/time.

I like the search log because it's all in one place and it keeps a journal of all events. This is just me...

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 7:47 am
SBDJ.. ??? :-(

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 11:02 am

Sometimes when I have to announce somebody's birthday or a something else, it's easier to have it written in virtualdj then a paper on the mixer.

Maybe something like that scrolling text plugin, you can add text seperate from other text.
Only the text may be a little bigger
It would be great if you don't need to acitvate 3D or hardware acceleration.
Also the text must stay even if you hit the samples button or something else.

Maybe the one and only SBDJ can make this?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 1:13 am
I would be super happy if someone.. anyone could PLEASE do this!

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 2:16 pm
OK, I've had a quick look at this, knocked up something very basic but it works. On loading VirtualDJ a keyboard shortcut is registered (Ctrl+N) which will pop up the note window, as well as being able to click a button in the plugin GUI.

I want to tidy it up a bit, add some extra features like tab support and so forth.

It installs as a sound effect, but doesn't need activating - and obviously doesn't need video working either...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 6:32 am
Scott,

Thanks mate.
You make me happy again.
Gonna wait till you´re ready with the plugin.

Thanks for helping again.

dj Anthony

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 7:17 am
No worries.

Currently have a window that pops up on demand, it's a simplistic layout - a text box and 5 tabs (Requests, Shouts, Promos, Library Notes, Notes) and a manual save button.

Need to implement a bit of window management code to control window positioning etc... the save code and I'm going to set up timer callback function to automatically save the contents of the notepads as well.

Any other comments?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 7:24 am
Yes,

My comment: Wish that I could make that .

It´s great when you can make all these plugins.

Looks very cool with all the possibility´s SBDJ.

Thanks

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 7:54 am
Well I've written in a user-adjustable autosave timer, along with a manual save function in both the plugin gui and the notepad window.

I'll try and finish it off tomorrow, I've got to take the missus to the hospital to the doctors now and am gigging tonight....

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 8:04 am

Forgot to mention that the words must be big enough to read from 3 or 4 feet.

See ya later

Have fun tonight !!!

Regards,

Dj Anthony

Posted Thu 28 Aug 08 @ 8:15 am
43%